home-theater subwoofer build - rhythmik?

Its not light-I nearly wrenched my arm out of my socket while handling mine! It is listed at 35 lbs shipping. The carton and foam are of minimal weight,so I assume it should weigh 31-32 lbs net. I didnt examine it carefully before transferring it into a suitcase to check in when I leave NY later today.Since I plan to replace another driver in an existing 75 lts PR enclosure, I dont consider mine a new build, so I will wait for Santhosh to post photographs etc.

>congrats on the version 2 of an icon! could you give a sense of the wt and cost through borderlinx as well as the duty..

Returned home after a 4 day trip to find that the shiva x2 subwoofer driver has landed at my place

This will be my first audio related DIY and will be documented on a new thread when I am ready. Have a lot of reading to do befor I commence. The plan is to build a musical sub that can be used for HT as well if there is such a thing. Focus will be to get it to work with my B&W DM610s for 2.1 listening though.

Hey Santosh, that is a pleasant surprise. I'll be very interested in this DIY journey of yours. All the best.

congrats on the version 2 of an icon! could you give a sense of the wt and cost through borderlinx as well as the duty..
Kapil, Borderlinx charges were Rs.93xx. Weight is ~ 14 Kgs shipped.

good going santhol2 - post pictures of the drivers and the cabinet (at each stage of construction)

i will do the same on this thread with my subwoofer

Will do Suri. Driver is heavy like George mentioned. Intend to start this sometime in Jan when I have my carpenter over for some other work at home. Would have also finalised the plan by then. Will post the pics of the driver tonight.

Hey Santosh, that is a pleasant surprise. I'll be very interested in this DIY journey of yours. All the best.

Thanks Captain for the kind words and support.

Will post the pics of the driver tonight.
Some pics of the Shiva X2 sub-woofer:

IMG00032-20101129-2244.jpg

IMG00033-20101129-2245.jpg

Note the two sets of terminals (Dual Voice Coil)
IMG00034-20101129-2246.jpg

IMG00035-20101129-2246.jpg

IMG00036-20101129-2246.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality mobile phone pics.

Last edited:
Hi Santhosh

Good to know that it came in fine..Mine also came in ok- I packed the foam on both sides and placed it in a suitcase, to ensure that it had enough protection..Barring the TSA inspection at JFK( only evident because they put in an inspection slip in my bag) it looks as if it came in like I packed it. It IS a big brute of a sub, that's for sure. For more info, look here: http://www.diycable.com/main/pdf/ShivaX2.pdf

My cellphone seems to have back from NY sans charger, so I may be out of touch for some time (until I get a replacement)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back