Hisense is launching U6G in India with Big Billion days (55", 700-nits, FALD at ₹60k)

Already did that here mate. Even there i responded to this same question of yours.

I think you're looking for some sort of definitive answer to your query. If so, visiting a local Croma store would be the best option, no.
Oh mann! I'm really sorry. I inadvertently overlooked ur name in the earlier response.
I suppose there aren't any users on this forum who have individually compared U6G with the competition at a store. Will do it myself and share my experience here.

Oh mann! I'm really sorry. I inadvertently overlooked ur name in the earlier response.
I suppose there aren't any users on this forum who have individually compared U6G with the competition at a store. Will do it myself and share my experience here.

No worries mate. About your assumption, the U6G is relatively new, no. Hence the lack of authoritative views on how it fares vis-a-vis the competition. All of us here took the chance basis reviews, specs and Hisense's past record.

The only concern is, Do we get the exact same quality of products which the Rtings get into their lab..??

If you read the review, they carry this as a disclaimer themselves. A sort of 'YMMV depending upon your unit's panel'. But the delta in PQ between their results and the products sold in the market is unlikely to be wide enough, unless you've been unlucky enough to have got an absolute lemon of a panel/unit.

Hi,
Can anyone who owns a Hisense U6G check and tell whether they see the Dolby Atmos sign in Netflix or any other apps. I see Dolby vision but it only shows 5.1 instead of Atmos. And I have dolby atmos enabled in settings.

Also does anyone know what the "Wall Mount Setup" toggle in the sound settings does. I was unable to hear a difference with it toggled on.

Hi,
Can anyone who owns a Hisense U6G check and tell whether they see the Dolby Atmos sign in Netflix or any other apps. I see Dolby vision but it only shows 5.1 instead of Atmos. And I have dolby atmos enabled in settings.

Also does anyone know what the "Wall Mount Setup" toggle in the sound settings does. I was unable to hear a difference with it toggled on.
#removed duplicate

Hi,

No Dolby Atmos either. But if you use firestick 4k, or Atmos content using local files, Atmos appears so it's most likely Netflix app issue on the TV.

Hi Hisense U6G owners!

Request you to post a detailed review on your unit,

What do you like about it ?

Has it lived up to the hype?

Do you regret buying this tv?

I have a budget of 60K (cant go above) for living room tv. I think Hisense U6G is the one. Please help me :)

Has anyone gotten this tv? What are the reviews?
Even I'm interested in first hand-reviews. The 65 inch model is available now on FK and Croma website but is not in stores.

I was thinking of buying but FOMO has completely dissed it. Entry-level Sony x80J is better as per this review:

There is also a question mark on reliability.

Even I'm interested in first hand-reviews. The 65 inch model is available now on FK and Croma website but is not in stores.

I was thinking of buying but FOMO has completely dissed it. Entry-level Sony x80J is better as per this review:

There is also a question mark on reliability.
Only valid for 50inch which is VA. Other are IPS panel.

I got the 55" version.

Here is a very short review

1. The FALD is good. Very Good black levels. (i owned a Panny Cx700 before.. so i do believe the blacks are good).
2. PQ wise i would say "OK". If you feed good HQ content then its no issue.
3. Color reproduction is decent. There is lots of clubbing of colors imo. The details are lost.
4. Dont expect much from HDR contents. Again , there isnt much details. You can pump up sharpness , but it induces more distortion imo.
5. Have to fiddle a lot with settings to bring in decent movie level PQ. trust me when i say this ..
6. Sound is OK. I would rate all sounds from TV OK only. how much can they reproduce ?get a sound bar or some 2.1 decent setup if this isnt your primary driver. Since its not for me , i have kept this for my mom.
7. Apps are decent enough imo. They arent fast , neither they are slow. it should be decent enough to get through.
8. There are some edge bleeds .. but not that noticeable.
9. Viewing angle seems to be very narrow.
Again , if you keep fiddling with the settings , you might get a decent amount of PQ out of this, particularly given its decent black levels.

When the TV starts dont be alarmed to see a white washed black screen , once it boots the FALD kicks in.

Is it RTING reviews U6G ? I doubt it. Also remember 55" have less zone , compared to 65" which is 32 zones i guess. I came to know very late only

Is it worth at 60k ? for 55" ? I would say yes. But use it in hall or as secondary, surely not as primary driver , if you are into home theatre setup. If you want a good 55" , then i would way , save some money and get oled or something similar.

If you anyone wants to know anything specific , let me know.

My time with the Unit is very limited. Hardly an day or so in total. Will update more once i get time to watch it. I did calibrate it initially for my mom.

I got the 55" version.

Here is a very short review

1. The FALD is good. Very Good black levels. (i owned a Panny Cx700 before.. so i do believe the blacks are good).
2. PQ wise i would say "OK". If you feed good HQ content then its no issue.
3. Color reproduction is decent. There is lots of clubbing of colors imo. The details are lost.
4. Dont expect much from HDR contents. Again , there isnt much details. You can pump up sharpness , but it induces more distortion imo.
5. Have to fiddle a lot with settings to bring in decent movie level PQ. trust me when i say this ..
6. Sound is OK. I would rate all sounds from TV OK only. how much can they reproduce ?get a sound bar or some 2.1 decent setup if this isnt your primary driver. Since its not for me , i have kept this for my mom.
7. Apps are decent enough imo. They arent fast , neither they are slow. it should be decent enough to get through.
8. There are some edge bleeds .. but not that noticeable.
9. Viewing angle seems to be very narrow.
Again , if you keep fiddling with the settings , you might get a decent amount of PQ out of this, particularly given its decent black levels.

When the TV starts dont be alarmed to see a white washed black screen , once it boots the FALD kicks in.

Is it RTING reviews U6G ? I doubt it. Also remember 55" have less zone , compared to 65" which is 32 zones i guess. I came to know very late only

Is it worth at 60k ? for 55" ? I would say yes. But use it in hall or as secondary, surely not as primary driver , if you are into home theatre setup. If you want a good 55" , then i would way , save some money and get oled or something similar.

If you anyone wants to know anything specific , let me know.

My time with the Unit is very limited. Hardly an day or so in total. Will update more once i get time to watch it. I did calibrate it initially for my mom.
Hey thanks for the impressions. I am going to decide between this sand samsung frame 2020 tonight and it would be very helpful if you could answer a couple of questions quickly.

The official Indian website states 72 dimming zones in 55inch version also. It could very well be a typo. Can you confirm the exact count using some video from YouTube?

Did you wall mount the TV (was it included?) or on stand?

How's the 36 dimming zones FALD during normal everyday viewing? Does it make a noticeable difference?

Lastly, in you opinion, would it be worth spending 10k more on Samsung Frame? I am planning on placing it in my bedroom.

Hey thanks for the impressions. I am going to decide between this sand samsung frame 2020 tonight and it would be very helpful if you could answer a couple of questions quickly.

The official Indian website states 72 dimming zones in 55inch version also. It could very well be a typo. Can you confirm the exact count using some video from YouTube?

Did you wall mount the TV (was it included?) or on stand?

How's the 36 dimming zones FALD during normal everyday viewing? Does it make a noticeable difference?

Lastly, in you opinion, would it be worth spending 10k more on Samsung Frame? I am planning on placing it in my bedroom.

From RTING :

The 65 inch and 75 inch models have 60 local dimming zones, but the 55 inch and 50 inch versions only have 32 zones, so the local dimming feature might be a bit worse.
Yes you are correct , it does have 32 zones. I got the number wrong. I meant , size wise number of zones change.

Since some renovation work is going on , the TV is currently kept aside safely. Cant use it for some days.
I have used Stand.

I would say 36 zone is good enough. Remember i just now came from a 6 year old LCD TV ( Panny CX 700) to LG OLED and This Hisense TV. OLED is totally a different beast. So cant compare that with Hisense.

I would say its good for normal use. As i said , it works good.

Frame doesnt have any kind of local dimming option.. kindly CMIIW.

I would say , go to reliance digital , since thats where both frame and hisense might be on display. Take few videos on a pen drive and compare.

Except for dynamic or sports PQ modes , other modes should be ok to be compared.

From RTING :

Yes you are correct , it does have 32 zones. I got the number wrong. I meant , size wise number of zones change.

Since some renovation work is going on , the TV is currently kept aside safely. Cant use it for some days.
I have used Stand.

I would say 36 zone is good enough. Remember i just now came from a 6 year old LCD TV ( Panny CX 700) to LG OLED and This Hisense TV. OLED is totally a different beast. So cant compare that with Hisense.

I would say its good for normal use. As i said , it works good.

Frame doesnt have any kind of local dimming option.. kindly CMIIW.

I would say , go to reliance digital , since thats where both frame and hisense might be on display. Take few videos on a pen drive and compare.

Except for dynamic or sports PQ modes , other modes should be ok to be compared.
I have pulled the trigger on U6G. Let's see how it goes.

If you calibrate it meticulously , you can bring very good amount of color and clarity out of this tv

Do remember , it also depends on what input is fed.

After seeing HDR on LG C1 , watching HDR on hisense was a let down. Of course its not apt to compare both.
HDR some scenes look good , some dont .. i feel too much color over saturation and clubbing of colors. I did run from youtube though.

Once its fit again , will try to test with HDR contents.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back