Home theater Suggestions - Budget around 30K

sudhy98

Hello ppl

I am looking for Home theater around 30K budget.

I have these things in mind

First Option:

HTR 3067 Receiver - Listed for 25.7K - getting around 23K after discount

http://www.ebay.in/itm/YAMAHA-HTR-3...510774?hash=item3ac58dd8b6:g:nnQAAOSwOVpXXXac

Yamaha 5.1 speakers with sub - Listed for 12.9K - getting around 11K after discount.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Yamaha-5-1-H...674214?hash=item236b841766:g:c6cAAOSwOVpXbV1S

So getting this combo for 34K.

My second option:

YHT 196 - heard many good reviews from friends, and auditioned it as well.

getting for 24K on amazon.in

Wishlist:

Searched alot for Onkyo HT S3700 (priced 30K ) but No stock available :(

Onkyo HT S3800 - priced at 39K - Dealer discount price - 37K but has a one waiting time after booking it.(also budget constraints)

So guys please provide your comments and suggest me a good home theater around this budget, I am basically looking for good Surround sound and good music.

I am also open for Home theater with Blueray player, if there is any better than the above listed.

My Options under such blueray home theaters -

Samsung J5550
Philips HTB5580

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi

You need to audition with your kind of music and movie scene to get an idea of what each of these systems sound like....everyone has their personal preferences....

Have you checked Reliance Digital? Usually they have great offers and combos which may just work in your favour.....

Check what all you expect from the AVR in terms of performance, connectivity and then make an informed decision to purchase the said model.....

If budget is a real challenge, see For sale by owner or Hifiads.com

Hello ppl

I am looking for Home theater around 30K budget.

Yamaha 196 I guess is now a bit old, 299 is a more modern toy. Reliance digital should be able to provide you with a demo.

If you are seeing the All in Ones, then take a look at Blu-ray Home Theatre System with Bluetooth
BDV-E3200
. It also comes with an Optical Input which could be used with your set top box for surround sound in HD channels. Plus as 28k is well within your budget, allowing you to pick a BluRay disk to showoff ;).

MaSh

Last edited:
First Option:

HTR 3067 Receiver - Listed for 25.7K - getting around 23K after discount

Yamaha HTR 3067 AV Receiver 5 1 CH Cinema DSP Extra Bass 4K Ultra HD Hdmi 3D | eBay

Yamaha 5.1 speakers with sub - Listed for 12.9K - getting around 11K after discount.

Yamaha 5 1 Home Theater Speaker Package With 1 YR Warranty Bill Free Shipping | eBay

So getting this combo for 34K.

The speaker package you have mentioned contains PASSIVE subwoofer and will not work with HTR 3067 !
Since you are in tight budget get this--

Pioneer VSX 330 for 21K here and Monoprice 8247 for 16K = almost 37K
For speaker package you can also get taga harmony 506 for almost 18K OR highly acclaimed Logitech Z906 for 17K

Thanks for the suggestion, I went to almost all the Reliance digital stores in Hyderabad :p
They have very good offers on some models and with a tag "Last Piece" but when i asked to show me that its working so that I can grab, they never worked :(

Yamaha 196 I guess is now a bit old, 299 is a more modern toy. Reliance digital should be able to provide you with a demo.

If you are seeing the All in Ones, then take a look at Blu-ray Home Theatre System with Bluetooth
BDV-E3200
. It also comes with an Optical Input which could be used with your set top box for surround sound in HD channels. Plus as 28k is well within your budget, allowing you to pick a BluRay disk to showoff ;).

MaSh

299 is very hard to find here @ Hyderabad, checked in all the Reliance digital stores, online they are priced at 40K :|

3200, ill demo it today, dint like the look though :p

Thanks for the suggestion, I went to almost all the Reliance digital stores in Hyderabad :p
They have very good offers on some models and with a tag "Last Piece" but when i asked to show me that its working so that I can grab, they never worked :(

Never worked as in, they refused to demo or you did not like?

"The speaker package you have mentioned contains PASSIVE subwoofer and will not work with HTR 3067 !
Since you are in tight budget get this--

Pioneer VSX 330 for 21K here and Monoprice 8247 for 16K = almost 37K
For speaker package you can also get taga harmony 506 for almost 18K OR highly acclaimed Logitech Z906 for 17K
"

Thanks for pointing it out!!..I'll probably look into other options

Hey, so I am looking at similar options as you, with a similar budget (I can stretch to 40k if really worth it). I have opened a thread too (Comprehensive home theatre requirement is the topic)

If you are getting the receiver and speakers anyway, why not consider the Yamaha 1810?

Yamaha 5.1-Channel Pwerful and Stylish Surround System YHT-1810 Price: Buy Yamaha 5.1-Channel Pwerful and Stylish Surround System YHT-1810 Online in India -Amazon.in

Here is the link - I am seriously considering getting this - it is 32k, and Amazon discounts are starting midnight tonight, if nothing else HDFC is giving some 15% cash back (will have to see upto what max amount), so should definitely fit the budget. If you search the higher model, YHT-299 that's available too for 40k (minus whatever discount comes up)

I tried looking for Onyko too, but nobody seems to be having it. Apparently there's some supply and parts issue in India, so I would be wary of getting a brand without after sales.

Only thing to check is whether Yamaha will service warranty if I buy on amazon; something I haven't been able to find out yet.

Hey, so I am looking at similar options as you, with a similar budget (I can stretch to 40k if really worth it). I have opened a thread too (Comprehensive home theatre requirement is the topic)

If you are getting the receiver and speakers anyway, why not consider the Yamaha 1810?

Yamaha 5.1-Channel Pwerful and Stylish Surround System YHT-1810 Price: Buy Yamaha 5.1-Channel Pwerful and Stylish Surround System YHT-1810 Online in India -Amazon.in

Here is the link - I am seriously considering getting this - it is 32k, and Amazon discounts are starting midnight tonight, if nothing else HDFC is giving some 15% cash back (will have to see upto what max amount), so should definitely fit the budget. If you search the higher model, YHT-299 that's available too for 40k (minus whatever discount comes up)

I tried looking for Onyko too, but nobody seems to be having it. Apparently there's some supply and parts issue in India, so I would be wary of getting a brand without after sales.

Only thing to check is whether Yamaha will service warranty if I buy on amazon; something I haven't been able to find out yet.

I heard there is not much diff between 1810 and 196.
Also if you are serious on 1810, Reliance digital is offering at 30k itself plus they can give discount. Yamaha is not offering warranty for online purchases. I might settle down with 196 on Amazon (~23k on Amazon and seller is reliance digital itself) but will give a try for 299 at another RD outlets here.

Something,ill wrap up during these sales itself..Keep us posted on your pick too

Hi

If you are going for Yamaha products, ensure that Yamaha India warranty is clearly provided / mentioned....often online purchases mention SELLER warranty (which in most cases don't really work) ....You need to look out for MANUFACTURER warranty to avail full benefits...

Typically warranty in India is 1 year...some offer 2-3 years depending on which brand / product.....if AVR / Speakers are used in the intended way and within its limits, nothing really goes wrong with it for years to come.....

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back