Hisense is launching U6G in India with Big Billion days (55", 700-nits, FALD at ₹60k)

He had reviewed the x80j that's why I got confused. Even x85j is non FALD. though VA panel and 120 hz refresh rate.

The question is: "full array, local dimming. picture processing vs Nokia I agree would be better, but without local dimming but backlit Sony with 500nits would beat Hisense on almost all parameters, would you agree?"

Vineet's answer: "Sony is better in all aspects".

International reviewers are comparing U6G favorably with Sony FALD.
I never trust these Indian reviewers . I’m using U6G so I know the quality also. Thank god that I didn’t watch Indian reviewers before.

I never trust these Indian reviewers . I’m using U6G so I know the quality also. Thank god that I didn’t watch Indian reviewers before.

99% of Indian reviews are paid promotions. Think of them like brand endorsements. They just sprout the same tech mumbo jumbo that the manufacturer gives them and lack the knowledge to give any useful information. They know that if they say anything remotely against a brand, they will not get the next model to review. In case where they can actually buy and review, they don't have the tech knowhow to test and to explain (for eg, Vineet seems to think nits is the ultimate metric.)

This is why we are in this forum to get honest, educated information.

Do post your impressions of the U6G.

I am also looking for a 65“ TV. Not sure which one to pick. Considering the budget I can go up to 1.5L. Since the OLED doesnt come under 1.5, i have ruled them out. I am keen to get the X90J as my use case would be to have the TV in a well ventilated and lit living area. The TV will be primarily be used for YouTube, Netflix, Prime etc. and for PS5. Currently i am being offered X90J at 1.5L (inclusive of cashbacks from Credit Cards) and may further go down by 5k more. Is this a good buy for the price? Also are there any other alternative to this - 65” TV (Sony, LG and Samsung) within 1.5L budget.

Brother I'm in the same boat. Except my budget is lower, around 1 lakh.

In one of the other threads, a member has got x90j 65 inch for 1.2. You can DM him for more info.

Last edited:
"Compare favorably" is different from "is superior".
1641992933322.png
International reviews say the U6G is so good it is comparable to flagship LEDs from the big 3. It is in their top TVs of 2021 lists. Indian reviews are saying Sony without FALD is better.
Please point me to those International reviews. U6G isn't even good enough to compare to Hisense's own flagship LEDs (U7G/U8G), and they themselves are worse to Sony/Samsung's TVs because of poor out of the box accuracy, poor motion and poor support.
While x85 is more expensive, it is definitely not 2x, which will be 1.8. A member here has recently purchased the x90j for 1.2.
Sony India's store lists it at 1.4 lakhs. So it's more than 2x. That's what a normal person would pay without haggling. At >1 lakh for 55", I personally wouldn't consider any LCD TV anyway as you can get OLED so not worth the time haggling for these poor value TVs.

No, they're not. X90J is vastly superior. Also, X85J is like 2x the price.

No they don't. The website just mentions 8-core processor and the marketing material just mentions 5nm 5G processor. And Samsung doesn't sell Exynos all over the world, they just switched over to Snapdragon in their home market of South Korea because of backlash over poor Exynos processors. There's no need for Snapdragon in SK for CDMA as Samsung was happily selling Exynos in that market previously.

View attachment 65985

Also nowhere on their website do Samsung mentions that their Indian variant of QN90A is an inferior ADS panel instead of VA. A few FMs have been burned by that by checking out US reviews.

"Processor Detail​

Processor​

• Chipset
    Exynos 990
  • CPU Type
    Octa-Core"

Also , https://provscons.com/why-samsung-uses-different-processors/

At least you sound very confident in your false assertions.

Brother I'm in the same boat. Except my budget is lower, around 1 lakh.

In one of the other threads, a member has got x90j 65 inch for 1.2. You can DM him for more info.
I did try to negotiate but the max they offered is 1.45. I might push for more discount if I finalise on X90J. I am not sure as the opinions on this forum are different. While i would like to get the LG OLED C1 65”, they are pricier and dont come anywhere close to 1.5L. Secondly i hate LG Web OS. I am sure they would have upgraded the OS from older gens, my experience with my current LG LB6500 that i using for past 8 years, i hate it. I also hate the magic remote. It’s expensive if you need to replace it and more over the cursor keeps popping up on slightest of movements. I am inclined towards sony as i use PS5 extensively or rather my kids use it extensively. Their TVs i guess are tuned for PS5s. My budget was also similar to yours (less than 1 lakh) but then the options were far and few. Initially i thought i will get the X80J or X85J but then their XR processor is here to stay. All their new TVs are carrying XR as opposed to X1 in X80 and X85J models. Moreover X90J also has 120 refresh rate, with VRR support in future software update. This to me seems like a future proof option over others in this price bracket.

If the prices of A80J comes closer to 2, i might look at that or even LG’s C1. But they are currently way over my budget.

Please point me to those International reviews. U6G isn't even good enough to compare to Hisense's own flagship LEDs (U7G/U8G), and they themselves are worse to Sony/Samsung's TVs because of poor out of the box accuracy, poor motion and poor support.

Dude, check Youtube. It is because of the rave reviews that this thread is more than 11 pages long.
Sony India's store lists it at 1.4 lakhs. So it's more than 2x. That's what a normal person would pay without haggling. At >1 lakh for 55", I personally wouldn't consider any LCD TV anyway as you can get OLED so not worth the time haggling for these poor value TVs.

Shopatsc.com lists the 65 inch model for 1.3L. U6G is 90k. That's less than 50% premium even without haggling.

The point of the discussion is, is it worth paying 90k for hisense or better to spend extra and go for the big 3. For such a long thread, there are few actual reviews.

"Processor Detail​

Processor​

• Chipset
    Exynos 990
  • CPU Type
    Octa-Core"

Also , https://provscons.com/why-samsung-uses-different-processors/

At least you sound very confident in your false assertions.
So they provided for one but not for S21 as I said above. Still a miss in my book.

There's no false assertions LMAO. Give me one reason why Samsung uses Snapdragon in South Korean market now when it used Exynos earlier.
Google is your friend
I can't find any 'well documented' sources as you claimed. The burden of proof is on you since you made such a bold claim. Nice way to back out and run out of an argument!
Dude, check Youtube. It is because of the rave reviews that this thread is more than 11 pages long.
Dunno man. FOMO tested U6G and found it to be worse than even the VA version of X80J which itself is a bargain basement TV.
Shopatsc.com lists the 65 inch model for 1.3L. U6G is 90k. That's less than 50% premium even without haggling.
The point of the discussion is, is it worth paying 90k for hisense or better to spend extra and go for the big 3. For such a long thread, there are few actual reviews.
Neither. Both are quite poor value for money. The 55" version of U6G makes sense if you're on a budget.

At 90-100k, you should go for last year's Sony FALD and look for a bargain. Something like X900H. Or go for 55" OLED and sit closer to the TV.

At 130k for a non FALD basic TV is like burning away your money. You can easily get X90/X95 series from Sony or older OLED for bargain around 150-160k.

You could look out for a deal on LG 65A1 OLED.

Hi, just an update.

I Tested my Tv, and it indeed has 72 dimming zones which leads me to conclude that the Indian U6G is not the U6G but instead the U6GS with the Android software instead of Vida OS.

More to follow.
is this Chinese tv branded as u6g or u6gs in India ?
@lightgamer

In India it is branded as U6G only but in actual, it is U6GS (Philippines model of U6G) with Android

Just got my U6G installed. The black levels are pretty good. Got to spend only 10 mins with it though, so will post more impressions later.

One thing I noticed though are some black dots spread on the screen (like 5-6) which are visible on white/grey screen. They are black when viewed from the front and whiteish when viewed from top and sides. I don't know what to call them.
All the best for your purchase.

Yes blacks are good. Do place your sofa/bed , right in the middle of the TV , i felt the viewing angle is pretty narrow.

Also use a good HDR content to calibrate the TV of your liking .

Once my TV is fixed again , i will share my settings.

is this Chinese tv branded as u6g or u6gs in India ?
@lightgamer
Why are you asking me that and why does it matter? If it's the U6GS that's a good thing as we're getting a better tv than advertised.

Shouldn't you be pointing me to well documented sources for your claims, which according to you should be just a Google search away?

Why are you asking me that and why does it matter? If it's the U6GS that's a good thing as we're getting a better tv than advertised.

Shouldn't you be pointing me to well documented sources for your claims, which according to you should be just a Google search away?
because you seem to be well ingrained in the Chinese eco system.
rtings seems to think u6gs is worse than u6g , and is actually closer to h8g.
"U6G has much better black uniformity and better reflection handling, so it's a bit more versatile. ".

All my claims are well documented in the internet globasphere. You just have sift through it.

because you seem to be well ingrained in the Chinese eco system.
rtings seems to think u6gs is worse than u6g , and is actually closer to h8g.
"U6G has much better black uniformity and better reflection handling, so it's a bit more versatile. ".

All my claims are well documented in the internet globasphere. You just have sift through it.
I don't remember where they reviewed U6GS? Maybe you are confusing it with U6GR.

rtings hasn't but go through this discussion by Philippines buyers on reddit-
the users claim u6gs is close to h8g , a inferior product yo u6g.
First you lied that rtings said U6GS is worse than U6, now quoting some random guy from reddit who hasn't even owned the U6G and just has U6GS as source.

Tomorrow you'll start quoting your own older comments as sources.

So this is your definition of well documented! Got it.

So is the consensus that the U6G sold in India is NOT the same U6G sold in US with the fawning reviews on youtube?

Looks like whatever Hisense in selling here as U6G, it may be a better TV or worse but it is not reviewed by any authoritative source. And it is not to be confused with the TV with the same model number that is in the best of 2021 lists on the internet.

Buyer beware!

For me, it's now between 2021 65 inch Sony x80aj or 2020 55 inch LG BX OLED. Both around 95k. Not happy with either choice.

So is the consensus that the U6G sold in India is NOT the same U6G sold in US with the fawning reviews on youtube?

Looks like whatever Hisense in selling here as U6G, it may be a better TV or worse but it is not reviewed by any authoritative source. And it is not to be confused with the TV with the same model number that is in the best of 2021 lists on the internet.

Buyer beware!

For me, it's now between 2021 65 inch Sony x80aj or 2020 55 inch LG BX OLED. Both around 95k. Not happy with either choice.
yup. nothing beyond Chinese brands unfortunately.
Go for a lg oled cx or c1 55 , even if it's a bit above your budget. Sony prices its products with too much premium in India.
Treat it like a capital expenditure. With the new TV models already launched , the prices should drop.
But I can assure you, you won't be disappointed with your buy.
The pitch dark will get you.
Just finished the expanse series on amazon prime and its mindblowing.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back