Hi People

Nanotek

Hi People, newbie here. Glad to be on this forum. The depth of knowledge here is amazing. Hope to sound out (pun intended) a few gear heads here, for starter music system. From previous posts, I believe aiyima a08 amp with micca rb42 speakers would be a good starting point, and allow upgrading, rather than, say HiVi 1200D actives. I am open to FM offers for used equivalents of my requirement. Thanks again for reading.

Last edited:
Hi again. So I received my Aiyima A07 and Lucca RB42 today. Very happy with the quality of the chain, which uses my LG G8X as source. If I downgrade my android version to 10, I'll be able to use it's quad DAC to its full potential.

However, I'm missing a remote control and a bit more power. I am thinking of getting the SMSL A300 amp, which is confirmed as a logical move, on the audio science forum. Should I go ahead in getting a friend to bring it in from the US?

Hi People, newbie here. Glad to be on this forum. The depth of knowledge here is amazing. Hope to sound out (pun intended) a few gear heads here, for starter music system. From previous posts, I believe aiyima a08 amp with micca rb42 speakers would be a good starting point, and allow upgrading, rather than, say HiVi 1200D actives. I am open to FM offers for used equivalents of my requirement. Thanks again for reading.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!
Hi, thanks for the warm welcome, and the heads up to the huge pool of information available in existing threads. Will follow your advice and revert! Thanks again.

Thanks for the warm welcome. My eternal gratitude to you for setting up this forum. Based on the information, I bought a mint used Sennheiser hd600 and FiiO BTR5 from a cool dude. My first experience with audiophile grade headphone chain, running it from Apple Music and Android phone to get lossless hi-res...mind-blowing! Hearing stuff I never noticed before, and super immersive! I forgot I was using headphones! Thank you, again for the (different, as in better) music.

I just listened to Traumerei Op.15. No.7, by Dagmar Krug, suggested by Apple Music. Stupendous!

Last edited:
welcome to the forum
Thank you for the welcome. I would like to show my thankfulness, give back to society(!), by making a post that explains how I was able to listen to lossless, high resolution music easily and economically by gathering information from different posts here and on other websites. This is so that members DON'T have to go to different sources, but can get the info in one place. Maybe if the post is good enough, it can be 'stickied', placed in the beginning of the streaming section permanently, so that it's easy to come across.

High quality music is so important for hifivision members. I was listening to low quality music in the car until a cable that connected my phone to the aux broke. I had to hold the ends together while driving! This continued for some time while I figured out how to avoid breaking cables. Finally I connected a firestick to an HDMI extractor and then connected to the RCA of the car head unit. I could now play good quality music simply by asking Alexa to play tracks from Amazon music on the hotspot linked firestick. Everything fitted in the glove compartment.

The music was so good that I decided to get the same setup on my TV firestick. I didn't get that info from here, but I did get info about Apple Music and it's upgraded high quality music service. Interested members can do the following to get the same high quality music, relatively easily and cheaply, in India.

1. Any Android phone, even unused or without SIM.
2. DAC.
3. Apple Music app.

Just connect the phone to the DAC with an otg cable, and the DAC to the sound input of your sound system. You can have portable setup by using portable DAC and headsets.

No need for procuring expensive Apple products, and foreign credit cards, and VPNs, but Android users must activate Apple Music app through iTunes on a PC.

Hope this was useful. And thanks again for the warm welcome from admin and other members.

Welcome.
it may be worth getting some questions cleared up before buying anything. This may help you make better choices.

and

it’s also entirely possible to jump in and then make changes over time as you get more insights and experience
best wishes.

Welcome.
it may be worth getting some questions cleared up before buying anything. This may help you make better choices.

and

it’s also entirely possible to jump in and then make changes over time as you get more insights and experience
best wishes.
This! Wish it could be a sticky for newbies.

This! Wish it could be a sticky for newbies.
Don’t let it stop you from making a starting set up decision…better understanding, decent choices within our budget.
It’s a process where the destination is not as important as the journey itself 😊 enjoy!

Thank you for the welcome. I would like to show my thankfulness, give back to society(!), by making a post that explains how I was able to listen to lossless, high resolution music easily and economically by gathering information from different posts here and on other websites. This is so that members DON'T have to go to different sources, but can get the info in one place. Maybe if the post is good enough, it can be 'stickied', placed in the beginning of the streaming section permanently, so that it's easy to come across.

High quality music is so important for hifivision members. I was listening to low quality music in the car until a cable that connected my phone to the aux broke. I had to hold the ends together while driving! This continued for some time while I figured out how to avoid breaking cables. Finally I connected a firestick to an HDMI extractor and then connected to the RCA of the car head unit. I could now play good quality music simply by asking Alexa to play tracks from Amazon music on the hotspot linked firestick. Everything fitted in the glove compartment.

The music was so good that I decided to get the same setup on my TV firestick. I didn't get that info from here, but I did get info about Apple Music and it's upgraded high quality music service. Interested members can do the following to get the same high quality music, relatively easily and cheaply, in India.

1. Any Android phone, even unused or without SIM.
2. DAC.
3. Apple Music app.

Just connect the phone to the DAC with an otg cable, and the DAC to the sound input of your sound system. You can have portable setup by using portable DAC and headsets.

No need for procuring expensive Apple products, and foreign credit cards, and VPNs, but Android users must activate Apple Music app through iTunes on a PC.

Hope this was useful. And thanks again for the warm welcome from admin and other members.
Would it be possible to do the same if you're playing Apple music on an Apple TV and route it through the TV to the DAC?

Chain would look like this - Apple TV>HDMI>>TV (Android OS)>optical cable>>DAC

Would it be possible to do the same if you're playing Apple music on an Apple TV and route it through the TV to the DAC?

Chain would look like this - Apple TV>HDMI>>TV (Android OS)>optical cable>>DAC
i read somewhere on this forum that lossless high resolution does not degrade even after passing through different stages. so if the lossless signal is the same after passing through hdmi, it should work. However, isn't the result of Hdmi extraction PCM?

From previous posts, I believe aiyima a08 amp with micca rb42 speakers would be a good starting point, and allow upgrading, rather than, say HiVi 1200D actives. I am open to FM offers for used equivalents of my requirement. Thanks again for reading.
Hi again. So I received my Aiyima A07 and Lucca RB42 today. Very happy with the quality of the chain, which uses my LG G8X as source.

However, I'm missing a remote control and a bit more power. I am thinking of getting the SMSL A300 amp, which is confirmed as a logical move, on the audio science forum. Should I go ahead in getting a friend to bring it in from the US?
Woo hoo! Upgraded from micca rb42 to q acoustic 3020i! Huge difference in SQ and now I am getting more than enough volume.
Congrats! You've finally arrived at the same level of SQ as you'd have started out with had you opted for the HiVi D1200 😂

But then again, half the fun is in the chase 🙂

Congrats! You've finally arrived at the same level of SQ as you'd have started out with had you opted for the HiVi D1200 😂

But then again, half the fun is in the chase 🙂
Thanks for post. Also thanks generally for your other posts, which are very helpful in deciding what to buy!

Reasons for choosing 3020i:

1. D1090 not available.
2. Used 3020i mint condition very well priced.
3. Forum members' opinion is that passive and then speakers can be bought used confidently.
4. Hivi 1200 is not available for a long time, and moreover is active speaker, which can be problematic since more parts can go wrong. This last was true of q acoustics m20, which also had a record of bad service experience.

Thanks for the warm welcome. My eternal gratitude to you for setting up this forum. Based on the information, I bought a mint used Sennheiser hd600 and FiiO BTR5 from a cool dude. My first experience with audiophile grade headphone chain, running it from Apple Music and Android phone to get lossless hi-res...mind-blowing! Hearing stuff I never noticed before, and super immersive! I forgot I was using headphones! Thank you, again for the (different, as in better) music.

I just listened to Traumerei Op.15. No.7, by Dagmar Krug, suggested by Apple Music. Stupendous!

How does the HD600 sound with G8X as source?

I have a LG V40, believe they have the same DAC?

I also got a HD650 recently but dont have a 6.5mm to 3.5mm connector yet.

How does the HD600 sound with G8X as source?

I have a LG V40, believe they have the same DAC?

I also got a HD650 recently but dont have a 6.5mm to 3.5mm connector yet.
I did notice a difference between connecting apple music to HD600 using lg g8x using Bluetooth, and lg g8x using fiio btr5 dac and 2.5mm balanced cable. Fuller sound, more detailed! Better than even using 3.5mm unbalanced SE. Quite good results using soundmagic es80c IEMs. The latter triggers quad dac, hifi app showing a high impedance headphone has been connected.

Bear in mind, Android 10, which I downgraded to myself, the LG centre refusing to do so, gave additional features, such as balance left and right. However, since apple music is not integrated into UAPP app, I couldn't get the benefit of using UAPP drivers to avoid resampling from 44.1kHz to 48kHz.

Waiting for October 4 onwards for Google to provide feature of bit perfect for all phones running Android 14. Apple music will then play native bit perfect hi-res, lossless.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back