Home theater Budget one lakh INR( and no more)

parora

Guys,

can someone suggest a HTS , budget is one lakh INR.Music and movies, 45 and 55% respectively. Brand no bar. should not be bulky.have 3 days to buy !!!

You can plan a visit to our demo room at Lajpat Nagar 2 where we can sit down and decide upon a setup for you in this budget.

In the mean while you can study about PSB Alpha and Image series speakers here. PSB Speakers | Music and Home Theater Loudspeakers

Or you can demo Violet Wireless Home theatre system at our place, for more information on it please visit this link : violet3d.com

Thanks
Ashish

@parora....

Please do visit lacozy,lajpat nagar. and also visit Bass N treble, dwarka....

both of them are very reputed dealers in delhi... you will find many good options at both the placed.

choose the system according to you taste....

visited TOP GIZMOs of NOIDA today, liked Infinity modulas with harmon kardan avr 255 combo, 55k for 5.1 speakers and 40 k for AV...IS THIS GOOD or an OVERKILL !!!suggestion please !!

visited TOP GIZMOs of NOIDA today, liked Infinity modulas with harmon kardan avr 255 combo, 55k for 5.1 speakers and 40 k for AV...IS THIS GOOD or an OVERKILL !!!suggestion please !!

you liked it?
then, you buy it!
overkill is an unnecessary mind-set, because if the mind is not satisfied, the system will not deliver what it should (according to you)

Shershah Sir,

concern was due to following reasons, first- i could not find infinity modulas on jbl/infinity india or international sites.second- dealer says, carton is broken( is he giving me used one??)..3rd i am not sure on av, which one i should go for 155 or 255 !!!! ofcourse, suggestions are most welcome.

AVR
Denon / Yamaha / Marantz / Pioneer
100 W at 8 ohms
Available between 25 to 40 k

Fronts (FS)
MA / Wharfedale / Mission / PSB
Price: @ 40 - 45 k

Rear (BS)
Price: @ 15 k

Centre
Price: @ 12 - 15 k

Search the Forum for the contacts where you can get them.

@parora-

You can try the following package. I have a similar package but I am driving them with Denon AVR 1611. I have a similar room dimension.

Denon AVR 1911- 44K

Front & Surrounds - Monitor Audio M1 bookshelfs 2 pairs - 22K

Center - Monitor Audio M centre - 9k

Sub Woofer - Monitor Audio MSW - 23K

Total - 98000(without discounts) You should be able get 10-15% discounts on the above prices.

The speaker package is excellent and the M series from Monitor Audio have good reviews. I felt the 1611 runs out of steam very easily. 1911 should be able to provide that extra juice. Got the entire package from The Audio People chennai.

Cheers
Sushanth

@parora-

You can try the following package. I have a similar package but I am driving them with Denon AVR 1611. I have a similar room dimension.

Denon AVR 1911- 44K

Front & Surrounds - Monitor Audio M1 bookshelfs 2 pairs - 22K

Center - Monitor Audio M centre - 9k

Sub Woofer - Monitor Audio MSW - 23K

Total - 98000(without discounts) You should be able get 10-15% discounts on the above prices.

The speaker package is excellent and the M series from Monitor Audio have good reviews. I felt the 1611 runs out of steam very easily. 1911 should be able to provide that extra juice. Got the entire package from The Audio People chennai.

Cheers
Sushanth

Thanks a lot Sushanth ! I live in Delhi, will have to find a local dealer. Today I visited the JBL distribuotrship, liked control now5, but something did not click with them. Trying to locate a dealer who has the above config.thanks again !

I have not heard any Harmon Kardon setup till date hence cant comment.

However Pioneer and Yamaha make excellent AVR. If you want a fair mix of Movies and Music- Yamaha would be a good option.

Some of the Pioneer top end models are excellent.

For movies my order of preference - onkyo > Denon > Pioneer > Yamaha > marantz

For movies and Music - Yamaha > Marantz > Pioneer > Denon > Onkyo

Of course the above comments are subjective to my tastes.

Cheers
Sushanth

@ parora

for MA, wharfdale, Polk audio & denon dealer is Bass N Treble(Dwarka).
for PSB you can check with Lacozy(Lajpat nager)
for denon and polk audio you can check with Profx as well.

again do audion as much you can before decide one...

BTW, how is harmon cardon AVR 255, 155 in comparisons with their counterparts in Denon / Yamaha / Marantz / Pioneer??

I am a big HK fan... the 155 and 255 are older models which were replaced in March last year in India. The 260 is a current model and is amazing. You should be able to get 10-15% off MSRP but not if you buy from the showroom. Look for other dealers, Top Gizmos is one of them.

Dear Sushanth,Kaypaji and Vinsks,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Looks to me that it is going to be a slow process( slower than what i thought it would be)

Have spoken to Ashish of Lacozy, will be able to visit him on 22nd Feb.

Top Gizmos, i have already been, the best they had in my budget was inifinity modulas which according to JBL distributor, is a discontinued model( that too long back). At JBL kalkaji, I went thru the demo of control now 5 , sounded too bright, and good for movies, but not so good for music.

I will plan a visit to Bass n Treble and Profx.Where is Profx but?

Another question is , is there something in-between for fronts possible? I mean which is bigger than the bookshelfs( and has better and more faithful reproduction of sound) and smaller than huge towers?

Do you guys have some ideas on this?

Cheers,

P

whatever you do
dont skimp on the amp
as stated above the denon 1611 does run out of steam

look for a solid powerful amp/avr - at least the denon 1911 or the onkyo 608 at miniumum

see if you can manage a couple floorstanders the likes of warfedales 9.5,Jamo C405 and a decent centre speaker
about the surrounds - dont bother too much just go out and buy the cheapest warfedale/jamo/ surrounds you can

dont bother too much if you cannot accomodate a sub for now(it eats too much into the budget)
You should be happy with the floorstanders unless you really like the bass

whatever you do
dont skimp on the amp
as stated above the denon 1611 does run out of steam

look for a solid powerful amp/avr - at least the denon 1911 or the onkyo 608 at miniumum

see if you can manage a couple floorstanders the likes of warfedales 9.5,Jamo C405 and a decent centre speaker
about the surrounds - dont bother too much just go out and buy the cheapest warfedale/jamo/ surrounds you can

dont bother too much if you cannot accomodate a sub for now(it eats too much into the budget)
You should be happy with the floorstanders unless you really like the bass

Hi Magma,

Sounds like a wise piece of advise. I will keep it in mind while releasing the money out of my pocket.

Cheers,

P

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back