home-theater subwoofer build - rhythmik?

Normally a group buy of this type is for a consolidated purchase with shipping to a single address for the vendor. So you may want to figure out how many people may come on board and then talk to Danny for a final price.

Normally a group buy of this type is for a consolidated purchase with shipping to a single address for the vendor. So you may want to figure out how many people may come on board and then talk to Danny for a final price.
That is the whole idea.
will it mean increased customs as it may look like a commercial consignment if there are 5-10 units?
Good question. Hope someone more knowledgeable would answer that.

I went recently to the mumbai international post office there is a customs office there...
the clerks are helpful if you go personally..
the addl commissioner just asked me if the parcel was a gift and since the value of the item i was getting released was less than Rs10000/- he had no problems in quickly releasing it :)
so anything over Rs 10k would attract customs.
these guys consider the declared cost but estimate the cost of the consignment based on their own evaluation as well...

IMHO the best option would be a group buy for bargaining on the price and individual shipments to different places for nil customs duty...

my two cents..

here's another good deal.

GR Research 12" sub (two of them) and a SA-1 Plate amp for sale for 280$
1 sub and a plate amp for sale at 200$
check forums at audio circle.

isn't this a foam surround? my experience with them in our climate has been terrible! have you guys had better experience of these?

isn't this a foam surround? my experience with them in our climate has been terrible! have you guys had better experience of these?

whoops!!

wonder why nobody thought of that!

if it is a foam surround (and even if the company says 'superior foam') - it will not last - as kapvin says.

in the later stages - cockroaches seem to love it.

pardon my ignorance . i couldnt find the palce where it mentions that GR research SW12B woofers have foam surrounds...

hi tally3tally -

looks like kapvin looked at the pictures of the GR research SW12B woofers and felt that they looked like foam surrounds -

when i looked at the photographs it seemed to me also that they are foam surrounds - foam surrounds have a way of scattering light when photographed -

better to confirm from an actual user what surround it is.

regds

pardon my ignorance . i couldnt find the palce where it mentions that GR research SW12B woofers have foam surrounds...

if it looks like foam, smells like foam, it is foam..

:)

but seriously.. here's a linky..

[Help Needed] Another "Musical Sub" Thread! - Club Polk

look at post 20 & 21. they refer to the servo version, but the non servo version is essentially similar and has the same cone and surround material!

Last edited:
@rajesh i asked for a quote from danny about the gr12 sub ...2 of them and a plate amp
i was given a quote of $325 ...n thats not the best part.....this is just the shipping...cost of drivers and plate amp is extra :eek:

@rajesh i asked for a quote from danny about the gr12 sub ...2 of them and a plate amp
i was given a quote of $325 ...n thats not the best part.....this is just the shipping...cost of drivers and plate amp is extra :eek:
Did you try to get a quote using Borderlinx cost calculator to ship to India? You will need the shipped weight and packed dimensions of the plate amp and the subs to get an approximate quote.

I am planning a DIY subwoofer build based on the Shiva driver and plan to use Borderlinx.

$325 just for shipping!!!! Something is seriously wrong somewhere?

The way to do it is to get the whole lot shipped in bulk to Borderlinx, with each lot packed and labelled to each buyer, and then ask them to break it up and ship it in smaller lots. Also, doing the driver and amp separately is possible-www.apexjr has very good value for mone amps-I use one of their-the Apex Senior which is priced at $150. So what might make sense is to have each billed separately and shipped through Borderlinx.

I have dealt with Kevin at diycable and can ask him for a group price for the Shiva which is priced at $195 now. Only question is how many are serious buyers for a group buy? I am now in NY and can call and talk to him, if you guys want me to, once I know more.

Cheers

George

The way to do it is to get the whole lot shipped in bulk to Borderlinx, with each lot packed and labelled to each buyer, and then ask them to break it up and ship it in smaller lots. Also, doing the driver and amp separately is possible-www.apexjr has very good value for mone amps-I use one of their-the Apex Senior which is priced at $150. So what might make sense is to have each billed separately and shipped through Borderlinx.

I have dealt with Kevin at diycable and can ask him for a group price for the Shiva which is priced at $195 now. Only question is how many are serious buyers for a group buy? I am now in NY and can call and talk to him, if you guys want me to, once I know more.

Cheers

George

Thanks George. Count me in for a group buy, but not group shipping. I do not want to deal with customs issues by group shipping to India.

You mentioned $195, but the price still shows $238
DIYCable.com : Intro Home Exodus Subwoofers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back