Hi /JBL studio series

R Narayanan

Hi to all. Am new here and its great.

Have any of you come across JBL's new studio speaker series. Especially the studio 130 (book shelf) and the studio 180 (floor stander). How good are these for audio purposes?

Ravi

hi,
Today itself heard these speakers paired with hk 3390.i liked studio 180. Price 20k. Tried studio 130. Poor in bass.didnt ask the cost. It is like studio 180 minus the bass driver. Did not like the looks of either.

O heard the 180 fs lo g back (not in ideal conditions though) . Was making inroads into the fs and hifi arena then. Didn't like them much. Found them a bit boomy. The avr could have been a reason, but I feel there are better options available for the money

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Heard the 130s and thought they were good for a budget satellite speaker. Not much bass (what do you expect from a 4-inch woofer?), but good imaging and soundstage. They also have pretty good off-axis response, so they'll work well in a space that doesn't have room treatments. I wouldn't use them without a subwoofer. If you like the sound but want a little more impact, then try a pair of Studio 130c centre speakers, but stand them up vertically for wide horizontal dispersion. Same tweeter, but dual 4-inch woofers.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back