Home theatre buying guide- sony bdv e3200 vs JBL sb350

debojitk

Hi,
I live in India. I plan to buy a decent sound system.
In my budget I found the above two system. Could anybody help me selecting one?
Please note I dont have that much craving for home theater, so i prefer to have good quality sound with thumping bass, instead of features, so that if required i can convert my home into a disc with real loud sound :).

Thanks in advance.
Debojit

Both of the systems you have shortlisted are additions to a TV for home theater.
If you are not looking for home theater, why not pick up a pre-owned integrated amp with pre-owned bookshelf speakers. They will give you the loudness with base for music.

Just don't play too loud for extended periods of time. You may damage your hearing.

Cheers,
Raghu

Both of the systems you have shortlisted are additions to a TV for home theater.
If you are not looking for home theater, why not pick up a pre-owned integrated amp with pre-owned bookshelf speakers. They will give you the loudness with base for music.

Just don't play too loud for extended periods of time. You may damage your hearing.

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks Raghu,
Are you talking about any guitar amp or something, btw I don't have any preowned amps/speakers. As I said I m looking for sound with distortion free bass effect. Would you please suggest accordingly.

Thanks,
Debojit

By pre-owned I mean used or second hand equipment.
A simple stereo integrated amp with decent book shelf speakers should come within 30K.
I am saying 30K because the 2 systems you picked are in this price range. Such a setup will play well at moderate volumes and also work as a party machine if need be.

Any system played loud enough will cause distortion.
Loudness can destroy your electronics (which is replaceable), but more importantly it can damage hearing (irreplaceable).

Please see threads in amplifier section of this forum. There is a wealth of information there. To advise you better, FMs need basic information such as the one in this sticky thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/8143-format-asking-avr-questions.html

Cheers,
Raghu

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back