Home entertainment system for studio apartment.

threeonethree

Hi
I would like to build a studio apartment as first floor of my house and require a home entertainment system / music player / gaming system / home theatre.

The room with required size will be built accordingly. Please guide me in planning such a system.

What should be ideal size of the room. Should it be a separate area or is it possible to have the home entertainment system as a part of a large area (lobby, dining room, bedroom etc).

Should I plan for a large TV or a good projector.

What Kind of speaker system will be required.

I would also like to hook up a ps4 or upcoming ps5 with the system. I also require good bass.

My budget is 15 lakhs for the studio and 3 lakhs for the screen + audio + home entertainment system.

Hi
I would like to build a studio apartment as first floor of my house and require a home entertainment system / music player / gaming system / home theatre.

The room with required size will be built accordingly.

No experience on studio room/reqd size, so will skip this..

What should be ideal size of the room.

Should it be a separate area or is it possible to have the home entertainment system as a part of a large area (lobby, dining room, bedroom etc).

Better if it is a dedicated room, just gives you flexibility of critical placement of subwoofers.. But yes, a living room can also be used effectively for home entertainment system..

Should I plan for a large TV or a good projector.

Nothing beats a large screen experience.. a 150 inch screen Vs a 65 inch TV is no contest IMO.. If a bigger screen is good for movies, it should also be good for gaming as well..

What Kind of speaker system will be required.

I would also like to hook up a ps4 or upcoming ps5 with the system. I also require good bass.

My budget is 15 lakhs for the studio and 3 lakhs for the screen + audio + home entertainment system.

Depending on the room you plan to have, say bet 200 - 300 Sqft would be excellent for HT experience which gives you some room for nicely spacing the speakers..

For your budget, a 7.2.4 Atmos / Dts X capable AVR would be good.. 7 regular speakers, dual subwoofers & 4 overheads should be easily possible in your budget of 3 Lakhs..

For your budget, a 7.2.4 Atmos / Dts X capable AVR would be good.. 7 regular speakers, dual subwoofers & 4 overheads should be easily possible in your budget of 3 Lakhs..

BUDGET of 3 lacs includes cost of projector, gaming console etc so budget for sound is approx 1 lacs only. Please suggest a 5.1 system accordingly

BUDGET of 3 lacs includes cost of projector, gaming console etc so budget for sound is approx 1 lacs only. Please suggest a 5.1 system accordingly

I would suggest you consider an AVR once you have shortlisted the Projector & Gaming console.. I think you may have slightly more than what you have fixed now.. Even then a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system is capable..

can’t give any recommendations

My suggestion is to have provision for cables/wires while doing the studio, I mean have more then 1” or more pipes run(think of hdmi to projector etc), consider the max possibilities, maybe 9.2.1 speaker points

this is one regret I have as I never planned and running cables all over is no fun.

If a bigger screen is good for movies, it should also be good for gaming as well.
Actually sir its quite the opposite. Bigger screen is more difficult for gaming specially fps. A screen even as big as 42" poses problems for fps games. Also as screen size increases the response time of screen increases so that's another negative.
Gaming monitors are best for gaming.

Take a look at the Xiaomi Mi laser projector. It has superb specs and really nice reviews. 3000:1 contrast ratio, 5000 lumen brightness - it is 1080p only but I think it supports HDR and 4k inputs which it downscales. And it costs $2k which is a bargain for what it offers. And you don't need to replace bulbs. Reviews here and here.

Take a look at the Xiaomi Mi laser projector. It has superb specs and really nice reviews. 3000:1 contrast ratio, 5000 lumen brightness - it is 1080p only but I think it supports HDR and 4k inputs which it downscales. And it costs $2k which is a bargain for what it offers. And you don't need to replace bulbs. Reviews here and here.
Seems amazing. Wonder what it would cost in India.

Seems amazing. Wonder what it would cost in India.

The US price is actually the price quoted by an importer who is shipping this from China. If you can see if someone is shipping from China to India, i would imagine the price would be the same. Not counting import duties.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back