High Quality Subwoofer Suggestion for my HT setup. Urgent Help!

Yes, And also it doesn't have to be eARC to support Dlby Atmos. Dolby Atmos is supported in ARC as well but using ARC we will never get Loseless Dolby Audio (We will get only Dolby Digital Plus as shown in my prev Pioneer VSX 930K that model doesn't have eARC). Thats why eARC have been introduced which has the ability to carry loseless audio.
If you are really interested in watching lossless audio and get the best of it e-arc is not the way. Either Blu-ray disk or a good device like shield

If you are really interested in watching lossless audio and get the best of it e-arc is not the way. Either Blu-ray disk or a good device like shield

Yes, Not most of the AVRs support advanced Displays like 4K 120Hz or HDMI 2.1 features but they do support all latest audio codecs and formats. So For those They can connect their device directly to TV to get the best possible Video and in return get the out put of TV HDMI eARC to eARC enabled AVRs.
In my Case I plug in my Xbox One X to C9 which have VRR, HGIG, G Sync enabled for Gaming and send the output to my AVR via eARC.

Anyway, I need opinion on SVS PC12 Plus which I am getting a deal.
Please let me know what you guyz think of that model. Its a Cylindrical shape which will be useful in reducing the space.

Yes, OWM3 are a decent ones for Atmos and Surrounds, Please don't spend much on surrounds TBH. For 30K I got 2 Pairs fro PROFX.

CSI A6, I am getting new one for 27K again from ProFx.

Now, Can you elaborate on BIC PL200 II please. I heard a bit about that sub and will it satisfy my room even if i put dual.

I have a 18*10 room and I am keeping the sub volume below 50% and the entire room is filled with sound. I can feel the base is a nice scene with LFE effects. It's not boomy and I am preety much satisfied. There is also a BIC america group on hifivision. If you any doubts you can ask there.

Can you share the reference, I also want to buy Csi a6. Profx website shows it for 34K

The suggestion is Good Bro. But the thing is here in Bangalore... Apart from the usual Polk Audios... I am not seeing any.. Rythmik FV15HP or XTZ 12 edge or HSU Subwoofers.

SVS being more famous ones in India, The dealers also pushing for those in premium category.:D

Rythmik dealer is Avenue sound based in Mumbai. But pls check if the price is inclusive of gst & logistics.

Pls see if PSA 15 inch sub is available as they are also supposed to be good although I have not heard them. I have the earlier SVS PC 2000 & it does a great job in our 14ft length X 11 feet width & height with a lot more headroom . But your room is quite big. I think there dealers for PSA & XTZ but in Chennai. Hope other FM's can help you here.

I have a 18*10 room and I am keeping the sub volume below 50% and the entire room is filled with sound. I can feel the base is a nice scene with LFE effects. It's not boomy and I am preety much satisfied. There is also a BIC america group on hifivision. If you any doubts you can ask there.

Can you share the reference, I also want to buy Csi a6. Profx website shows it for 34K

Pro FX Bangalore. I will PM you his number, Not sure about the shipping thing how will that work out.

Rythmik dealer is Avenue sound based in Mumbai. But pls check if the price is inclusive of gst & logistics.

Pls see if PSA 15 inch sub is available as they are also supposed to be good although I have not heard them. I have the earlier SVS PC 2000 & it does a great job in our 14ft length X 11 feet width & height with a lot more headroom . But your room is quite big. I think there dealers for PSA & XTZ but in Chennai. Hope other FM's can help you here.

Got the Rythmik dealer number in Bangalore, Going for a demo tomm or day after tomm.
Any idea about SVS PC12 Plus (800 Watt) ?

Bro, You still didn't get. See That will show Dolby Atmos.... But Dolby Atmos has two variants, One is Loseless and the other is Lossy.
Dolby Atmos -- Dolby Digital is Lossy Format which you get through All Streaming Medias.
Dolby Atmos -- Dolby True HD is the Loseless Format which you will get only via Bluray Player or Xbox One X when playing true Dolby Atmos Enabled 4K/Bluray Movies.

Someone Please correct me If I am wrong. To get a Dolby Atmos loseless content is not possible through any media services that we get in India.
Yes you are correct...Though I'm not a streaming guy... But the fact is most of Streaming services worldwide have Atmos via DD or DD+.

Got the Rythmik dealer number in Bangalore, Going for a demo tomm or day after tomm.
Good decision!!!
Since ur room is bigger ,go for better and bigger sub now and later on when budget permits add a second sub ,probably the similar model. This will enable the smoother bass accross your room. You can also check out Home Cinema - Bangalore ( Mr.Rajesh - +919900020149 ) for SVS subs demo.
Also check with HT store .

Great. Pls demo the Rythmik since this model is a well respected subwoofer for movies & music according to the reviews. I have no idea of the SVS PC12 plus since it may be a discontinued model. You can shoot off an email to SVS customer service about it & they will answer you soon.

Wonderful and helpful suggestions Ranjith & Nitin.
And yeah going for demo and check what this fuss all about Rythmik. Too good to miss a sub like this when its available for demo.

And Thanks for Home Cinema Rajesh contact, Will check with him tomm as well.

Also, Tell me one thing... Anybody with Dual Subs not from same brand here.... I understand why ppl say go for same model subs if opting for dual but still.... Nobody tried two different subs with different Watts/Frequency response and synced/tuned them?

You have to enable e-arc in pass through settings. I just checked a dolby atmos show on Netflix using the tv app and i get atmos output
Can you pls replicate this and take a screen shot of the "Input" signal details on your AVR app and share the same here?

Wonderful and helpful suggestions Ranjith & Nitin.
And yeah going for demo and check what this fuss all about Rythmik. Too good to miss a sub like this when its available for demo.

And Thanks for Home Cinema Rajesh contact, Will check with him tomm as well.

Also, Tell me one thing... Anybody with Dual Subs not from same brand here.... I understand why ppl say go for same model subs if opting for dual but still.... Nobody tried two different subs with different Watts/Frequency response and synced/tuned them?
2 different subs can be done manually too ,unless u must know what u r doing.[ For multiple subs ,U may need gain match,level match ,time alignment and phase match .( It's a complicated process for different model ,unless u have a external device like minidsp) ].
So it's always better to have 2 similar subs.It will also help the Audyssey XT32 dual sub eq to perform better.

Most welcome Gamerps360. There may be few people with different dual subs but may be difficult to calibrate both well especially if the driver/cabinet size is different, different features & matching phase. The manufacturers recommend similar subs in dual setups .Even if they are of the same brand either a pair of ported or pair of sealed ones. Maybe a single Rythmik may work in your case.

Last edited:
Buddies, Now What I am going to say will be probably very important to many of you who are trying to upgrade Subwoofers.

Trust me, Today I returned from the Demos of XTZ 12.17 and PB 2000 and Rythmik L12R (The Guy didn't have Ported LVX12) and Ohh Boy!! What a Bassy Day it was... :D

Thinking I am one of the rare people who got the demos for the above three. XTZ/SVS on a proper Audi Room and Rythmik on a normal concrete flat floor like most of us.
And TBH, Movies were really good across All three with a bit advantage given to SVS maybe due to Ported and full loud bass. (One Port of XTZ was Closed for better mid Bass). XTZ and Rythmik performed equally good and almost close to SVS.
But..but... When it came to Music... All I needed was 1.15 sec of Drake (Ki Ki, Do you Love me) to identify the best for Music. The order was XTZ 12.17 > Rythmik LV12R >> PB 2000.

Again this made my decision much worse which i initially thought after the demo my decision would be clear..... But you know. :(

Now final set of my Queries are :-

1. I did't hear SVS PB 2000 Pro, The model that replaced 2000 with 50 Watt additional output and a new Amp Driver from Ground up. Should I wait for SVS PB 2000 Pro stock to be back to check the demo ?

2. XTZ 12.17 was coming around 96K and Rythmik LVX12 coming for 1L and PB 2000 around in Mid 90s. And there is a deal of rarely used PB 2000 Dual subs for around 1.5L (With Warranty of 4.5 years remaining, He rarely used for 5 months). So which is a better deal Money wise to performance wise fo 70:30 or 60:40 Movies:Music ?

3. The big badluck from Rythmik was the dealer didn't have the model I wanted LVX12 for the demo but the entry variant itself on a non acoustic treated room was decent enough. Not that impressed as I was with PB 2000 and XTZ where the demo was a properly dedicated Home Theater setup. Will that LVX/FVX 12 perform better than XTZ and PB 2000 ? And is the PB 2000 Pro better than all these ?

4. Rythmic goes lowest 14Hz to 200 Hz, but have the lowest power output of only 400W, XTZ goes up to 19Hz to 200 Hz but is a 700W powerhouse.
And PB 2000 probably sits best among them with 17Hz to 260Hz with 500W power. Does these statistics mean I will get a very good bass on lower volumes if the Output is More ??? Also for 26.2 X 11.2 Room with 3 outlets, How much power is sufficient for a single subwoofer. ?

5. I am planning to go Dual definitely at some point of time if the dual PB 2000 deal misses. In that case which one to get now ? As I understand most of you are against 2 different brand duals due to all the hassles of matching the frequency.

6. My opinion is of 2 choices as of now, Its very stupid TBH.
a) Buy the PB 2000 Duals from the deal at 1.5L
b) Buy either a Rythmik lvx 12 or XTZ 12.17 now and later add the other one. Please Note not the same subs for dual. :p I want to get best of both worlds.
c) Wait for PB 2000 Pro and get that at the best possible price from the dealer.

So, Kindly answer from points 1 to 5 according to your best knowledge, guidance and experience.
And let me know your opinions on Point 6 a) or b) or c)

:)

I wd personally pick the Rythmik LVX12 as its superior to both the other subs u mentioned. U can go through the many owner reviews of the same on avsforums. Although its just 400watts on paper but has a very efficient driver and hard to localise. Speak to Avenue sound, Mumbai. He will give u a better price.

Got olx deal for SVS PC12 Plus, Very good sub but its a used ones (2.5 yrs) without warranty for 62K?
If you are really interested in this sub, go for it. Once you buy it, write to SVS with serial number and they will confirm remanining warranty on the sub (I guess they consider 5yr from date of manufacture).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back