Budget Surround System

TheDarkArcher

Could someone please suggest a good surround sound system, preferably 7 channel, under 3 lakh.
I prefer clarity over volume, too loud makes my head hurt.
I mostly listen to music and watch a few movies/shows.
I tried a 6 lakh focal 5.1 system but I couldn't bear 40-45% volume for more than a minute or two.
Which made me lower my budget by half as that should give me an optimal balance of power with a good margin.

May I know which Focals were those ? I had Focal Aria 926 based HT setup and they were not harsh at all & were run close to 5/10db on Denon AVR. I am guessing it might be combination of incorrect audyssey setting and the demo space setup which would be the core reason.

Also some details in your room size might help in getting better suggestions especially on the sub.

Keep auditioning the systems and trust your ears && decide the best suite your taste.
Some of the systems to consider : Monitor Audio ,Wharfedale , Dali , ..etc.
Indian made speakers that also quite good : Indiq audio , Sonodyne ..etc.
if your room size is more than 12*12 then consider going for Floor standers or you can stick with Bookshelves speakers.
If you want more kick in BASS consider SVS/XTZ/REL/ Rythemic 12" subs - they are slightly expensive though.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back