Hi...

Man U got a great set up...Wat I was feeling lukin at those pics was go to place and start living there!!!;)

... as per soundsgreat's request ( :p ) I've put some pictures of my little stereo set-up here. Comments of any kind are appreciated...
Details about the equipment are not mentioned here but just ask ;)

That's the present amp and CDP
01theampanditssourcenh0.jpg

From the rear
02theampanditssourcebacvf3.jpg

With speakers
03complete1gn8.jpg

A similar set-up with a different CDP one month ago
nurockkombi1cp6.jpg

Approx. three month ago when I listened with bookshelf speaker (obviously I had fun :D )
04okki2rw2.jpg

My small set-up -> second choice when I like to listen to non-metal music ;)
05klipschrb81anchinawarvp3.jpg

The Klipsch-Bookshelf Speaker
klipschrb81111vd8.jpg

That's is IMHO a great one, very dynamic, a lot bass coming from that little chassis... just perfect... but finally a matter of taste, of course.

That's it. One word to the room: The walls and the ceiling are covered by 4-5mm thick cotton. There are no reflections (high and mid-high frequencies). Every hand-clap dies, no echoes at all. At least for the metal stuff a good set-up :D
thanks for your message though i am in the place where such a matter is not so important. this kind of stuff i have come across the magazine only. your system stand example how should we hear the hifi dedicatedly. i am proud in india too this kind of systems have started come down to the market atleast in the seconds market from singapore buy back market. which is affordable too. provided the vendor is genuine to us. i am sure here there are some worth vendors too. for example mr sasikumar at richie street. cheenai. from him i have receive some wonder ful unfiddled equipment at the cheeapest rates. it will take some years to us to reach your standard of hearing ok once again thanks. here the people slowly steadily started understanding the quality interconnects and wires too thanks

Hi NAVARAJAN and previous posters :)

have been for a longer time absence (job wise) and thus not monitoring this (my :D) thread... But thanks!

No clue about equipment possibilities in India but can imaging what you've posted... Certainly there is an easier access here in this sphare I am living, however, all my stuff i.e. I've purchased via the iNet. Partly from international sellers. Auditing equipment, in particular speaker, has sense and is important but when it comes to amplifiers and digital sources... well, I have made my own experiences and would not put that much weight on it. Blind tests proofed it... ;)

here the people slowly steadily started understanding the quality interconnects and wires too thanks
... better not :D as this section is containing the highest Vodoo factor... (well, we've had this matter already... and I won't repeat my preferences: speaker... room... a stable amp...nothing...nothing... the source...again long time nothing ... absolut nothing and finally...interconnects). Hoping that sounds not too much arrogant but that's just my tiny little opinion.

Off-topic:

Shocked about the Bombay threads :eek: What the fu*# was going on there... anyone here (hopefully not) affected?

Having two tankers calling Chennai by mid of December.... passing Gulf of (piracy) Aden... crazy times...

Hi NAVARAJAN and previous posters :)

have been for a longer time absence (job wise) and thus not monitoring this (my :D) thread... But thanks!

No clue about equipment possibilities in India but can imaging what you've posted... Certainly there is an easier access here in this sphare I am living, however, all my stuff i.e. I've purchased via the iNet. Partly from international sellers. Auditing equipment, in particular speaker, has sense and is important but when it comes to amplifiers and digital sources... well, I have made my own experiences and would not put that much weight on it. Blind tests proofed it... ;)

... better not :D as this section is containing the highest Vodoo factor... (well, we've had this matter already... and I won't repeat my preferences: speaker... room... a stable amp...nothing...nothing... the source...again long time nothing ... absolut nothing and finally...interconnects). Hoping that sounds not too much arrogant but that's just my tiny little opinion.

Off-topic:

Shocked about the Bombay threads :eek: What the fu*# was going on there... anyone here (hopefully not) affected?

Having two tankers calling Chennai by mid of December.... passing Gulf of (piracy) Aden... crazy times...
thanks for yr reply. we are very sorry for our country bec most of our people are friendly and believe in democracy. they love each other irrelevant of their anything but politicians dont believe in democracy they live for themself and their family that s the reason otherr wise no body can prevent india from anything thanks for thinking of our country people. we salute all who stand behind us even in critical period.

Hi Folks,

nothing new in the equipment but I've found the final speaker position.

nuveros1bz1.jpg

nuvero2ic9.jpg

Every little cm counts... I've never ever had a speaker that close to the rear wall, but it sounds best. The bass is coming that dry and on the point that direct, great.

Soundstages are still very good, I would say having a monitor reproducing here (which unfortunately excludes more and more CDs from my "tower-of-most-wanted").

Yep, I believe I can stop searching in equipment and just concentrating in music (-> is the best!). Hurray :)

edit ->
img0322hz3.jpg

That's happy me as of the (imho) good sound two weeks ago when a friend visited my cellar...

Last edited:
Dedicated HT room - every hobbyist's dream. Excellent setup.

I don't see you using any power management equipment. OR did I miss in your posts.

Congrats.

Hi abhijit15 and marsilians,

many thanks for your nice words :)

@marsilians: I am not using so called power management equipment. The power section of the Korsun -> two power packs (1 per channel) and 12 high capacity elkos (6 per channel) <- is good enough puffering possible irregularities we might have in power supply (beside of "peaks" in low frequencies or very high sound levels, which requiring a lot power ad hoc).

There are some brands propagating power management... well. If your network is weak or unstable, PSUs are certainly of help. In the area I am living it does not matter. It is more or less Voodoo...

Hi folks,

... a bit of time has passed since I've been here last... by the way, former nuRoXX is now SirLennart...: "Did I forget all the log-in details?" -> ... mmmhhh, no comment... :eek:

Egal..., meanwhile I've disposed all the heavy stuff (see above) -> the amp, the floor speakers, the heavy duty CD-player... BUT the rack! ...still existing :thumbsup:

Presently the set-up looks as follows (click a pic for a full view):

The set-up consists of two A8X from Adam [two ways, active] feeded by an AudioLab 8200CDQ [CDP, pre-amp and converter]

Keeping ya updated ;)

This sudden drastic change in .... gear! You possessed 'real heavy' stuff in the yesteryears ... then, how come? You making it sound that actives 'sound' better to the passives?! Well, I too have been hearing so from people who have made this switch.

Hi folks,

Egal..., meanwhile I've disposed all the heavy stuff (see above) -> the amp, the floor speakers, the heavy duty CD-player... BUT the rack! ...still existing :thumbsup:

Presently the set-up looks as follows (click a pic for a full view):

The set-up consists of two A8X from Adam [two ways, active] feeded by an AudioLab 8200CDQ [CDP, pre-amp and converter]

Keeping ya updated ;)

Great to see the revised setup. Less is More!! :thumbsup:

Hi and thanks your last :)

.. to answer avidyarthy, yes, I'm of the opinion active speaker set-ups are doing better. However, the Adam 8AX is only a test balloon and soon will be replaced with some providing more amp power and a bit more of neutrality in the reproduction, ie the K&H 310. But at this stage I'm fine. The Audiolab 8200CDQ is a real great device providing a very precise pre-amp control (both analog and digital), a good CD drive and a lot filter settings.

Coming back to active speakers, I'm talking here only about those called near-or midfield speaker, used for music productions ie in a studio, what I prefer.

Cheers folks and keep the music playing...

Hi folks,

...this pic shows the set-up my wife presently is enjoying. An active speaker as well, the Mackie MR8MK2, feeded by a Marantz SA7001 KI and controlled via the SPL Volume 2. Please ignore the old and ugly TV ;) And of course the positioning of the speakers is considered sub-optimal but wtf, female and their preferences... :D

mackie marantz and spl.jpg

The SA7001 KI is not produced anymore but is a very solid and fine tuned CDP I consider reference in the corresponding price range. The SPL Vol 2 is a pure analogue volume control. Yep, in my eyes or ears a nice set-up in addition to the Adam-Audiolab config.

BWT, I'm from 25th 'til 29th March in Mumbai should any reader here like an info exchange regards the above set-ups or in general :)

Hello Folks,
a little update -> The A77X, a 2,5 way speaker (one of the 7" woofers reproduce the midrange and is cutting off frequencies below 400Hz) has replaced the A8X. Not a huge step but it comes much closer to where I'm heading to. And the A77X can louder :clapping: rogue level while sounding extremly clean and controlled. The good thing all the shelfs are unused, no room adaptation required. The A77X fits perfectly the room. Just the stands, the HT is not exactly at ear level...

Cheers and keep music playing :)

Music is the best but pure ****ing metal!

Hello all,

after a while I like to show you my current setup. Some changes, ie new speakers (Genelec 8050B) and a new room. The room is ~ 34 square meters of which one wall is completely covered with a 0,75m thick mineral wool (hidden by a curtain). In addition some cornerblocks, side and front absorbers were placed, all in all works fine for me :)
Cheers Folks and enjoy Music!

Attachments

• genelecs.jpg
    genelecs.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 119
  • side absorber.jpg
    side absorber.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 120
Perhaps I should say something why I did change from all the heavy duty stuff to such a pracmatical system. Pros and cons regards activ speakers vs passiv speakers have been discussed here at all and in detail somewhere else. The advantage of an active speaker I see (and hear) -> for my application - pure stereo <- is simply the harmony respectively the coalition of drivers and amps. In general it fits perfectly, whether studio monitors or FS giants like B&M, Silversand etc.
Concentrating on (near-field-) monitors I am using, it is amazing what sound levels can be archived, in conjunction with linear frequency responses. Well, all depends of course of the room acoustic.
The monitors are helping you here ie by build in wave guides, filters etc. As well as the classical "near-field-listening-position", which eleminates usually first refelections. And so on...
I only can recommend such, after 3 decades listening to Music! and not to equipment!

Speaker.......... nothing..........room......................................................................nothing........source.......nothing! :D

Oh, I MUST give ya an update... so much happened. Not the gear but the room. Please be patient... pics following soon...where is my dammed canon...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back