Hi everyone

Bond247

Hi, my name is Gautam, am from Mumbai.
I plan to buy a new system before the end of this year. My brother living in the US will be visiting soon so i was thinking of buying online and he could get it.

Please advise me on choosing the right system for my needs:
- I have a limited budget (upto 35k)
- My living room is huge (approx 500 sq ft)

I like the Yamaha Rx-V667, can someone please advise me on what speakers would go with that?
I am getting the 667 bundled with Klipsch HD500 for about 35k. Would that be a good selection? would it sound right for my living room?

Please help me out guys, thanks a lot

I plan to buy a new system before the end of this year. My brother living in the US will be visiting soon so i was thinking of buying online and he could get it.

I like the Yamaha Rx-V667, can someone please advise me on what speakers would go with that?
I am getting the 667 bundled with Klipsch HD500 for about 35k. Would that be a good selection? would it sound right for my living room?

Welcome to HFV!!!!!

Even thou the deal 667 + HD500 is nice but it will be too less for 500 sqft ....

You can get an AVR from there and buy bookshelf speakers here first then start building the system slowly.

Look @ Denon 1911/ Onkyo 608 AVRs from USA.

Mean while do audition some bookshelf speakers in mumbai to find which sounds good to your listening.

Also please read the relavant sections on this forum..

Kittu

welcome to hfv and 500sft is quite a space to fill.. so go slow and buy better.

get a avr frm us as they cost almost half and get speakers frm here.. rest gurus can help you for the combos.

Welcome Mr bond.

I presume only the yamaha is going to come from US and speakers would be purchased here..

Onkyo avr is equally good for movie and music, i.e. 50:50.

You can get Onkyo TX-NR708 instead of TX-SR608 for around US$700 and it would give you added power, THX, 7.2ch, network connectivity, Burr Brown dac, HDMI 1.4a etc...

As for speakers, can recommend Klipsch Quintet Synergy III or IV satellite speakers (small but damn good).

The combination would be over your budget, but guaranteed great value for money and worth the spend.

You can then audition the subwoofer with your dealer in India once resources permit.

Welcome to HFV Friend,

No doubt both your choices are very good.

I am giving u some more options for ur consideration.

1) Philips HTS5560/51 (3D Angled Speakers Blu-ray Disc playback, 1000w rms, 36k) (Philips - Home theater 3D Angled Speakers Blu-ray Disc playback - HTS5560/51 - 5.1/7.1 Home theatres - Home theatre - Sound and vision)

2) Sony BDV-E870 (Blu-ray Home Theatre Systems, 39,990k) (BDV-E870 : Blu-ray Home Theatre Systems : Home Theatre System : Sony India)

3) Pioneer HTP-RS40 (VSX-319V-K, S-RS7TB and S-RS3SW) (HTP-RS40 (VSX-319V-K, S-RS7TB and S-RS3SW))

Have a audition to these system and make a choice.
All come under ur budget.

A big thank you to all of you. I shall consider all the options, no doubt my job has gotten tougher but it's worth it. :)

One more thing I'd like to add, my living room also contains a dining area which occupies more than 100sq ft. The speakers won't be intruding in that area, so should I consider the listening space as 500sq ft or little less than 400 sq ft, should that make any difference in my choices?

Thanks,

Hi Mr. Bond,

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Kindly remember that Bookshelves and Sub-satellites cannot do any justice for a 500 sft room. You say it includes dining area also but since there is no wall I presume so it has to be considered as 500 sft room. Of course, a lot depends on the shape of the room. Do let us know the dimensions and shape.

You also did not specify your musical tastes and would this system be for music only or also for movies as these would also have a huge bearing in selection of components.

Rgds

Rajesh

Thanks for the response captrajesh...

Here is the layout of my living room, not sure about the exact dimensions, have tried to draw as accurately as I could.

ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting

How are the Energy Take classic 5.1 speakers? I am getting the Yamaha Rx-v667 with the Energy speakers bundled for $700, do you think it's a good deal? should I go for it and then build up on it?

Thanks,
Gautam

ANy updates on what you purchased bond?

I've bought a Denon 1911 and am looking at Klipsch HD500 or else Energy Take classic.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back