Recommendation Needed for Budget Home Audio around 30K

tiwarishubhank

Hi All,
I am new to this Forum. To be honest , don't understand much technicalities of audio world, but love hearing beautiful sound systems. I currently own a 2.1 Altec Lancing which is almost 15 years old but still sounds the same bought for my desktop and now use with my laptop. Still love its sound. Come from a small town and have only heard a Yamaha System (from so many niche audio brands) in a store which was amazing.
I am in need for a speaker system for my bedroom which can fill the room and more, like when i want to listen to it while i am in other rooms.
Not able to decide what should i go for a 2.1 , 5.1 or Stereo Amps with Speakers (Learned this term yesterday:) ) or AV receivers.
I need bluetooth connectivity & TV connectivity and my budget is around 30K.

As for usage, it will mostly be used for music via bluetooth, TV will be like 20% of the time.
It costs above your budget but check out q acoustics m20.
for music stereo is the best bet. But for your budget a good 2.1 is hard to get. You can go with 2.0 if bass is not a priority.
Edit: both Qacoustics and Elac seem to have sub outs. You can add a subwoofer now or later sometime.

Some different types of options:
1. Q Acoustics M20 is a solid one-box solution in 43-45 K. In-built DAC and Amp. Connect the source and you are good to go.
2. Marantz PM5005/PM6006 (older models) with Q Acoustics 3020i or Fyne Audio F301. - Newer amp models are pricier after COVID is over. - Setup 50 K or so
3. Sony BDV-N7200/9200 are the 2 best home theatre systems (with Blu-ray player) with surprisingly quite good audio capability for music listening. But, no other home theatre or soundbar will come close, provided you reach the level of Naim or Sonos. I think these 2 models are either discontinued or on the verge of discontinuation. Grab one of these if you find it. - 40-55 K
4. My best option would have been Marantz PM6006/PM6007 with Monoprice MP-65RT. These Monoprice are such an inexpensive pair of speakers (50-75 USD, INR 12000 or so), but with Ribbon tweeter. With Marantz in Loudness mode, these speakers can beat any speaker (compared with Q Acoustics, Fyne Audio, Dali, Wharfedale, and B&W 606 S2) worth 4-5 times more. Unfortunately, these are discontinued by the company. Try Jamsticks India, they might have it.
If option 3 or 4 are not possible, go with option 1.

Guys thank you for such amazing response. I know you have recommended best suitable. But still most of them are out of my budget at least for now.
If you don't mind, how's Yamaha YHT-1840 home theater. It is showing around 38K in amazon??

Hi All,
I am new to this Forum. To be honest , don't understand much technicalities of audio world, but love hearing beautiful sound systems. I currently own a 2.1 Altec Lancing which is almost 15 years old but still sounds the same bought for my desktop and now use with my laptop. Still love its sound. Come from a small town and have only heard a Yamaha System (from so many niche audio brands) in a store which was amazing.
I am in need for a speaker system for my bedroom which can fill the room and more, like when i want to listen to it while i am in other rooms.
Not able to decide what should i go for a 2.1 , 5.1 or Stereo Amps with Speakers (Learned this term yesterday:) ) or AV receivers.
I need bluetooth connectivity & TV connectivity and my budget is around 30K.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here! Nice to have FMs with awesome talent used professionally.

All the best!

Guys thank you for such amazing response. I know you have recommended best suitable. But still most of them are out of my budget at least for now.
If you don't mind, how's Yamaha YHT-1840 home theater. It is showing around 38K in amazon??

If it is music listening only then you are better off with a 2.0 or 2.1 speaker system which can deliver sound same or better than the Altec Lansing you have. There are many options and FMs (Forum Members) have shared some suggestions.

If budget is limited, look at the pre owned market (OLX / Classifieds) you may just get something better for an affordable price.

YHT 1840 is fine for bedroom. But do you want to do the wiring for rear speakers?

It is good but you need to add a bluetooth module separately. Besides, for music 2.0 or 2.1 is still better, in my opinion.

If strictly on budget, Go for Edifer or Swans or PreSonus Actives. JBL also has some actives in your budget.
Can manage 4-5K extra, but dont want to go beyond that. As, I said i liked the sound of my old Altec lansing speakers, so i really dont know whether even I would be qualified enough to tell differences between such systems which all you guys have recommended. Its the first time i am hearing all these names, where nobody talks about regular audio brands (obviously inferior products) :). So in my mind i have a requirement of having a beautiful speaker set, which can play music perfectly (Mostly Indian).
So i think from recommendations, whichever will be close to my budget , will more than enough satisfy my requirements.

Considering the placement is in your bedroom, I don’t think you would need a 5.1 system. What u might need is a 2 channel integrated amp or a 2.1 if u have space to keep a subwoofer and ur neighbours below don’t have an issue with their roof about to break ;).

You could get a Fosi Audio Amp with Bluetooth or Aiyima D03 as your amp and go for a budget bookshelf speaker from Micca or something. Do remember to check audio options for your TV and see if they are supported on your amp. If you are into music streaming, throw in a wiim mini for all your casting needs. Perhaps go to the second hand speaker market to up the quality a bit more.

Hi Shubhank
If you are ok with used gear I can offer you my current set up . Marantz PM 6006 and NHT Super ones just for 36k +shipping. They aren't very old.

Hi Shubhank
If you are ok with used gear I can offer you my current set up . Marantz PM 6006 and NHT Super ones just for 36k +shipping. They aren't very old.
To the OP
C'mon boss
There's no way you should miss this

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back