Hisense is launching U6G in India with Big Billion days (55", 700-nits, FALD at ₹60k)

So is the consensus that the U6G sold in India is NOT the same U6G sold in US with the fawning reviews on youtube?

Looks like whatever Hisense in selling here as U6G, it may be a better TV or worse but it is not reviewed by any authoritative source. And it is not to be confused with the TV with the same model number that is in the best of 2021 lists on the internet.

Buyer beware!

For me, it's now between 2021 65 inch Sony x80aj or 2020 55 inch LG BX OLED. Both around 95k. Not happy with either choice.
Yes it does seem like it is U6GS which I would believe is a superior model due to more dimming zones. I haven't gotten the time to test it more but if you have any questions, let me know.

What's your viewing distance? I think both of them are decent choices. I would lean towards the OLED of size isn't an issue.

Just for winning the debate you r spreading wrong information here. Rting never reviewed U6gs at all.
how exactly is wrong information being spread ? maybe the reddit discussion is too complex for you.
you are welcome to buy u6gs but you should not deprive others here of making a informed buy.

This one. Reddit user and rting r same to u? And who is this Reddit user? There is no credibility. Just a random guy.
we are all random guys here with our experiences.
the choice is whether we trust professional reviewers or users ?
And it's a tv screen, no need to get emotionally attached to it.

This one. Reddit user and rting r same to u? And who is this Reddit user? There is no credibility. Just a random guy.
Guys I think we need to chill out. I think it was an honest mistake on his part. No need to embarrass him further by pointing it out again and again. Focus on the topic in hand.

Guys I think we need to chill out. I think it was an honest mistake on his part. No need to embarrass him further by pointing it out again and again. Focus on the topic in hand.
I have no issues at all. He is just justifying his mistakes again and again. No one here will agree that rting observation is same as a random forum guy’s opinion. That’s my point.

thanks for defending my internet cred. Appreciate it.
though no mistake on my side.
Other guy is unable to understand, we shouldn't judge him . Thinking is difficult for some ppl.

thanks for defending my internet cred. Appreciate it.
though no mistake on my side.
Other guy is unable to understand, we shouldn't judge him . Thinking is difficult for some ppl.
U never make any mistake. Got it. If anyone find your mistakes then he should think differently. I got that also.

What's your viewing distance? I think both of them are decent choices. I would lean towards the OLED of size isn't an issue.

Viewing distance is 10 ft. Plenty of light due to one wall being floor to ceiling glass + higher floor.

I'm moving up from a >10-year-old 40 inch Sony HD Lcd, which, annoyingly, is still working without a flaw.

Viewing distance is 10 ft. Plenty of light due to one wall being floor to ceiling glass + higher floor.

I'm moving up from a >10-year-old 40 inch Sony HD Lcd, which, annoyingly, is still working without a flaw.
At 10 feet you can easily go for 55 incher. The difference in quality is quite a lot. You wont regret buying an 55 inch OLED.

10 feet is a big distance, get 65 inch minimum.

Here you go: x80j > u6g

I personally feel that it's pretty subjective rather than having a clear cut winner. IPS black levels and contast can't match Local Dimming VA Panel, whereas the out of box software optimisation of Sony might be better. Depends upon what you're looking for. For SDR content Sony might be ok but you can't beat Hisense for HD content.

Here you go: x80j > u6g

As per him, picture quality wise IPS panel is better than a FALD VA panel. That’s why I never trust an Indian reviewer at all. I think he is using a 50 inch Sony vs 55 inch Hisense to prove that Sony picture quality is better. Even though he is saying Sony is an IPS panel but 50 inch mode is VA panel.

I'm trying to reach Hisense Customer care on 1800 266 1969 but it never worked. seems it going to be pain for after sales service.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back