denon dbp-1610- rs 22000
pioneer dvd dbp - 2010- rs 32000

av receiver
denon avr 3310a- rs 1.05 lakhs
marantz sr 8002 - rs 87500

projector

sanyo z 3000: 1080p lcd projector 1.5 l plus tax
optoma hd 803 1.68 laks plus tax

please advise which are the above mentioned to be selected.

is it better to go for the 7.1 package or to select a seperate subwoofer from a well known player

plzz advise

Speakers: Between the two I would lean towards Swan speakers. Also ask your uncle to consider speakers from companies such as DefTech, Martin Logan, and at this price, even B&W. You must also insist that your uncle audition a few speakers before he confirms.

Blu-Ray Player: An Oppo BD-80 or BD-83 would be a better choice. Is your uncle also looking for a media player? Then something like a Dune would give him both Blu-Ray as well as media playing capabilities.

AV Receiver: If there is not too much hurry, it might be worthwhile to wait till Sept. New models will be coming out and they provide additional features.

Projector: Both options are good. You can also look at Epson which is also very popular.

Package: Companies such as Hsu, SVS, and other make better subs than most speaker companies. So if your uncle has the energy to take a little effort, it does make sense to look for a sub woofer from such companies.

Cheers

Last edited:
In addition to Venkat's advice, I also think your uncle should consider getting the HT room prepared -acoustic tiles, carpeting etc, to get the most out of it. I'm assuming that it is dedicated room.

In addition to Venkat's advice, I also think your uncle should consider getting the HT room prepared -acoustic tiles, carpeting etc, to get the most out of it. I'm assuming that it is dedicated room.

es its a dedicated home theatre room

thx for the advise

will get back soon

I think it is better to go for popular projectors other then Sanyo and it would be better to keep away from 7.1 , 5.1 is most popular for fair reasons.

V.

hi this babu
projector

sanyo z 3000: 1080p lcd projector 1.5 l plus tax
optoma hd 803 1.68 laks plus tax

is it better to go for the 7.1 package or to select a seperate subwoofer from a well known player

Hello Babu,

Since you have such a excellent budget, it will never ever make good sense to spend so much without you taking care for what George is saying, so in such a situation you have a long way to go, forget about even thinking of buying the gadgets because to do up the room itself will take a long time.

Best of luck. :)

V.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back