Home theater under 50k

Hi guys, Found some reviews of Htp 076 on amazon.com that say subwoofer and speakers are not good.

I see subwoofers on both Onkyo S3910 & HTP076 are 6inch Down-firing design passive subwoofer. Which is bit of letdown with these package.

However they have provided Subwoofer pre-out in AVR, Just in case you find the packages subwoofer are lacking. You can always add active subwoofers later too using pre-out, which is +ve.

Based on the above information now I am also considering going for step by step upgrade of the AV system. Let me know what are the essential elements that I need to start with and later I can add channels.

As @sujithblaze said. In my experience the ideal way forward would be - (strictly my opinion as I would perhaps do it):

Start with the foundation, an AVR - capable of delivering all that you want - the 4K, HDRs, DTS, Atmos, 7,2 channel, magical experience :) - look at Denons maybe; I find them pretty good value for money. Then provided your space and requirements, go with the fronts - preferably floor standers, but there are some serious bookshelves out there too. Floorstanders, however can help you procastinate your sub requirement for some time. Investing in some decent bookshelves can also help you at-least start if budget is a constraint. Once you are ready to add more, buy the floor standers and push the bookshelves for surround.

Center is perhaps where you want to go after all that, as it is crucial (in my understanding) for a great movie experience. I would go with the sub in the end. As I have in the past realized that if you have decent enough fronts, sometimes, the need for subs can be eliminated. I have a subs being used as makeshift table in my HT setup for keeping remotes. As my HT room is not very large and the sub is an overkill over the floorstanders.

AND BTW - keep an eye on the used - for sale section - you can get some great gear in immaculate condition for cheap.

Hi,
I am a newbie. I was interested in getting a good quality system. I have read about AV receivers and HTB. My usage is Netflix, Amazon Prime, USB, DTH , MUSIC apps for watching movies and enjoying music.
Can I get Dolby Atmos, 4K, HDR setup in this price range?
Plz suggest.
If you are okay with used speakers then a guy from Mumbai is selling Polk RTi A7 floor standing speaker pair and Polk Csi a4 center speaker for 55k on OLX. It's a hell of a deal, the online combined price for both is 80-90K

Hi,
I received following quotation from pro FX.
Option 1
RTIA3 bookshelf 32,000
CSIA4 center 23,000
FXIA4 surround 33,000
Atmos RC60i 16,000
Denon AVR X 1600 67,900
Subwoofer 440 24,000
They have Polk and kef .
They are offering 10% discount and free installation.
I request FMs to advise on this.

if you have increased your budget, then you can have a look at yamaha 585/685 for 48k/54k respectively for avr and taga harmony 606 se/806 for 39k/48k respectively. Both of these are 5.0 speaker package and 806 have enough bass that you can use them without sub for a good amount of time.

I am using taga 806 5.0 and they are pretty good for thier price.

if you have increased your budget, then you can have a look at yamaha 585/685 for 48k/54k respectively for avr and taga harmony 606 se/806 for 39k/48k respectively. Both of these are 5.0 speaker package and 806 have enough bass that you can use them without sub for a good amount of time.

I am using taga 806 5.0 and they are pretty good for thier price.
Yes, budget is 1 lac after realising 50k is too low.
A few doubts still longer.How Are these Polk compared to Qaccoustics 30x0, Elac B5.2, Mission LX-2/Qx2, Dali spektor 2 and similar bookshelf.
Also the sales guy mentioned that we are giving installation free , does it cost much to install.
Overall discount of 10% looks too low to me shall I buy from online stores say hifimart. Will I get support services?
I emailed hifimart asking service centre availability in Ahmedabad for major brands but did not receive any useful info, only generic reply.

Hi,
I received following quotation from pro FX.
Option 1
RTIA3 bookshelf 32,000
CSIA4 center 23,000
FXIA4 surround 33,000
Atmos RC60i 16,000
Denon AVR X 1600 67,900
Subwoofer 440 24,000
They have Polk and kef .
They are offering 10% discount and free installation.
I request FMs to advise on this.

Not sure why th denon 1600H is sold for 67K. I got Denon 2600H for 55k from a local dealer and ooberpad quoted me 58K. 2600 is a higher version. FXi A4 is a bipole/dipole speaker and you might want to do research on it, it needs to be placed in a proper location to get max effect. Also remember local dealer quotes will be less than any online stores.

Sent you a message, check it out.

Last edited:
Can FMs guide me on sound quality of RTiA3 and CSiA4.
csi a4 is good, although i dont have any reference to compare it with other speaker but i have listened it with polk tsi 500 and sound was good. No idea about rti a3.

Not sure why th denon 1600H is sold for 67K. I got Denon 2600H for 55k from a local dealer and ooberpad quoted me 58K. 2600 is a higher version. FXi A4 is a bipole/dipole speaker and you might want to do research on it, it needs to be placed in a proper location to get max effect. Also remember local dealer quotes will be less than any online stores.

Sent you a message, check it out.
Hi,
Actually for my case all local dealer prices are higher than hifimart.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back