Hisense is launching U6G in India with Big Billion days (55", 700-nits, FALD at ₹60k)

Noticed a werid thing on Croma listing. At multiple places the brightness is mentioned as 400nits. Even the TV banners doesnt have the 700nits banner. I am planning to buy another unit. Hopefully there are no differences from the flipkart one.

Yeah, I noticed that but disregarded it as a mistake after looking up Hisense India's site once. And what do you mean by banner? Any sticker on the TV?

Also, the TV's box has a 'Big Billion Day' sticker on it. Wonder what's cooking there.

Yeah, I noticed that but disregarded it as a mistake after looking up Hisense India's site once. And what do you mean by banner? Any sticker on the TV?

Also, the TV's box has a 'Big Billion Day' sticker on it. Wonder what's cooking there.
I meant the pictures on croma listing from hisense. Anyways, I ordered as well lets see. I had earlier ordered from flipkart for 55k with 1 yr warranty, this one I ordered for hometown for 54.5k with 3 yrs warranty..

Hey, so the TV got delivered yesterday. The warranty card in the box says 1 year warranty only while Croma's listing continues to say 3 years. Have the installation scheduled for tomorrow. Will confirm it with them once, as also with Hisense.

As to how to avail warranty, it's onsite.
I had called croma service center and they insisted it's manufacturer warranty. How long you had to wait for installation. Did you have to call hisense cc ? Croma order was weird, didn't even receive invoice etc yet.

U80G FALD 8k resolution 75" QLED is available online for 3.7 lakhs. 8k in that price range for 75" screen is intriguing. However due to lack of content, maybe it is just future proof and is not going to justify it's pricing. It wàs in Tata cliq site if I remember.

U80G FALD 8k resolution 75" QLED is available online for 3.7 lakhs. 8k in that price range for 75" screen is intriguing. However due to lack of content, maybe it is just future proof and is not going to justify it's pricing. It wàs in Tata cliq site if I remember.
Hisense has zero support and service network in India. Also this TV has low local dimming zones and brightness compared to other high-end LCD sets and even their own U8G. 8k is a gimmick.

Picking a 60k Hisense is fine as you can just throw it away when it gets bad. 3.7 lakhs on the other hand I'd have trouble digesting if it goes bad.

Doubt anyone would buy this over 77" OLED sets at similar price.

The same 8k 75" in say Sony Z9j or QN90A Samsung would be pricey like the price of an i20. Ofcourse I am talking in terms of price point only. Reliability means this must be avoided.

I had called croma service center and they insisted it's manufacturer warranty. How long you had to wait for installation. Did you have to call hisense cc ? Croma order was weird, didn't even receive invoice etc yet.

So, the installation guy showed up yesterday. He was from an agency that also does installation and repair work for extended warranty programs offered by resellers like FK and Croma.

He told me the warranty is indeed 3 years but that I'll have to process it via Croma beyond the 1 year mfg warranty. Essentially, this additional 2 year warranty is something Croma has come up with in collab with Hisense, which is also why FK doesn't offer the additional 2 year warranty as they have no such arrangement with Hisense. All this, his words.

Post his visit, got a call from Croma. Asked them if their service guy's explanation was valid. They said they'd have the concerned department call me back. Am yet to hear from them.

As for the invoice, just had that tax invoice in the box and Croma emailed me a soft copy. The installation guy took the tax invoice's photo.

So, the installation guy showed up yesterday. He was from an agency that also does installation and repair work for extended warranty programs offered by resellers like FK and Croma.

He told me the warranty is indeed 3 years but that I'll have to process it via Croma beyond the 1 year mfg warranty. Essentially, this additional 2 year warranty is something Croma has come up with in collab with Hisense, which is also why FK doesn't offer the additional 2 year warranty as they have no such arrangement with Hisense. All this, his words.

Post his visit, got a call from Croma. Asked them if their service guy's explanation was valid. They said they'd have the concerned department call me back. Am yet to hear from them.

As for the invoice, just had that tax invoice in the box and Croma emailed me a soft copy. The installation guy took the tax invoice's photo.
Thanks for clarifying... Anywhere is it mentioned on invoice or within warranty card about 3 year warranty?

Thanks for clarifying... Anywhere is it mentioned on invoice or within warranty card about 3 year warranty?

Only on the product listing in Croma, not on invoice or on warranty card. This is, in effect, 2 year sellers warranty beyond the 1 year mfg warranty.

Does anyone here have experience with Croma in this regard?

The same 8k 75" in say Sony Z9j or QN90A Samsung would be pricey like the price of an i20. Ofcourse I am talking in terms of price point only. Reliability means this must be avoided.
They'd also be 2000+ nits and will have way more dimming zones. They still make sense if you have a lot of money to burn and want a bright TV. 8K will not take off as the benefit over 4k is questionable for TVs and the content won't be there for at least 5-10 years.

The Hisense TV doesn't make sense for anyone. Almost everyone is better off with a 77" OLED. If they want to sell a high-end TV in India, better bring the U7G/U8G 65" for ₹1-1.25 lakhs and 75" for ₹1.5-2 lakhs.

77" OLEDs are also coming down in price. So 3.7 lakhs for this is not worth it if 77" OLEDs are available at the same price. A person with best vision also can't upscale and process more than 4k and so 8k is vestigial, I totally understand that point. I merely posted this in a relevant thread. Whether it is a good buy or not is a continuation of the topic. And having read your points, it makes less sense to buy this TV.

Hey, I'm planning to get 55U6G from croma. Pls guide if Hisense picture quality is better than Sony X80J? Did u get a chance to compare U6G with any of the competition at Croma?

Hey, I'm planning to get 55U6G from croma. Pls guide if Hisense picture quality is better than Sony X80J? Did u get a chance to compare U6G with any of the competition at Croma?

Sorry, wouldn't be able to comment on that as I haven't seen the Sony's PQ. Bought the Hisense via Croma online, not store.

If you can afford X80J, ignore that one and go for the Frame 2020/21.
Lack of dolby vision and local dimming preclude me from preferring The Frame 21 over U6G. Just wanted someone to confirm if ULED full array U6G had a noticeably better picture quality than the triluminous IPS of the X80J.

Lack of dolby vision and local dimming preclude me from preferring The Frame 21 over U6G. Just wanted someone to confirm if ULED full array U6G had a noticeably better picture quality than the triluminous IPS of the X80J.

8.1 vs 5.8 in HDR movies(8.2 vs 5.2 in dark room narrow viewing angle) It should be much better even if the ratings are not that accurate, this is a big enough difference.

Would be really helpful if you'd describe ur experience with the U6G in brief.

Already did that here mate. Even there i responded to this same question of yours.

I think you're looking for some sort of definitive answer to your query. If so, visiting a local Croma store would be the best option, no.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back