Hi, Please don't call me crazy.

omishra

Hi friends,

I am here in this HiFi community to learn something new from everybody and fulfill my dreams of having nice audio system since I was child.

This was in late 70's when I was kid and used to assemble LS system using match boxes, strings, few washers and drained D-size battery cells. This was powered with our bush transistor radio. ;) [Just like Padosan film's song 'mere samne wali khidki mein'] I mean actual radio was played behind this dummy system.

Got chance to open that radio for cleaning purposes at age of 7 years and realized that there are invisible humans singing and talking in city of tanks (Electrolyte Capacitors), hanging ropes (wires) and roads (PCB tracks) with no trees. Still these black ants trying to hijack that place. Since then passion continued with radio.

As I grew my father got me Delhi made tape recorder of 350Rs and promise of getting 1 cassette per month. So got collection of few cassettes.

While earning mine and families bread with that knowledge of electronics, I graduated in that subject with additional PG in Computer Science. Always wished to own good sound system. Now have money but no time. Seems life is getting lost.

Still at this age of mid 30's, doing hands on analog electronics since last 20 years. Fascinated by world of internet, trying get back all of those things I missed in my childhood, but mostly in DIY way.

So far own few class AB mosfet, class-T amps, few are in pipeline. Speakers home made DIY. One BLAU car tape player and PIONEER AM/FM tuner TX 221Z (got from old bazaar and repaired/tuned myself).

Please do help and guide me!

Thanks.

Last edited:
The forum is also in need of people like you buddy! I know we all will get to learn many things from you as well. Welcome to HFV

Oh my god, you're crazy!

I'M JOKING! :lol:

Welcome to HFV! I love your little story about the singing people. Wonderful!

Hi friends,
at age of 7 years and realized that there are invisible humans singing and talking

NO KIDDING HERE!!!!

These are my EXACT impressions when I heard the Gramphone the FIRST TIME!!!
but,I might be about 4-5 at that time.

I'd ask my Mamaji if I can see who all are INSIDE THE SPEAKERS AND HOW SMALL THEY ARE!

Welcome to the CRAZY world!.

pst.... the same Set ( Record changer and the sepaker) are with me NOW!!!.

you havent specified what help and guidance you need....
hmm... getting at collection of Vinyl records with player, getting and setting up speakers, good cases for my amps etc. So far I have built 4-1 input source selector using good quality silver contact relays and stepper volume control using Vishay military grade resistors. My amps sound good and silent but all of DIY missing good cabinets and RCA interconnect for them. Here I do get limitation while buying locally or get cheated online. There this group comes to help in providing pointers and rescue. I will be poking into respective threads here.

I had similar imagination ... guess we all are crazy!! :lol:

Like somebody said, this forum can only be enriched by the enlistment of a DIY'er like you.

Welcome.

--G

just like me .. some one . i played with pocket videogames moved to fm transmitters etc by +2 class , in engineering to modems of my own and finally lead IT biggies projects still play with small DACS , my PSU ideas ...
Mishraji , sad part is you arein pune ...varna we could have changed the diy scene together ..

welcome to HFV!

just like me .. some one . i played with pocket videogames moved to fm transmitters etc by +2 class , in engineering to modems of my own and finally lead IT biggies projects still play with small DACS , my PSU ideas ...
Mishraji , sad part is you arein pune ...varna we could have changed the diy scene together ..

welcome to HFV!

duniya badi choti hai... try cisco.... video conferencing and diy... hehe

oops i forgot... 3g is try.. video call cud do...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back