Home theater Budget one lakh INR( and no more)

hope u got my pm
jokes apart
spend the money u save for mx audio n video cables, connectors n interconnects from babbal soni at lrp market,
opp red fort. soni electronics is the distributor for mx so u get wholesale prices but no return exch or discount. but u dont need those at 60% of mrp.
also do invest in a good rack or go the diy way for a rack. tell me if u want that, i can guide u on that too.

btw f u got sum1 in the states then the hsu research ventriloquist 6.1 spkr system and sub is a a steal at about 33k. the sub is heavy so that relative has got to be real close to lug it past customs as a gift. just a thot coz they r damn bloody good. see them here

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/performance1.html

HSU STF-1 Subwoofer

HSU Ventriloquist VT-12

all the best

Last night, i saw speakers and amps flying all over in my dreams. I was very pleasantly surprised by the depth of your exploration in AV.Have you always been so passionate about sound? How come i dont see you regularly on this forum ( i am a new member anyway). What is it what made you invisible, and what is it what made you take this avatar now. very interesting. Kindly PM your contact no, would like to speak to you. Are you based in Delhi?

Noah...are they available for demo in Delhi? I visited their website and was impressed by the technology behind but ears knows only about sound, so demo is the proof of the pudding. and monitor M2s, where they are available...

As i said in PM, this week I am set out to save my job this week, and next week, I am full throttle for the search for a great system under 1.1 L.

Looking forward to talking to you soon.

cheers,

P

p.s.- i have two black labels, and one blue label, was just waiting for opportunity to open, looks like the time has come.

here it is
bi-wiring and biamping is done only with spkrs with four teminals on rear
two black two red
one black and one red usually marked H goes to tweeter for hi freq
2nd black n red usually marked L goes to tweeter for lo freq
when used in normal mode(one pr wires),jumpers or cables connect
black to black and red to red
so it is the crossover inside which separates the freq sendin hi to tweeter
and lo to bass/ mid bass drivers.
DONT EVER FORGET TO REMOVE JUMPERS BEFORE BIWIRING/BIAMPING
AND DONT FORGET TO PUT THEM BACK ON FOR NORMAL MODE

now when u biwire
u use two pr wires
two black two red
both blacks connected to single black of amp
both reds connected to single red of amp
NOW one black each to both blacks behind spkr
ditto for reds
thats it thats biwired
to me it doesnt make technical or acoustic sense but bi-amping is a diff thing
it really makes a diff
ideally for this u need two monobloc power amps both connected to a pre amp
with two cables each
so preamp has 4 cables out one black one red say to each mono which provides only one channel each ie left n right
the preamp is connected to your sources say a deck, dvd player and ps3 and a turntable too.
so now u select say dvd
the pre amp feed the sig to each mono lt and rt
then u can bi amp in 2 ways
either use 1 mono for each spkr
or
use one mono for hi freq black n red behind each spkr
and 2nd mono for lo freq black n red behind each spkr

thts called vertical or horizontal biamping as the case maybe

opinions differ
i prefer the one mone each for hi and lo approach
its very subjective really
but read these too
Bi-Amping: Pleasure or Pain?
and later much later
this
BiAmp (Bi-Amplification - Not Quite Magic, But Close) - Part 1

oh yeah the amps we normally use are called integrated amps wherein the same casing houses both the pre and power amp sections
bi-amping can be done with 2 integrateds too
but at least one of them
(if diff power then lower power wala to tweeter n higher to woofer)
must have pre outs pr at rear
to go to 2nd amp
regardless of wattage both shud be same brand only wattage level different
if both same wattage then obviously both wud have pre outs but u will one preouts only of one by connecting it to second
hope this helps
cheers

here it is
bi-wiring and biamping is done only with spkrs with four teminals on rear
two black two red
one black and one red usually marked H goes to tweeter for hi freq
2nd black n red usually marked L goes to tweeter for lo freq
when used in normal mode(one pr wires),jumpers or cables connect
black to black and red to red
so it is the crossover inside which separates the freq sendin hi to tweeter
and lo to bass/ mid bass drivers.
DONT EVER FORGET TO REMOVE JUMPERS BEFORE BIWIRING/BIAMPING
AND DONT FORGET TO PUT THEM BACK ON FOR NORMAL MODE

now when u biwire
u use two pr wires
two black two red
both blacks connected to single black of amp
both reds connected to single red of amp
NOW one black each to both blacks behind spkr
ditto for reds
thats it thats biwired
to me it doesnt make technical or acoustic sense but bi-amping is a diff thing
it really makes a diff
ideally for this u need two monobloc power amps both connected to a pre amp
with two cables each
so preamp has 4 cables out one black one red say to each mono which provides only one channel each ie left n right
the preamp is connected to your sources say a deck, dvd player and ps3 and a turntable too.
so now u select say dvd
the pre amp feed the sig to each mono lt and rt
then u can bi amp in 2 ways
either use 1 mono for each spkr
or
use one mono for hi freq black n red behind each spkr
and 2nd mono for lo freq black n red behind each spkr

thts called vertical or horizontal biamping as the case maybe

opinions differ
i prefer the one mone each for hi and lo approach
its very subjective really
but read these too
Bi-Amping: Pleasure or Pain?
and later much later
this
BiAmp (Bi-Amplification - Not Quite Magic, But Close) - Part 1

oh yeah the amps we normally use are called integrated amps wherein the same casing houses both the pre and power amp sections
bi-amping can be done with 2 integrateds too
but at least one of them
(if diff power then lower power wala to tweeter n higher to woofer)
must have pre outs pr at rear
to go to 2nd amp
regardless of wattage both shud be same brand only wattage level different
if both same wattage then obviously both wud have pre outs but u will one preouts only of one by connecting it to second
hope this helps
cheers

:)here comes a great explanation, what do you say guys....(the As and the Bs....)is it 100 out of 100, or some scope left !

Hello All,

There are gentle-man, they still do exist, and i found one of them in Bangkok.

My penultimate day of stay, and i lost all the hope and was feeling pretty down,( since i had built my hopes that i would be able to buy Denon 1911, cheaper than India, in Bangkok) but not to be be, and was almost on the verge of returning empty handed, and I get the call from this very helpful guy Ravin, a fellow forum member, and he was willing to cover miles to help me (he lived in the outskirts of the city, and I was almost in center). Ravin is a 3rd generation Indian settled in Bangkok, speaks more Thai than Hindi, but true to the spirit for a country-man, has a heart of gold( of course Indian). You can take an Indian out of India, but not India out of an Indian, what better example than this !

To cut the long story short, finally with his help I was able to buy the AVR,( and surprise-surprise, it is not a Denon, but Marantz SR5005), direct from the distributor. I auditioned denons and onkyos also, but immediately fallen for the sweetness of Marantz.

And, that was my last day of stay in Bangkok.

Well story does not end there, he took me to an Indian restaurant which has Jain food on offer (Yes ! in Bangkok !), and being a vegetarian, that was my first time in Bangkok, when I felt at home.

Thank you my friend, and that comes from the core of my heart.

And I am back with my search after a lull, job kept me busy. Since now i have my Marantz, i am ready to run with it for rest of the family to get together( i mean front bookshelfs, Sub and surrounds).

Guys , please share your experience of Marantz with the speakers you have used, and please recommend to me !

cheers,

P

Dear Mr. Pawan,

Epos pair excellent with Marantz. One of the member 'AMITNOIDA' has bought Epos for his Marantz AVR after all the auditioning.

I would recommend Epos M12i bookshelfs for your setup. They will do both (Music & Movies) the jobs excellently.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Hello All,

My penultimate day of stay, and i lost all the hope and was feeling pretty down,( since i had built my hopes that i would be able to buy Denon 1911, cheaper than India, in Bangkok) but not to be be, and was almost on the verge of returning empty handed, and I get the call from this very helpful guy Ravin, a fellow forum member, and he was willing to cover miles to help me (he lived in the outskirts of the city, and I was almost in center). Ravin is a 3rd generation Indian settled in Bangkok, speaks more Thai than Hindi, but true to the spirit for a country-man, has a heart of gold( of course Indian). You can take an Indian out of India, but not India out of an Indian, what better example than this !

To cut the long story short, finally with his help I was able to buy the AVR,( and surprise-surprise, it is not a Denon, but Marantz SR5005), direct from the distributor. I auditioned denons and onkyos also, but immediately fallen for the sweetness of Marantz.

Well story does not end there, he took me to an Indian restaurant which has Jain food on offer (Yes ! in Bangkok !), and being a vegetarian, that was my first time in Bangkok, when I felt at home.

And I am back with my search after a lull, job kept me busy. Since now i have my Marantz, i am ready to run with it for rest of the family to get together( i mean front bookshelfs, Sub and surrounds).

Guys , please share your experience of Marantz with the speakers you have used, and please recommend to me !

cheers,

P

Gentle-men,

Please share your experience of Marantz with the speakers you have used, and please recommend to me !

thank you !

Hello All,

cheers,

P

@ Pawan
I enjoyed your company in Bangkok. Most important, I now have a new friend. :)

Dear Mr. Pawan,

Epos pair excellent with Marantz. One of the member 'AMITNOIDA' has bought Epos for his Marantz AVR after all the auditioning.

I would recommend Epos M12i bookshelfs for your setup. They will do both (Music & Movies) the jobs excellently.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Dear Akhil
Much as your suggestion to Pawan is highly appreciated, I 'd request you to consider that pairing and matching of spkrs is very subjective. The epos-marantz combo may not sound to Pawan as it did to Amit, but then who knows, it might sound even better to Pawan than it does to Amit. Since both are in Noida, I suggest detailed auditioning by Pawan of his AVR connected to Amit's spkrs. Then compare with other auditioned brands available locally, but in all cases, do carry your AVR along. Also, you need not 'audition' movies. Go for your own familiar music with the AVR in 'stereo mode'. If the speakers sound good with movies, they invariably will sound good with movies, but in case of doubt, take your favorite movie scenes along on DVD. Once you have chosen the spkrs, audition with both movies and music for sub-woofer selection/choice.
Congrats again.
MANY THANKS TO RAVIN FOR HELPING PAWAN OUT. YOU MADE OUR DAY, TOO, MATE.
HTH
Regards

Last edited:
Hi parora,

Congrats on your AVR purchase.

Do add the PSB Image series to your demo list. The suggested combo would be B6 + C5 + B4/B5. You may also look at the Alpha B1 + C1 + LR1 combo.

Read post no #19 for my review of PSB Image series with Marantz 6005.

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/17109-new-avr-upto-80k-2.html#post238927

Also i'm putting up a link to my thread which covers my journey from starting demos to finally choosing the speakers in the end. Hopefully it'll be of help to you....

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/12631-5-1-setup-rs-50000-70000-a.html

Keep in mind that the Marantz AVR that you bought has a warm and sweet sound and the speakers you select will affect the final sound of the coming together of the AVR and Speaker sound signatures. Essentially if you know what sound you prefer then it'll be easier to make a decision however if you are not sure then its best to carry your AVR with you to demos to hear how it'll sound with different speaker combinations.

Best of luck and update us on your eventual choice...

Warm Regards,

Rana

Hi parora,

Do add the PSB Image series to your demo list. The suggested combo would be B6 + C5 + B4/B5. You may also look at the Alpha B1 + C1 + LR1 combo.

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/17109-new-avr-upto-80k-2.html#post238927

Also i'm putting up a link to my thread which covers my journey from starting demos to finally choosing the speakers in the end. Hopefully it'll be of help to you....

Keep in mind that the Marantz AVR that you bought has a warm and sweet sound and the speakers you select will affect the final sound of the coming together of the AVR and Speaker sound signatures. Essentially if you know what sound you prefer then it'll be easier to make a decision however if you are not sure then its best to carry your AVR with you to demos to hear how it'll sound with different speaker combinations.

Warm Regards,

Rana

Having known Pawan closely and his mode of selection and audition, its best that he carries his AVR.

Hi parora,

Warm Regards,

Rana

thank you for your response Rana, i have auditioned PSBs with NAD, and have not disliked them. I will take my Marantz along with me for a better sense. Completely agree with you.

Cheers,

Pawan

Gentlemen,

I have not updated the post while my search is still on. Before I do, i have a quick question, is Zone2 Of AVRs is equally capable in terms of SQ and SPL, ( not features, since it is a 2.0 sound). What say?

Cheers,

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back