Home Theater Suggestion Needed

rdeepakk

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to buy a 5.1 Home Theater and have no prior knowledge abt Home Theater systems.

Had visited some stores and got demo of some systems a year back and was impressed with
1.Yamaha YHT 2910
2. Onkyo TX-SR 313 + SKS HT528
3. Denon X 500+ BA XS 5.1

I've not started visiting the stores now. Wanted to get some suggestions before I go for demo.

The primary usage is for Movies and occasionally music. My living room size is 11'x19'. I'm based out of Bangalore and my budget is around 45k. Can you please suggest me a good system within this price range.

Thanks in advance

third choice looks good to me
or if you decided to go step by step
then any AVR(say pioneer around 25-30K)plus front 2 speaker(around 10k-15k)
center, woofer,and rear as per funds avbl

Thanks for the suggestion. PLanning to check BA XS with Denon/Pioneer combo by this weekend. Meanwhile had the demo of the following

Denon avr x520bt+polk rm6750 speakers comes to around 60k
Yamaha htr-3067+polk rm6750 speakers comes to around 50k
Onkyo TX SR-343+SKS-HT528 comes 54k
onky HT-S3700 comes around 37k
Yamaha YHT 299 - 35k

I liked Denon+polk the most even though it goes way over my budget. Just have to decide if Onkyo or Yamaha is enough or if Denon+polk is worth spending more.

You have it listed in the order of priority :) . I will put YHT299 above S3700 anyday

Denon plus Polk is generally regarded as good combination for movies . And I think it will be worth spending more on this .
Advise :don't listen systems which are above your budget even if store force you to do that otherwise you will end up spending more than twice your budget :(

Hi,

Regardless of the countless systems on sale, audition the ones which appeal to you in appearance and budget...then decide and shortlist those who perform well...trust your ears...the dealers or others are not going to be the ones hearing your system @ home...it is you and your immediate loved ones so make sure you decide appropriately. All the best

Meanwhile had the demo of the following

Denon avr x520bt+polk rm6750 speakers comes to around 60k
Yamaha htr-3067+polk rm6750 speakers comes to around 50k
Onkyo TX SR-343+SKS-HT528 comes 54k
onky HT-S3700 comes around 37k
Yamaha YHT 299 - 35k

Could you please let me know where you had the demo for these systems in B'lore? I am looking for a HTiB and looking for a multi-brand stores, preferably in south of bangalore.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Could you please let me know where you had the demo for these systems in B'lore? I am looking for a HTiB and looking for a multi-brand stores, preferably in south of bangalore.

Please visit HTstore (SMR Mansion, 1st Floor,28, 3rd Cross Road J P, JP Nagar 7th Phase, J P Nagar, Bengaluru) to have Audition for Multi Brands.

I've gone for Denon avr x520bt+polk rm6750 speakers for 60k. It's been very good for music, but looks like I need to play around the settings a bit for movies. Thanks everyone for the suggestion and help :)

Sorry for the delayed response. Most shops have certain brands.
Profx in Barton Center had Denon and Yamaha.
In Barton Center itself you can check out Onkyo showroom.
HT Store in JP nagar had Marantz,Denon,Yamaha.

Ok Congrats on the purchase, Good Decision. 60k seems alright. Though the subwoofer was not that great when i auditioned, plus it might not suffice for your room as its just 50W subwoofer, nonetheless experiment and see how everything goes. Also note you need to buy some good cables for speakers and subwoofer as nothing will come included in the package.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back