High Quality Subwoofer Suggestion for my HT setup. Urgent Help!

If you are really interested in watching lossless audio and get the best of it e-arc is not the way. Either Blu-ray disk or a good device like shield
This is the "current situation" because of lack of support to full atmos streaming by the TV apps, bound to change in the near future I guess.

Got what ur heart says .. flip a coin and u shall get the answer . Not all tactile responses can be measured with watts . It is measured with how efficient the driver delivers bass waves for the same signal. Think how sub performs in an open area . It shall be 3 times better in a treated room .. and this gives you answer

Did you check the dual svs on sale in the classified section? Ported subs will not match the tightness of a sealed sub. A sealed sub will not provide the drama and extension of a ported.

MaSh

Try to hear the Rythmik LVX 12 & PB 2000 Pro which also has port tuning which the earlier PB 2000 does not have. Since you liked the XTZ 12 edge overall, you can buy one if none of the above works & add one later. Tastes are subjective, go with what you like.

Buddies, Now What I am going to say will be probably very important to many of you who are trying to upgrade Subwoofers.

Trust me, Today I returned from the Demos of XTZ 12.17 and PB 2000 and Rythmik L12R (The Guy didn't have Ported LVX12) and Ohh Boy!! What a Bassy Day it was... :D

Thinking I am one of the rare people who got the demos for the above three. XTZ/SVS on a proper Audi Room and Rythmik on a normal concrete flat floor like most of us.
And TBH, Movies were really good across All three with a bit advantage given to SVS maybe due to Ported and full loud bass. (One Port of XTZ was Closed for better mid Bass). XTZ and Rythmik performed equally good and almost close to SVS.
But..but... When it came to Music... All I needed was 1.15 sec of Drake (Ki Ki, Do you Love me) to identify the best for Music. The order was XTZ 12.17 > Rythmik LV12R >> PB 2000.

Again this made my decision much worse which i initially thought after the demo my decision would be clear..... But you know. :(

Now final set of my Queries are :-

1. I did't hear SVS PB 2000 Pro, The model that replaced 2000 with 50 Watt additional output and a new Amp Driver from Ground up. Should I wait for SVS PB 2000 Pro stock to be back to check the demo ?

2. XTZ 12.17 was coming around 96K and Rythmik LVX12 coming for 1L and PB 2000 around in Mid 90s. And there is a deal of rarely used PB 2000 Dual subs for around 1.5L (With Warranty of 4.5 years remaining, He rarely used for 5 months). So which is a better deal Money wise to performance wise fo 70:30 or 60:40 Movies:Music ?

3. The big badluck from Rythmik was the dealer didn't have the model I wanted LVX12 for the demo but the entry variant itself on a non acoustic treated room was decent enough. Not that impressed as I was with PB 2000 and XTZ where the demo was a properly dedicated Home Theater setup. Will that LVX/FVX 12 perform better than XTZ and PB 2000 ? And is the PB 2000 Pro better than all these ?

4. Rythmic goes lowest 14Hz to 200 Hz, but have the lowest power output of only 400W, XTZ goes up to 19Hz to 200 Hz but is a 700W powerhouse.
And PB 2000 probably sits best among them with 17Hz to 260Hz with 500W power. Does these statistics mean I will get a very good bass on lower volumes if the Output is More ??? Also for 26.2 X 11.2 Room with 3 outlets, How much power is sufficient for a single subwoofer. ?

5. I am planning to go Dual definitely at some point of time if the dual PB 2000 deal misses. In that case which one to get now ? As I understand most of you are against 2 different brand duals due to all the hassles of matching the frequency.

6. My opinion is of 2 choices as of now, Its very stupid TBH.
a) Buy the PB 2000 Duals from the deal at 1.5L
b) Buy either a Rythmik lvx 12 or XTZ 12.17 now and later add the other one. Please Note not the same subs for dual. :p I want to get best of both worlds.
c) Wait for PB 2000 Pro and get that at the best possible price from the dealer.

So, Kindly answer from points 1 to 5 according to your best knowledge, guidance and experience.
And let me know your opinions on Point 6 a) or b) or c)

:)
Trust me you are not going to get the same bass in your room. Try to audition the subs in your room. Some dealers may be friendly enough to provide home demo.

Haven't heard the Rythmik, but between xtz 12.17 and PB2000, I preferred SVS from a movies-only viewpoint.
The xtz was more articulate in my limited listening sessions. The svs had a lot more slam and it was "quality" slam.
PB2000 pro imparted a silkier feel to bass notes and has the added advantage of app control, which is quite neat, and can be configured to run in sealed mode. The only caveat here is svs' pricing in our country, which is quite ridiculous.
Opinions can be highly subjective so trust your ears (and chest if you like) and take a call.
Good luck with the hunt!

Dear Guyz.. A little update since past week after all the further readings on the web.

1. Got a PC 12 Plus for a very good deal. (Planning to keep this for a while but the hunt for a good sub is not over yet as Im going Dual!!)
2. Between XTZ 12.17 Edge and a Rythmik LVX/FVX12 (Which is better ?) Room Size 26.3 X 11.4 X 11.2 and for 60:40 || Movies:Music
3. Getting a very good deal on sealed sub SVS SB4000, Shall I jump on the sealed ? Very tempted to get this and then tune both the SVSs accordingly.
4. Is SVS SB4000 a better sub than F15HP or FVH15HP (Rythmik), M getting SB4000 for around 1.3L with 4 years of SVS Warranty.
4. Does Room Corner Bass Traps or the Ceiling Corners Bass traps will help ? Because its a Living Room and cannot afford to convert into Acoustic treated.
5. On the Sound Isolation of subwoofer at the base (Acoustic or Foam or Gym Tile etc.) This can be discussed later once my 2nd sub gets finalized.

Cheers for all the Help so far. :)

Dear Guyz.. A little update since past week after all the further readings on the web.

1. Got a PC 12 Plus for a very good deal. (Planning to keep this for a while but the hunt for a good sub is not over yet as Im going Dual!!)
2. Between XTZ 12.17 Edge and a Rythmik LVX/FVX12 (Which is better ?) Room Size 26.3 X 11.4 X 11.2 and for 60:40 || Movies:Music
3. Getting a very good deal on sealed sub SVS SB4000, Shall I jump on the sealed ? Very tempted to get this and then tune both the SVSs accordingly.
4. Is SVS SB4000 a better sub than F15HP or FVH15HP (Rythmik), M getting SB4000 for around 1.3L with 4 years of SVS Warranty.
4. Does Room Corner Bass Traps or the Ceiling Corners Bass traps will help ? Because its a Living Room and cannot afford to convert into Acoustic treated.
5. On the Sound Isolation of subwoofer at the base (Acoustic or Foam or Gym Tile etc.) This can be discussed later once my 2nd sub gets finalized.

Svs sb4000 at that price is better because of its auto EQ feature.

Yeah corner bass trap will help for sure..
However before doing that equalise the sub and check the room response to analyse the need for bass traps.

Rythmik fv15hp definitely superior to the sealed sb4k,but 1.3L is a very gud price and more vfm.

Thanks for the inputs. So it seems SVS SB4000 is a very Good choice at that price. What I heard is that it will give a very good and deep Mid Bass.
Does any one of you Own ? Can I get some reviews on that sub from any of our Indian buddies.

Rythmik and XTZ both are good for 12" and can get either of them for around 95K to 1L but If I add another 30K I can get SVS SB4000 unless someone really challenge me that XTZ 12.17 Edge or Rythmik LVX12 i better than SVS SB4000.

Thanks for the inputs. So it seems SVS SB4000 is a very Good choice at that price. What I heard is that it will give a very good and deep Mid Bass.
Does any one of you Own ? Can I get some reviews on that sub from any of our Indian buddies.

Rythmik and XTZ both are good for 12" and can get either of them for around 95K to 1L but If I add another 30K I can get SVS SB4000 unless someone really challenge me that XTZ 12.17 Edge or Rythmik LVX12 i better than SVS SB4000.
Sb 4000 should be a better choice compared to the xtz 12.17 edge and the rythmik LVX12. In fact it is not a good comparison both being ported 12 inches and the sb4000 being a sealed 13.5 inch subwoofer. If you have the budget go ahead with the sb 4000. A good sealed subwoofer will be great for movies as well.

Yeah.. My opinion also diving towards SB 4000 bcoz I am already getting a ported Cylinder version 800 Watts PC 12 Plus.

But Among XTZ and Rythmik 12" , Do you guyz think PB 2000 Pro is better or is same as them. PB2000 Pro getting around 95K

SB4000 || PB 2000 Pro || XTZ 12.17 EDGE || RYTHMIK LVX12 (Plz vote for my 2nd Sub)

Cheers :)

Yeah.. My opinion also diving towards SB 4000 bcoz I am already getting a ported Cylinder version 800 Watts PC 12 Plus.

But Among XTZ and Rythmik 12" , Do you guyz think PB 2000 Pro is better or is same as them. PB2000 Pro getting around 95K

SB4000 || PB 2000 Pro || XTZ 12.17 EDGE || RYTHMIK LVX12 (Plz vote for my 2nd Sub)

If you are going duals please go identical.

Go with pb2k pro,it will match ur pc12 plus and easier to fine tune both. Sb4k might struggle in ur huge room although might b more musical than the ported ones.

Ok my dear friends... so below is the latest update and this is where I stand....

Got the PC12 Plus.... Mindblowing sub. Took almost 2 days to properly tune it and after that the performance is very good.
After getting the sweet spot --> Exceptional in movies and decent in Music.

But yeah to get the SPL across many spots where my family sits, now I am 100% sure 1 sub is not sufficient to cover all. No matter how many tweaks i did and playing with Gains and DBs.

So coming to my next sub for dual and more.... below are the points i have made up after extensive research over the last few days along with the price.

1. Rythmik F12 SE for 75K, Piano Gloss Black (Pre Owned but rarely used)
2. XTZ 12.17 Edge Gloss Black, New one for 96K
3. SB-4000 pre-owned for 1.3L

4. Very much optional --> Leave SB4000 and get Rythmik & XTZ from 1 & 2. I know this is too much. :D

You have noticed, I have mentioned Gloss Black because of WAF and also suits the home decor since its a living room and not a dedicated ones.

So, 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 along with my PC12 Plus.

Once I get this answer, I will rest my case and happily build my separate home theater once I move in to my own flat in Bangalore.

Note --> Btw, As you can see I have upgraded to X4500h from X2600h, Luckily PROFX guys have helped me by taking back the prev AVR even after crossing 15 Days of return policy.

Attachments

• IMG-20200806-WA0043.jpeg
    IMG-20200806-WA0043.jpeg
    921.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG-20200806-WA0041_opt.jpg
    IMG-20200806-WA0041_opt.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200808_022022_opt.jpg
    20200808_022022_opt.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200807_003047_opt.jpg
    20200807_003047_opt.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 52
Dear All,

Probably this is my first post after a long time and I'm in need of desperate help now.
Been almost 4 years and now I'm upgrading to the following below.

Everything seems to be pretty easy for me after all the digging over the web over the years except you know ........ The Sub.

Below are my components upgrade.

1. Polk Audio RTi A7 series from TSX 330T series.
2. Polk Audio CSi A6 from TSx 250c
3. 2 Pairs of Polk Audio OWM3s, 2 surround + 2 On Ceiling.
4. AVR DenonnX-2600h from Pioneer vsx 930k. ( This I thought a lot before thinking to buy X3600h for Imax Enhanced and 9.2 but still an outdated for my LG C9! Hence this will be upgraded to in future when AVRs will come with 4K 120Hz hdmi 2.1 for All Ports)

5. Sub-Woofer - A Big ? mark.
a) My Room Size is 26.3 X 11.2 (Bit Huge)
b) I have 2 Subs, Polk Audio Psw 125 and dsw 550. Both are not upto the mark, TBH. Latter ones is bit better than the other as expected but still not satisfied. Already put up in Olx, Selling these 2.
c) Should I go for 1 Powerful Sub or Dual Avg ones. (Avg. means pb 1000 or HSU or Rythmik subs)
d) I'm based in Bangalore, SVS/Rythmic/HSU, Where the demo is possible?
d) Got olx deal for SVS PC12 Plus, Very good sub but its a used ones (2.5 yrs) without warranty for 62K? Is it good deal, Sub is in very good condition though.
e) Another dealer offering me PB 2000 Pro for 95 with 5 yr warranty. Is that Good ?
f) Ported or Encloded ?

Plz suggest. I absolutely don't want to compromise on BASS both in Movies and Music (60:40).
And also this doesn't mean spending 1.5L or 2L on Ultra series and Very High End subs. :eek:
Budget is 70-1L :cool:

Hit me up with your intelligence and Guidance and Suggestions Bros... :)
you should look at something that can go down to 20Hz. I think you just might get something in your budget. My fav pick would be REL. Of course 2 subs would greatly improve overall bass performance, subject to budget.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back