HI-FI AVR & speaker compatibility

KRC

Hi guys, I have sorted down these finally:

1. AVR TX-NR709 (110 W RMS/8 ohm) Onkyo. ( supports Bi-amping)
2. RF-62 ii (125W RMS) klipsch speakers.

let me know if its OK?

let me know if its OK?

Have you auditioned these if yes then did you like it. If you like SQ then go ahead with your purchase.

let me know if its OK?

me too Checking out the same combi :).

Personally I would prefer a Marantz SRxxxx paired with the Klipsch Reference series.

I absolutely dislike the Klipsch / Onkyo synergy too bright for my ears.

with the Marantz taming the Klipsch horn tweeter brightness, the High frequencies sound less synthesized without sacrificing detail

Hi Guys,

Its long time. Was busy in some work. I have bought the Klipsch Reference 62ii speakers ( 65K ) & the ( 60K )Onkyo AVR(NR709). The sound quality is awesome with only 2 towers. I am getting a very good response of both the high frequency & low frequency sounds. At this point in time I don't need a SUB, as the o/p of the klipsch speakers is more than enough for my 14/11 ft room. Will plan for it later. I have already received 2-3 complains from my neighbors for high bass thuds. I am happy with the performance as of now. Slowly I will add the rest of the speakers. Its a good combination to go for if you have the budget.
I have checked - keff, focal, Quad, Polk & many more around this range.
For Onkyo 709 -- I preferred it above Denon, Yamaha & Pioneer of this range.
And it really does the upscaling of the video signal. My video o/p has been improved almost double the quality even with my SONY LCD which even don't support HD.

Congrats, and owning a 709 myself i can vouch it is one of the best VFM receiver. Somehow i find members here very fond of Marantz, where as i personally found it less value for the money spent, but then to each his own, and the reason we have so many receivers :)

Hi Guys,

Its long time. Was busy in some work. I have bought the Klipsch Reference 62ii speakers ( 65K ) & the ( 60K )Onkyo AVR(NR709). The sound quality is awesome with only 2 towers. I am getting a very good response of both the high frequency & low frequency sounds. At this point in time I don't need a SUB, as the o/p of the klipsch speakers is more than enough for my 14/11 ft room. Will plan for it later. I have already received 2-3 complains from my neighbors for high bass thuds. I am happy with the performance as of now. Slowly I will add the rest of the speakers. Its a good combination to go for if you have the budget.
I have checked - keff, focal, Quad, Polk & many more around this range.
For Onkyo 709 -- I preferred it above Denon, Yamaha & Pioneer of this range.
And it really does the upscaling of the video signal. My video o/p has been improved almost double the quality even with my SONY LCD which even don't support HD.

As you are planning to spend 60k on recever, try Yamaha Aventage 810 once. :)

I have mentioned the ( 60K ) for Onkyo AVR(NR709)---Its the Price in India.
I bought it from Dubai & I paid 36K + 2K custom for 240V NR709 in all till Mumbai.
Its a new box pack with all the things required. I also got a wireless Apple TV device free with it.

I bought it from Dubai & I paid 36K + 2K custom for 240V NR709 in all till Mumbai.
Its a new box pack with all the things required. I also got a wireless Apple TV device free with it.

So onkyo retails for an exorbitant price in India. Almost 50% more.I don't understand why AV dealers try to rob us.

An other question. OT. Where do these ppl import from ?

Could you please share the details from where you had purchased the Onkyo in Dubai.
My friend was not able to find i there.

And also, which other speakers did you audition before choosing the Klipschs.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back