Hi...

cant cancel but can upgrade to the 740. but the 740 is double the price of the 640. above what i want to spend

cant cancel but can upgrade to the 740. but the 740 is double the price of the 640. above what i want to spend

Hi, 740C is for 40K in India anyways pls go as per the budget.
Regards

rb9
whats your location. any idea about the likes of xindak / bada / jungson operating under higher temperatures

Hi, the price info was for the ref only..............may be there you will get it for less.... how much 640 is costing there ?
Regards

Hi, the price info was for the ref only..............may be there you will get it for less.... how much 640 is costing there ?
Regards

am getting it for about 20k rupees. the 740 is similarly priced at 40k

rb9
whats your location. any idea about the likes of xindak / bada / jungson operating under higher temperatures

Hi, i never had any prob with my Dussun amp which is again Chinese, i was in China for 4.5 years & now staying in New Delhi ! The temperature is calculated in the extreme high & low ......that too is outside temp where as normally we have significant difference between room ver outside temp !
Pls go ahead and buy it according to your choice and budget ! Try and look for JA88D its a good amp & should fit your budget ! I wish you could connect Consonance ref2.2 with this amp.........

Good luck:)
RB9

hi rb9
why would you suggest the jungson ja88d for my setup

the consonance is about 2k usd in the us. will be four times what im spending on the 640c :).

hi rb9
why would you suggest the jungson ja88d for my setup

the consonance is about 2k usd in the us. will be four times what im spending on the 640c :).

Hi, 1)both are very good products & have the sound you wished for !
2) in your posts you showed keen interest in Importing audio gear from China so i suggested one of my favorite system (Chinese)to you ! forget about the CD PLAYER but for the amp you can try for better deals where you were checking earlier !

rEGARDS

Hi, i will suggest wait for some time, first check the systems synergy with the 640 & save the money for the time being . Later go for the good one !!
Regards

got the ca 640c in this afternoon. hooked it up over lunch (we're fortunate to be able to go home for lunch:)). sounds cleaner through the range, slightly better pace (the nad dvd was a little lazy) and slightly tighter bass. was hoping that it would make the bass more dynamic, but its still laid back. i think that the nad is not for me. too warm and laid back

got the ca 640c in this afternoon. hooked it up over lunch (we're fortunate to be able to go home for lunch:)). sounds cleaner through the range, slightly better pace (the nad dvd was a little lazy) and slightly tighter bass. was hoping that it would make the bass more dynamic, but its still laid back. i think that the nad is not for me. too warm and laid back
Hi, give your CDP some time to burn in don't loose your heart............let it burn for approx 80-100 hrs time and then play the same cd which you are playing now.......that will be the right time to judge the overall synergy also pls try different placement for the front speakers !! how big is your room, pls adv width* length* height* and is there any window or door behind the system ? are both speakers are equally placed from the wall (behind & side) ? is there sufficient distance between both speakers ? what is the distance of the speakers from side & back wall ? How is the floor.....carpeted or glossy tiles or wooden floor ? are there few pictures or paintings with the glass frame OR any glass furniture ?? these are the few checks which has to be done while CDP burns in.
RB9

hi rb9
will allow it the burn in period. am sure it;ll make a difference as with my experience with the rest of my set up. the room is about 700sq ft but open plan living dining etc. so a lot of furniture, paintings...have got tiled floors but in front of the system there is a carpet. walls are concrete. its not a very 'music friendly' room. the speakers are about 6 feet apart and about a 1.5 feet away from the wall from the rear. quite a big distance away from the sides. cant really do anything to my room set up.

i've listened to the hk3480 on my system and i truly loved the bass (really tight and forward), brilliant sound separation. but the highs were really harsh and overall wasnt musical AT ALL. so i think it is pretty much the amp that i need to change to suit my personal preference. what im looking for that i dont get in the nad is a more forward presentation, tighter bass, better sound separation. what i like about the nad is its full mids, slightly rolled off highs and overall being very musical. what im describing i think is very typical of the nad

Last edited:
rb9
sorry to keep coming back to you with the same questions but hopefully this will be the last time:).

previously when we discussed various amps, we never compared it with any others that so i still dont really know where each amp stands. can you help me in comparing the xindak 6950 / bada purer 3.3 / jungson ja88d to the nad. im attaching an excel chart which is self explanatory (i hope). i know this isnt really the best way to choose an amp but a) i've got no other option and b) the 3 that im considering are good amps in their own right and will be better than what i currently have

thanks boss

Last edited:
rb9
sorry to keep coming back to you with the same questions but hopefully this will be the last time:).

previously when we discussed various amps, we never compared it with any others that so i still dont really know where each amp stands. can you help me in comparing the xindak 6950 / bada purer 3.3 / jungson ja88d to the nad. im attaching an excel chart which is self explanatory (i hope). i know this isnt really the best way to choose an amp but a) i've got no other option and b) the 3 that im considering are good amps in their own right and will be better than what i currently have

thanks boss
Hi Afj, not a probe dear ! I have no experience with bada 3.3 so i hv mentioned na ! IMO JA88D is clear winner in the performance area ! Pls find the enclosed file for your ref........
RB9

Attachments

• Copy of amp selection.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 10
thanks rb9, your info has been very helpful

do you know a dealer in china where i can buy from

Hi Afj, sorry i don't know any dealer but you can always check on net !
RB9

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back