Hisense is launching U6G in India with Big Billion days (55", 700-nits, FALD at ₹60k)

If you calibrate it meticulously , you can bring very good amount of color and clarity out of this tv

Do remember , it also depends on what input is fed.

After seeing HDR on LG C1 , watching HDR on hisense was a let down. Of course its not apt to compare both.
HDR some scenes look good , some dont .. i feel too much color over saturation and clubbing of colors. I did run from youtube though.

Once its fit again , will try to test with HDR contents.
Yeah it is about the content quality. Most of the consumption would be via internet or downloaded stuff only, wo hopefully it'll be good.

Did you check out the settings on RTings? Were they any useful? There's also an informative review by Digit on YouTube.

Sites like rtings might be misleading in the indian contest.
their test units will be from the European or American stock , while shoddier stuff might be routed to India.
We see this in mobiles, cars , etc , where the same model has different specifications in India and other countries. Non Chinese companies are upfront about the differences, but I have no expectations of transparency from the Chinese.

their test units will be from the European or American stock , while shoddier stuff might be routed to India.
We see this in mobiles, cars , etc , where the same model has different specifications in India and other countries. Non Chinese companies are upfront about the differences, but I have no expectations of transparency from the Chinese.
That's true. However they can be a good base point to start from.

but I have no expectations of transparency from the Chinese.
I think you are just clubbing everything under Chinese and unfairly so. There are many many good Chinese products. You just need to understand what you pay for and buy accordingly. There are so many non Chinese products that loot you on the basis of just being a renowned company or a non Chinese product. Better to be informed and save money instead of just falling into the trap of buying a renowned company or non Chinese products.

My Mi 3 mobile ran for 6 years as my primary driver and even now is serving as backup phone when my main phone breaks. My sis is using MI TV for 4 years without issues.
On the flip side, I have seen many apple and Micromax users crying about their phones and laptop keyboards after 1 or 2 years.

@Redflag , I agree with @Maint1234 . I usually calibrate TV to my preference. I usually adjust based on black levels and amount of shadow to brightness in a movie.

You can use some reference videos from internet like some DV or HDR 10 Video Files and calibrate your TV

I too doubt if its the same model and make as the one RTING reviewed. But i would say its a good TV. For the price you are paying for 55" , its good for normal use.

For serious movie enthus.. I feel going OLED or better tech is adviced.

You're judging things too much. The worst offender of this is the 'tier 1' manufacturer Samsung, which puts their inferior Exynos chips in their Indian phones and ADS panels in their Indian TV sets, without even mentioning it in the specs anywhere on the site.

Meanwhile, most Chinese TVs just have one SKU with one spec. The Mi TV Q1 is the same in India as in Europe, and the same with U6G. If the models are different, the names will be slightly different.

You're judging things too much. The worst offender of this is the 'tier 1' manufacturer Samsung, which puts their inferior Exynos chips in their Indian phones and ADS panels in their Indian TV sets, without even mentioning it in the specs anywhere on the site.

Meanwhile, most Chinese TVs just have one SKU with one spec. The Mi TV Q1 is the same in India as in Europe, and the same with U6G. If the models are different, the names will be slightly different.
Indian U6G has 3 HDMI ports instead of 4 also. Who knows what else was changed.

Indian U6G has 3 HDMI ports instead of 4 also. Who knows what else was changed.
HDMI ports and power input/transformers etc are external things that might change, and so can the design and speakers with the market. The panel won't since U6G is their lowest end panel and they literally don't have any worse panel to go in their ULED series.

HDMI ports and power input/transformers etc are external things that might change, and so can the design and speakers with the market. The panel won't since U6G is their lowest end panel and they literally don't have any worse panel to go in their ULED series.

Strangely, while reviewers abroad are going ga ga over U6G, but Indian reviewers are not so gung ho. See the Digit review. Vineet Malhotra, who has reviewed both separately, says entry level Sony x80j without FALD beats u6g in all respects (in his world that means DTH and Netflix).

you have the right to support Chinese brands , for whatever reason, but Samsung clearly mentions exynos chips in their phones, which they sell all over the world including Europe.
USA gets Qualcomm because of cdma networks , which is not manufactured by Samsung.
Your trying to smear Samsung is unsuccessful in my view.
Chinese might have the same model name but it's well documented that they divert their lower quality stuff to the developing countries.

Strangely, while reviewers abroad are going ga ga over U6G, but Indian reviewers are not so gung ho. See the Digit review. Vineet Malhotra, who has reviewed both separately, says entry level Sony x80j without FALD beats u6g in all respects (in his world that means DTH and Netflix).
Can you point me to where he says that?

Please make sure to share the accurate data here.there is a huge different between x80j and x85j.

Please make sure to share the accurate data here.there is a huge different between x80j and x85j.
He had reviewed the x80j that's why I got confused. Even x85j is non FALD. though VA panel and 120 hz refresh rate.

The question is: "full array, local dimming. picture processing vs Nokia I agree would be better, but without local dimming but backlit Sony with 500nits would beat Hisense on almost all parameters, would you agree?"

Vineet's answer: "Sony is better in all aspects".

International reviewers are comparing U6G favorably with Sony FALD.

Last edited:
International reviewers are comparing U6G favorably with the higher spec x90J, which is FALD and XR engine.
No, they're not. X90J is vastly superior. Also, X85J is like 2x the price.
but Samsung clearly mentions exynos chips in their phones, which they sell all over the world including Europe.
USA gets Qualcomm because of cdma networks , which is not manufactured by Samsung.
Your trying to smear Samsung is unsuccessful in my view.

No they don't. The website just mentions 8-core processor and the marketing material just mentions 5nm 5G processor. And Samsung doesn't sell Exynos all over the world, they just switched over to Snapdragon in their home market of South Korea because of backlash over poor Exynos processors. There's no need for Snapdragon in SK for CDMA as Samsung was happily selling Exynos in that market previously.

1641971935897.png

Also nowhere on their website do Samsung mentions that their Indian variant of QN90A is an inferior ADS panel instead of VA. A few FMs have been burned by that by checking out US reviews.

No, they're not. X90J is vastly superior. Also, X85J is like 2x the price.
"Compare favorably" is different from "is superior".

International reviews say the U6G is so good it is comparable to flagship LEDs from the big 3. It is in their top TVs of 2021 lists. Indian reviews are saying Sony without FALD is better.

While x85 is more expensive, it is definitely not 2x, which will be 1.8. A member here has recently purchased the x90j for 1.2.

"Compare favorably" is different from "is superior".

International reviews say the U6G is so good it is comparable to flagship LEDs from the big 3. It is in their top TVs of 2021 lists. Indian reviews are saying Sony without FALD is better.

While x85 is more expensive, it is definitely not 2x, which will be 1.8. A member here has recently purchased the x90j for 1.2.
I am also looking for a 65“ TV. Not sure which one to pick. Considering the budget I can go up to 1.5L. Since the OLED doesnt come under 1.5, i have ruled them out. I am keen to get the X90J as my use case would be to have the TV in a well ventilated and lit living area. The TV will be primarily be used for YouTube, Netflix, Prime etc. and for PS5. Currently i am being offered X90J at 1.5L (inclusive of cashbacks from Credit Cards) and may further go down by 5k more. Is this a good buy for the price? Also are there any other alternative to this - 65” TV (Sony, LG and Samsung) within 1.5L budget.

Just got my U6G installed. The black levels are pretty good. Got to spend only 10 mins with it though, so will post more impressions later.

One thing I noticed though are some black dots spread on the screen (like 5-6) which are visible on white/grey screen. They are black when viewed from the front and whiteish when viewed from top and sides. I don't know what to call them.

Attachments

• IMG-20220112-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220112-WA0003.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20220112-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220112-WA0002.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20220112-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220112-WA0000.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20220112-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220112-WA0001.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 23
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back