Hindustani Classical Music

I am currently reading an interesting book on Indian classical music. It is very well written and hence makes it easy to read. A book worthy of recommendation.

Lost world of Hindustani music by Kumar Prasad Mukherjee.​

That gentleman was the worthy son of the indian classical music doyen Dhurjoti prosad Mukherjee aka D.P. Mukherjee. He had written some nice books. I have gone through his book written in my vernacular Kudrat Rangibirangi which may be described as a short history of indian classical music. Besides this, he also penned a nice book on cricket.
Regards

I am currently reading an interesting book on Indian classical music. It is very well written and hence makes it easy to read. A book worthy of recommendation.

Lost world of Hindustani music by Kumar Prasad Mukherjee.​

This is a brilliant book indeed. Must read for Hindustani lovers.

Just today I stumbled upon this album by Faiyaz Wasifuddin Dagar.. And boy I was mesmerized by the rendition..

The very first number the alap in राग ललित Was meditative...

Dhrpad renditions are indeed so meditative but this was a real eye opener or real sublime eye shutter for me... His voice is so deeply meditative...

I have listened to The Great Kumar Gandharva and the young Gundecha Brothers.. But this rendition by Faiyaz Wasifuddin Dagar was just great...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back