Hi...

Hi RB9,

nice review of the V6i. I totally agree when it comes to the sound. Maybe I should try changing the jumpers... ;)

What speakers you are driving with the CA?

Brgds
nuRoXX

Hi Nuroxx, Yes try 'Dussy' jumpers specially made by Jena Lab. It will cost you only 60$ & i think it should enhance the over all dynamics & the sound stage ! This is something worth trying for....Pls find their contact info as under:
Phone 503-639-7551 - [email protected]
OEM Sales: contact and home office phone: 503-639-7551
Jennifer White Wolf Crock or Michael Crock
Back to your question im using Jamo E660 (3way) with CA540R , with infinity for sr & JBL for the cnt. Pls dont laugh on my Jamo love...:D . Will upgrade after six months or so.

Warm Regards
RB9

Hi RB9,

thanks yours too :)

Well, the chinese hardware... is performing great ;) IMHO you can't get more quality for the price.

The Dussun V8i (former Korsun I have): in my eyes a straight forward amp (and nothing to do with tube -like playback as propagated on a sellers page) and controls any speaker, regardless of its impedance. I consider the amp relatively natural and not sounded. Even if you request high levels he remains very sovereign.

The Classic No. 6.6: similar to the Korsun / Dussun, not that powerful and a bit "softer" in reproducing. Some people say the Classic is more musical than the Dussun.

Both amps are well manufactured, solid, made with components of high quality and are very reliable (i.e. the short-circuit protection of the Dussun).

The remote controls are heavy but allowing only rough adjustments.

The present CDp is the Marantz SA7001 KI and is "ok". The bass performance could be a bit better. The sound in general I consider smooth, compared to NAD or Arcam player I've used before. In conjunction with the Dussun a very good team.

The speakers: nuVero 14. It is the latest model from Nubert. Nubert is an online-dealer and is selling mainly in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.

The main characteristic of that speaker: very linear frequency responses and carries technologies which you cannot find in other speakers of that price.

Dimensions: 1,40m high, 23,5cm wide and 42,5cm depth. Its weight 52 Kg.

But as I've mentioned above, still exploring the speaker...

Beside of Klipsch bookshelf speaker I do not have any experiences with US brands. Other brands I've had before were NAD, Arcam, Yamaha, Pioneer and Denon (<- Amps and CDp) as well as B&W, Wharfdale and DIY (<- speakers).

Brgds
nuRoXX

hi nuroxx
am looking for your experience with chinese amps. im interested in buying one - looking at the bada purer 3.3 or 3.8, or jungson ja88d or dusson v6i.

i currently have the nad c272 - was interested in buying the dusson but read in reviews that though extremely powerful, the mids esp and clinical and overall not very musical. i love my mids and wouldnt want to give that up. a user said that he paired it with a pre tube amp and said that it was amazing after that.

also if you have any experience with the bada or jungson (either directly or through friends etc) pl share.

@RB9

Hi and thanks for the contact details of the "Dussy jumper people". I'll give it a try and let you know :)

Well, as you do with the Jamo I do with Nubert ;) The new nuVero is already my sixth loudspeaker from that manufacturer. And probably for the next 5 years or so the last one...

What will be your next upgrade, you've mentioned ... within the next six month... ? Already a particular model in focus?

Hi afj,

so far I have only experiences with the two amps mentioned above, Korsun/Dussun and Classic. Yep, the Korsun/Dussun is a kind of "cold", very direct and is not coloring the sound. Also here in Germany some Korsun/Dussun owner did report the same. But I like it. Especially with the kind of music I prefer (progressive- and power metal).

Here I would recommend the Classic as he drives a bit softer. I've had the NAD C372 (very similar to the C272) before the Korsun and since owning the latter, NAD is for me... let's say, a No-Go amp :D

But why not buying a tube-amp? Pretty sure you are aware of the following link, however... -> Home <- here you'll find almost all serious chinese brands.

I've only heard about the Jungson amps but what I've heard was always very pro Jungson.

Sorry that I could not help any further...

Brgds
nuRoXX

hi nuroxx
thanks for the info. have been to the website that you sent previously. i did look at the specs on the classic 6.6 but going purely by specs the jungson ja88d seems a better deal. they're both nearly the same price but the jungson is a pre tube and 80 watts pure class A with reviews showing that its heavily underrated and it puts out 115w. for my ma rs6 thats perfect. at about 300 dollars more theres the bada purer 3.8se that does 80w pure class a and upto 138w class ab. right now my choice is between the 2. what tube amp would you suggest

@RB9

Hi and thanks for the contact details of the "Dussy jumper people". I'll give it a try and let you know :)

Well, as you do with the Jamo I do with Nubert ;) The new nuVero is already my sixth loudspeaker from that manufacturer. And probably for the next 5 years or so the last one...

What will be your next upgrade, you've mentioned ... within the next six month... ? Already a particular model in focus?

Hi, Your Nubert looks like a great Dane !! My next upgrade will be B&W 805S as like the their sound......its very soothing to my ears.....lets see! I will wait for your update on the Dussy jumpers from Jena Labs..!:)
Regards

Hi afj,

... it is difficult finding the right amp ;) .

I would go for the Bada Purer... that's seems to be a great piece of technic. I've just searched german forums for it and I've found only positiv opinions.

A good (and a better one for me) alternative is the Shanling A-300. That amp has real good equipment build in, Ok, it operates not on Class A. I've heard it once along with Dynaudio speaker (unfortunately not at home) and I was impressed.

But if you stick on Class A mode...

On the other hand the Jungson would do as well. I believe there is not that big different to the Bada Purer and the MA RS6 is an amp friendly speaker which can be driven easily (and controlled) with 80watt

Did I mention that it is difficult finding the right amp :D

Grateful if you keep us posted here.

Brgds
nuRoXX

nuroxx
lol. it is difficult choosing an amp ESP when you cant audition

youre the only person that im chatting with that has any experience on chinese amps so pl help me with whatever you can

i like a very full and 'out there' mid range. vocals are very imp to me. and thats one part i like about the nad (which i currently have). i like a neutral sounding amp, forward presentation (the nad is warm and laid back). also like a tight bass (nad is flabby). dont mind the highs being a little rounded off so that theres no listening fatigue. i also want it to be very musical.

went through the classic series. the 6.0 doesnt have a remote so thats out of the question. amp not sure what spec on tubes will suit my speakers but did look at the 16.6.

due to a full mid range and musicality i would lean towards class A or tube - but wouldnt mind a solid class ab or b either - as long as it meets the purpose

nuroxx could you compare the amps that you;ve heard to some of the better known brands

done a little more research and its pretty much down to the bada purer 3.3 and the xindak xa6950 - i think. apparently the shanling is a little warm and laid back so thats out of the question. and the bada 3.8se apparently cant really be played at low volumes for quiet listening - which i do sometimes in the night. am still hoping that i get more favourable reviews on the xindak since i like the way it looks. but will go for whichever one will sound better obviously

nuroxx
lol. it is difficult choosing an amp ESP when you cant audition

youre the only person that im chatting with that has any experience on chinese amps so pl help me with whatever you can

i like a very full and 'out there' mid range. vocals are very imp to me. and thats one part i like about the nad (which i currently have). i like a neutral sounding amp, forward presentation (the nad is warm and laid back). also like a tight bass (nad is flabby). dont mind the highs being a little rounded off so that theres no listening fatigue. i also want it to be very musical.

went through the classic series. the 6.0 doesnt have a remote so thats out of the question. amp not sure what spec on tubes will suit my speakers but did look at the 16.6.

due to a full mid range and musicality i would lean towards class A or tube - but wouldnt mind a solid class ab or b either - as long as it meets the purpose

nuroxx could you compare the amps that you;ve heard to some of the better known brands

Hi, my honest suggestion to you is pls Dont buy anything based on the reviews only !!!! As its very difficult to describe the sound in words spl when its been discussed in general !!!!!!!! Every one has their own liking and disliking.........Best way is ...take all these reviews (online or magazines) for ref only and go for the audition for the last mile ! since you are so keen in Chinese amps tn why don't you try Dussun V6i ? Its fast & drive most of the very demanding/ power hungry speakers ! The sound is forward as per many owners....i'm one of them !!:)
Regards
RB9

Hi, my honest suggestion to you is pls Dont buy anything based on the reviews only !!!! As its very difficult to describe the sound in words spl when its been discussed in general !!!!!!!! Every one has their own liking and disliking.........Best way is ...take all these reviews (online or magazines) for ref only and go for the audition for the last mile ! since you are so keen in Chinese amps tn why don't you try Dussun V6i ? Its fast & drive most of the very demanding/ power hungry speakers ! The sound is forward as per many owners....i'm one of them !!:)
Regards
RB9

rb9
i cant audition them - i live in south africa and none of these products have dealers here. i currently have the nad and from reviews / users experience one thing is for certain is that all of the products that im looking at are better than the nad. first option would definitely be for me to audition but since i cant i just have to go by user and reviewer opinions. everyone that has owned the dusson says that the mids are thin and clinical - including a seller that i spoke to. my speakers arent difficult to drive (ma rs6 - 120w rms @6 ohms and 91db sensitivity) so thats not so much of an issue. but thanks for the info. pl keep helping me in my purchase

Hey! afj any particular reason that you are inclined only towards Chinese amps?
Have you given primare, krell, bryston a thought?
As i think they would pretty much match up to your expectation.
Cheers

Hey! afj any particular reason that you are inclined only towards Chinese amps?
Have you given primare, krell, bryston a thought?
As i think they would pretty much match up to your expectation.
Cheers

neo
if you look at the pricing on the chinese amps they're real good value. for instance what you would pay about 1000 dollars for a chinese amp is being compared to the likes of bryston, plinius etc etc. i've not read one review in which a 1000 usd chinese amp is compared with a 1000 usd western country amp. its always compared with something that would cost between 2500 - 4000 usd. agreed that they dont have much track record but apparently in their own country they do. the risk you take is dealer service etc though. i'm willing to try it out. i think the chinese are making huge inroads into the audiophile market at amazing prices and they'll soon be a major player. they just need to get their distribution and service network sorted

nuroxx - i just realized that i hijacked your thread. sorry :)

i've also realized that class A amplifiers dont work too well under high temperature weather conditions and tend to cut off. i live in a country where the temperature goes up to 40 degrees (105 farenheit). so i guess im back to square one. perhaps will consider the classis 6.0. nuroxx can you give me your opinions on this product

regards
francis

nuroxx - i just realized that i hijacked your thread. sorry :)

i've also realized that class A amplifiers dont work too well under high temperature weather conditions and tend to cut off. i live in a country where the temperature goes up to 40 degrees (105 farenheit). so i guess im back to square one. perhaps will consider the classis 6.0. nuroxx can you give me your opinions on this product

regards
francis

Hi francis,

no problem hijacking mine :D

Well, you've said already that class A might be a problem in the South African summer, but it is not ;) . Beside of it I would give nothing on it. I've heard (auditioned - a term more appropriate here) even to class D amps and was very satisfying... take it just as a side note.

Well. the Classic -> it operates also on class A up to 30w. But would you ever reach a sound level requiring more than 30w? The Classic No. 6.6 I have is firing my second set-up I listen to more seldom. However, I can say that I like the way it is building soundstages, and the way it is controlling the speaker! Maybe that's the secret word here.

What I belive is that what satisfying your demands is not searching in amps but in speaker. A good amp (as all mentioned already) is amplyfying only. Full Stop here. At least from my side ;) Tubes are bending frequencies, not only in mid ranges but entirely. If you like it, go for it.

I would recommend the following: Stick on the C272, have a tube pre and exchange the MA. The NAD will provide the required power (particularly the bass), the pre-tube will add some "general softness" and a new speaker will
finally add what you are demanding -> expressed mids. Take a B&W i.e.
RB9 could tell you about as he is going for it.

However, another amp recommendation from my side: Vincent or Advance Acoustic...

It is so difficult.... BTW and off-topic: I am often in SA (Durban, Cape Town and Port Elisabeth... -> any chance to have a drink together?) If so drop me a PM and we could go for... ;)

so are you saying that i wont have issues with overheating with the class a. i wrote to bada themselves. they said that they've tested their products upto 36 degrees but cant be sure at 40. for a chinese company to say that (they're known for stretching the truth) its a little concerning. anyway will call xindak distributor in australia and ask their opinion. they have similar weather conditions.

i quite like the ma's. i dont like the characteristics of the nad. its too warm and bass is too flabby for my liking. have heard the vincent but there was something that i didnt like about it. didnt feel that it was dynamic. apart from that it was really good.

so are you saying that i wont have issues with overheating with the class a. i wrote to bada themselves. they said that they've tested their products upto 36 degrees but cant be sure at 40. for a chinese company to say that (they're known for stretching the truth) its a little concerning. anyway will call xindak distributor in australia and ask their opinion. they have similar weather conditions.

i quite like the ma's. i dont like the characteristics of the nad. its too warm and bass is too flabby for my liking. have heard the vincent but there was something that i didnt like about it. didnt feel that it was dynamic. apart from that it was really good.

Hi Afj, pls adv your full system here from power cord/CD Player/IC/Speaker wire etc !! May be we can help you better.........I have auditioned classic/Xindak/Dussun (I HAVE)/Jugson at different shops. I liked all of them for the price they are selling ! But i want to know your total system first to comment something..........

Hi Afj, pls adv your full system here from power cord/CD Player/IC/Speaker wire etc !! May be we can help you better.........I have auditioned classic/Xindak/Dussun (I HAVE)/Jugson at different shops. I liked all of them for the price they are selling ! But i want to know your total system first to comment something..........

rb9
firstly thanks for all the help you and nuroxx are giving me with the amp.

my current set up is
monitor audio rs6 speakers
nad t163 pre amp
nad c272 power amp
nad t524 dvd player (i know this is a weak link in my system and i've just ordered a cambridge 640c cdp which i'll get this week)
supra interconnects
acoustic research speaker cables
the power cord is the standard one that came with the nad

i've tried the nadc372 on my set up and its didnt sound different to the current one. so the surround sound pre works pretty fine.

with the cambridge cdp coming in im presuming there will be less warmth, better pace, tighter bass and a cleaner overall sound. i once tried the nad c515 cdp on my set up and apart from the pace being better and slightly tighter bass there wasnt much difference

rb9
firstly thanks for all the help you and nuroxx are giving me with the amp.

my current set up is
monitor audio rs6 speakers
nad t163 pre amp
nad c272 power amp
nad t524 dvd player (i know this is a weak link in my system and i've just ordered a cambridge 640c cdp which i'll get this week)
supra interconnects
acoustic research speaker cables
the power cord is the standard one that came with the nad

i've tried the nadc372 on my set up and its didnt sound different to the current one. so the surround sound pre works pretty fine.

with the cambridge cdp coming in im presuming there will be less warmth, better pace, tighter bass and a cleaner overall sound. i once tried the nad c515 cdp on my set up and apart from the pace being better and slightly tighter bass there wasnt much difference

Hi i wish you could get CA 740 or 840 cdp.............i wanted to ask you to buy consonance cdp ref 2.2...........that was very good for the things you are looking for ..................can you cancel the order ??

Hi apart from other improvements over 640c, you could use them (740/840 v2) as DAC.......which is again very useful feature which makes them far more flexible to use in coming future .

Try and get 740C v2...........Talk to your dealer...im sure he will help you out.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back