home theater 5.1 DTS demo DVD or audio CDs

I would seriously not recommend this. A demo DVD/CD is supposed to be of very high quality to bring out the capabilities of the player, amplification, cables, connectors, and speakers.

DVDs/CDs in Burma Bazar are of extremely low quality and best avoided if you are serious about what you want to see and listen to. To keep the costs down, they use media of very poor quality and their copying process is also very poor.

Cheers

hello venkat you are 100% right , last week when i was in chennai i bought around 25 cds including demo dvds , when i came back home i was disappointed by the quality of these dvds , and also most of the dvds work only for 30 mins , after that they get stuck . three dvds didnt have anything in it. they gave me for Rs.20 each , very bad experience for me.

thanks for warning other members too

thanks and regards

tharun Balakrishnan

hi,
does anybody hv the DTS Alive Demo dvd or any other new dts demo dvd?
any idea where can i get hold of them in Kolkata?

regards.

As i always say,
plz download em,u easily get these in torrents.
If u want,i can PM u the links.
Download,Burn it to a Good quality DVD-R.
I have Dts Vol-1,2 and a THX DD DTS Demo DVD all Downloaded from Torrents.

Have Fun
Vj

hi,
thanks for the quick reply.i hv the dts vol.1 & 2 & the thx dvd.
i am not getting the dts alive anywhere on the net & also the newer volumes like 8,9 etc.so posted the request.if u hv any other links for demo dvds please pm me.

Guys,
am also vigorously searching for the latest vols,
I will PM u the links when i come across.
Vj

I would seriously not recommend this. A demo DVD/CD is supposed to be of very high quality to bring out the capabilities of the player, amplification, cables, connectors, and speakers.

DVDs/CDs in Burma Bazar are of extremely low quality and best avoided if you are serious about what you want to see and listen to. To keep the costs down, they use media of very poor quality and their copying process is also very poor.

Cheers

If one can't figure out the difference between a Burma bazaar and actual bazaar quality, I guess it not require a demo and tuning either Venkat. So, we will leave them to enjoy the downloaded ones.

Folks

I searched all over web before posting this. I am looking for the home theater demo DVDs (in bangalore) which they typically play in the stores to test 5.1 DTS and other surround features. I tried swedish radio website and they do have some good sound tracks. Can you suggest where I can find the complete demo DVDs in bangalore and the approximate cost ?

I borrowed DEMO DVDs from dealer from where I purchase HT & made copy
on blanck DVD in Nero.

For audio, all THX DVDs have a audio setting piece in teh Extra Features section. The Toy Story movies 1 & 2 have this and also any other THX certified DVD. My referneces are all wrt originals. I dont know about copied or illegit ones.

If you want specific albums to test (you need a fair bit of expertise and knowledge about the notes in the song) one very good album is Brand New Day by Sting for DTS. A number of SACDs and DVDA are also good refernce ones such a Fourplay, Patricia Barber, Dark Side of the Moon, Diana Krall.

I prefer the formal method with test tones as its much easier.

If you want specific disks that professionals use, then Digital Video Essentials and Avia Demo Disk, Sound and Vision disks are excellent too.

Folks

I searched all over web before posting this. I am looking for the home theater demo DVDs (in bangalore) which they typically play in the stores to test 5.1 DTS and other surround features. I tried swedish radio website and they do have some good sound tracks. Can you suggest where I can find the complete demo DVDs in bangalore and the approximate cost ?

hi,hope u found your demo discs, i do have about three of them (all decrypted and copied by me from different showrooms) i cud give u the copies for free

Recently I got a demo disk from B&W (register for a free demo dvd in their 800 series speakers website). Basically its a demo of their 800 series speakers, however the dvd contains several tracks in DTS and stereo.

I got mine a couple of days ago, it took around 4 weeks. Have yet to check it out though, but the content is what's used for demos in most places. Now I am assuming they are probably using the same DVD for demo purposes.

Hi,

You can try the AV max Demo DVD. It came out with the Sep or Oct 2008 edition. It is mostly used to test your LCD TV, but can also be used to test home theatre systems.

Baically it has various movie clips that tests different aspects like motion, contrast, White balance, surround sound, etc etc. Pretty good stuff.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back