High quality cables at a very reasonable price

Galileo, Newton, and many others began<snip>Have you ever heard a decent audio system?<snip>But if you are on this forum I suggest you build your own unique experiences

The apparent establishment of validity by claiming association something totally unconnected, the sneer and the contempt to establishm the ultimate superiority and finally the you don't belong here if you don't agree with me

Well played

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

ciao
gr

The apparent establishment of validity by claiming association something totally unconnected, the sneer and the contempt to establishm the ultimate superiority and finally the you don't belong here if you don't agree with me

Well played

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

ciao
gr

And we will give you the award for "best act at reading what they want to read so they can have something to say".

Somehow you seemed to miss that all was asked was go listen to something if to discuss how it sounds. Well played as well....:clapping:

Edit:
Also wanted to add in, since this also escaped you attention, that the reference to Newton, etc was not random or disconnected, it was a result of Hari saying he needed objective evidence.

My point was that where we can't yet measure science begins with observation and then working to establish science through figuring out ways to measure.

You did note that I said objective evidence does not exist? (missed that as well, I imagine?)

This is because our measureing equipment is limited and infact destroys the information needed for this level of analysis using cheap wires to extract the "data" and the measureing equipment we currently use is not sensitive enough and not measuring the right stuff (remember Heisenberg and an extension of his principles). There is a lot more going on than resistence and volts and whatever other simplistic stuff we currently measure.

So if this thread is simply an exhange of currently known equations and measurements and you wont bother to lseek out and isten to any good audio equipment then.... you already have your answers.

No beliefs can be changed, its like religion. No matter how hard you try eitherways. Infact you should not try to change beliefs either unless you are a "Saint"....

Hari, if you haven't sought out and listened to good caliber audio equipment than I think this certainly applies for you.....

Last edited by a moderator:
No beliefs can be changed, its like religion. No matter how hard you try eitherways. Infact you should not try to change beliefs either unless you are a "Saint".

History channel now-a-days has a program running on how the brain get deceived very easily by failing to observe very obvious things. There are many articles and videos in youtube posted and researched by Neurologist. May be this could be of some help in getting close to what is said there. Period.

There is nothing right or wrong if you are able to or not able to hear some difference and if its so then we all are normal humans. If you are able to make the difference then you are definitely right. If i am not able to make the difference then may be i too am right. Its a matter of perceptions and belief. On objects that are very difficult to judge based on perceptions and belief is very easy to convince and sell (e.g. cables and accessories) than those objects which cannot (speakers & amplifiers).

Last edited:
No beliefs can be changed, its like religion. No matter how hard you try eitherways. Infact you should not try to change beliefs either unless you are a "Saint".
Of course one can change one's "belief". All it needs is an open mind and the willingness to accept that what one believes MAY not be right IF experienced or proven otherwise. Given that one experiences something that one originally didn't believe in - that new experience would/should then become one's new "belief".
If despite that, one does not believe, then, that incorrectly held belief is called "delusion" [from wikipedia: belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary]
And "religion" and "saints" do not come into this at all.

Last edited:
Hari, if you haven't sought out and listened to good caliber audio equipment than I think this certainly applies for you.....

And what according to you is good "quality"/"caliber" equipment? Examples of each in a chain - source, pre, power or integrated and speakers would be appreciated.

What properties of equipment make them "good"? And, none of the immeasurable/undiscovered qualities/properties that you allude to in your posts please.

And what according to you is good "quality"/"caliber" equipment? Examples of each in a chain - source, pre, power or integrated and speakers would be appreciated.

What properties of equipment make them "good"? And, none of the immeasurable/undiscovered qualities/properties that you allude to in your posts please.

Certainly... though you can't seem to ask without some prejudice laced in your question.

No shortage on the affordable speakers side, PSB, pioneer speakers designed by Andrew Jones, Audio engine powered speakers, wharfedale, B&W. havent even scratched the surface.

For electronics Cambridge audio, NAD, Creek, Arcam, Rotel few examples of entry level high-end integrated amps.

For cables Kimber any, with the 4tc and 8tc in particular, audioquest any. And for the love of god, pls dont buy any cables out of china, hong kong, or anywhere in the east. They are all fake.

My best advice, and what I do, is roll your own cables, if you can. Furutech, Kimber, audioquest cables are available in bulk on the site High End audio, Video & speaker cables from The Cable company. Some of the bulk cables are very good and affordable. Use wonder solder, which you can also get on this site. You can get rcas from Kimber, cardas, audioquest. Again, dont buy anything from hong kong or the east, all fake.

For entry level DACs, audioquest, meridian, rotel, Cambridge audio, Audiolab for a few entry level examples.

Any combination of these suggestions (and Ive left many out great companies) will result in a system where you can start to hear wiring differences.

Last year a friend assembled a low cost system after asking for advice (Cambridge audio dac magic, Cambridge audio integrated amp, sound design speakers (no longer available, sigh). He was using some lamp cord for speaker cables. I brought over some Kimber 8tc speaker wires when I went to hear it the first time. After listening for some time, getting really used to the sound, we switched the speaker cables to the kimbers. He nearly fell off his chair when we repeated the last song we played. He still has those cables and wont give them back.

Guys, I dont know what to tell you. If you arent listening to good caliber equipment you have no idea what you are discussing here. Theres no magic on finding better equipment. Publications like absolute sound, stereophile, hifi vision, many websites review plenty of good affordable gear and high priced gear.

But if your discourse here remains limited to well this equation over here says this and what I read that some else thinks they know over there you really have no idea what you are missing.

And yes, equations and science is not there only because we don't have the right tools / technology to measure it yet for the masses.
I am not an electronics techie so I can't list for you "these 7 things makes a good amp...", I trust my ears after listening to a lot of music (live and reproduced).
A lot of good engineers do know a lot who work for these companies that build high-end equipment.
Read about some of Nelson Pass's work as one example of an engineer who has a long history of building great sounding amps and has many amp designs.
I mentioned Andrew Jones who has a long history of building speakers with companies like KEF, etc...

And for the dense who will cut up what I have typed above with their smartass responses.

I AM ONLY ASKING YOU TO GO LISTEN TO GOOD CALIBER AUDIO SYSTEMS.

After youve done that, you can make up your own mind.

Last edited:
Mogami, Oyaide, Acoustic Revive, Furutech, Acrolink. All from the far East. All very good. Have heard them in my system and that of others. Not fakes either.

PS: totally agree with you that cables make difference. But if someone doesn't believe so, it's perfectly alright with me.

Last edited:
You also have Screw available locally . Very good and relatively inexpensive. ;)

Should be less than $50/- for 5 meters ! I got mine without termination for $ 4.2 /- ! :)

Last edited:
I was non believer till the time I changed my interconnect cables. Same happened for speaker cable too. It's okay for me too if somebody doesn't believe in it.
I also learnt from books that cable it Simple LCR. but somewhere its said - its integration of infinite N elements in series where each has LiCiRi where i=1 to N. So effective end-end measurements and simulations with sine wave and pink/white noise cannot reveal what we hear.

See that's the thing - to respect and accept what others believe in and in what they don't. What gets to me is resorting to insults to impose a POV on others. Totally unnecessary.

Not to cast aspersions on anyone, but we must accept that our hearing acuities vary wildly. Some are very sensitive to tonal changes, some to distortions, and most to SPL. And then comes the question of how well trained we are as critical listeners.

Mogami, Oyaide, Acoustic Revive, Furutech, Acrolink. All from the far East. All very good. Have heard them in my system and that of others. Not fakes either.

PS: totally agree with you that cables make difference. But if someone doesn't believe so, it's perfectly alright with me.

I use quite a bit of furutech cable in my system (speakers, interconnect, power cables). Japanese company, their process for making cables is great. Bought their cables in bulk by the meter and bought connectors and did the DIY thing.

My point was meant to be to not buy kimber, audio quest, etc (name brand cables) from a reseller in china. I bought some connectors and very quickly could determine they were fake when I used them in my system.

Later, I recall someone who posted that cables were all the same because he bought kimber cables from hong kong for 1/3 the price of new and it sounded no different than other cables. He was quite proud of himself for the great deal he got and had validated his own preconceptions that cables don't make a difference. He didn't realize he had knock offs.

I actually understood your post but wanted to bring your kind attention to the very broad stroke with which you had painted 'east'.

Of course one can change one's "belief". All it needs is an open mind and the willingness to accept that what one believes MAY not be right IF experienced or proven otherwise. Given that one experiences something that one originally didn't believe in - that new experience would/should then become one's new "belief".
If despite that, one does not believe, then, that incorrectly held belief is called "delusion" [from wikipedia: belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary]
And "religion" and "saints" do not come into this at all.
Comment applies to you too.

Doesn't matter either as I have better things to do rather than keep worrying and wondering if my Monroe's spend on the new cable really gave me the improvement I was looking for. As I don't "believe" too them more I will be ready not to accept it too.

LEDR Test results Online LEDR? Sound Test | Listening Environment Diagnostic Recording Test shown with graphical representation. Please do not forget the results shown here are just applicable on my own ear and system.

Image1.(Listening Position)
LEDR%20Listening%20Position_zpsqlt9nyja.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Image2. (Up left and Right test)
LEDR%20UP%20LampR%20Test_zpsb2dsuwug.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Image3.(Over test)
LEDR%20Over%20Test_zpsnlitzb6q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Image4.(Lateral test)
LEDR%20Lateral%20Test_zpsjhut1mxx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Image5.(Behind test)
LEDR%20Behind%20Test_zpsta2s44ny.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P.S. My headphone system worked perfectly as per original intention or description given on the webpage link- http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_ledr.php

Last edited:
totally agree with you that cables make difference. But if someone doesn't believe so, it's perfectly alright with me.

Where does the belief originate from? Should it be from personal experience or from reading about it? ;):D

we must accept that our hearing acuities vary wildly. Some are very sensitive to tonal changes, some to distortions and most to SPL. And then comes the question of how well trained we are as critical listeners.

Well said. Fully agree.

siltechs with wbt connectors vs some russian made cables made quite a difference to my ears. not sure whether it was the connectors or the cable which made the difference.

similarly, siltech + wbt vs mogami 3103 bare had its differences too, with mogami, i felt the bass got heavier. overall i felt the siltech+wbt combination was too good. system felt relaxed and music had a better/tigher flow to it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back