Hindustani Classical Music

I am currently reading an interesting book on Indian classical music. It is very well written and hence makes it easy to read. A book worthy of recommendation.

Lost world of Hindustani music by Kumar Prasad Mukherjee.​

That gentleman was the worthy son of the indian classical music doyen Dhurjoti prosad Mukherjee aka D.P. Mukherjee. He had written some nice books. I have gone through his book written in my vernacular Kudrat Rangibirangi which may be described as a short history of indian classical music. Besides this, he also penned a nice book on cricket.
Regards

I am currently reading an interesting book on Indian classical music. It is very well written and hence makes it easy to read. A book worthy of recommendation.

Lost world of Hindustani music by Kumar Prasad Mukherjee.​

This is a brilliant book indeed. Must read for Hindustani lovers.

Just today I stumbled upon this album by Faiyaz Wasifuddin Dagar.. And boy I was mesmerized by the rendition..

The very first number the alap in राग ललित Was meditative...

Dhrpad renditions are indeed so meditative but this was a real eye opener or real sublime eye shutter for me... His voice is so deeply meditative...

I have listened to The Great Kumar Gandharva and the young Gundecha Brothers.. But this rendition by Faiyaz Wasifuddin Dagar was just great...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back