Home theatre hunt

You may consider speakers like SVS Prime Elevation as ceiling speakers. It comes with Multi-Angle Wall/Ceiling Mount and Ceiling mount insert kit. You don't need false ceiling to install them. The are angled speakers and you can install them in from of listening position and direct towards listener. You may get better bass response from enclosure compared to false ceiling mount speaker which is not having enclosure.

As mentioned by few others on this thread, ceiling speakers are going to make good difference to movies if you are going to use Atmos, DTS:X content. Even if in case of non-Atmos/DTS:X content Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X modes can be used which will send audio to ceiling speakers.

There are other brands also having elevation type angled speakers, but not sure whether they have Ceiling mount brackets.
Can these speakers used as front height speakers ?

Pict FrontHeight SP Layout X~_ZHOBILpnupsqdk.pngPict FrontHeight SP Layout X~_ZHOBILpnupsqdk.png

Yes, very well.
SVS Prime Elevation Speakers can be used as height speakers as well.
Same Multi-Angle wall bracket can be used.

Cheers for the info, any alternatives to this SVS, I mean in terms of price.
I have not heard SVS prime ellevation personally.Its having very good reviews globally. But here in our Country its price is very high when compared to abroad price (This is only -ve I feel).
The other option for heights can be Dali Alteco -C1 .I'm using it (Not saying because I'm owning it ).Its a good one for the price and its versatile one and have option for mounting as surrounds ,heights and on ceiling too (with an additional screw/nail) .U can able change the angle of firing by a switch on/off (if required ) provided by the manufacturer.
Between front heights and ceiling ,the best is ceiling mount for Atmos installation. In terms of Indian pricing Dali Alteco is approx 0.6x of SVS ellevation speaker price.

If u still want low price ,then sonodyne sonus 3540 can be checked ,which will be also can perform good to its price .(I was using this for past 2 years as Top Middle speakers for 5.2.2 Atmos earlier .Now Its been doing the duty of Voice Of GOD of my Auro3d 10.2 setup.

Do an audition possibly and select the speakers .

Last edited:
I have not heard SVS prime ellevation personally.Its having very good reviews globally. But here in our Country its price is very high when compared to abroad price (This is only -ve I feel).
The other option for heights can be Dali Alteco -C1 .I'm using it (Not saying because I'm owning it ).Its a good one for the price and its versatile one and have option for mounting as surrounds ,heights and on ceiling too (with an additional screw/nail) .U can able change the angle of firing by a switch on/off (if required ) provided by the manufacturer.
Between front heights and ceiling ,the best is ceiling mount for Atmos installation. In terms of Indian pricing Dali Alteco is approx 0.6x of SVS ellevation speaker price.

If u still want low price ,then sonodyne sonus 3540 can be checked ,which will be also can perform good to its price .(I was using this for past 2 years as Top Middle speakers for 5.2.2 Atmos earlier .Now Its been doing the duty of Voice Of GOD of my Auro3d 10.2 setup.

Do an audition possibly and select the speakers .
Thanks for the valuable inputs Ranjith, already started looking into Sonus 3540.Just completed my 5.2 and sounds awesome, since is don't have false sealing I need to look for speakers that can be wall mount angle towards the listeners but my only concern is will it have enough reach towards the listeners.

Thanks for the valuable inputs Ranjith, already started looking into Sonus 3540.Just completed my 5.2 and sounds awesome, since is don't have false sealing I need to look for speakers that can be wall mount angle towards the listeners but my only concern is will it have enough reach towards the listeners.
Then Try Sonodyne 3540,since its already has speacial brackets which is provided by manufacturer for mounting either on ceiling /heights ,it can be angled towards ur listening position. Follow Atmos HT guidelines ,Best shall be CEILING mounting 45 degree on either side of your listening position.(FOR 5.2.4)

Then Try Sonodyne 3540,since its already has speacial brackets which is provided by manufacturer for mounting either on ceiling /heights ,it can be angled towards ur listening position. Follow Atmos HT guidelines ,Best shall be CEILING mounting 45 degree on either side of your listening position.(FOR 5.2.4)
Thats also in consideration, fall sealing look cheaper these days and fix it as per the requirements.

Thats also in consideration, fall sealing look cheaper these days and fix it as per the requirements.
if False ceiling is done that needs to be done very good. Otherwise u may hear lot of vibrations noises due to LFE .
If False ceiling is not done then , on-ceiling speakers like Sonodyne /Alteco /SVS ellevation are the options to try.

if False ceiling is done that needs to be done very good. Otherwise u may hear lot of vibrations noises due to LFE .
If False ceiling is not done then , on-ceiling speakers like Sonodyne /Alteco /SVS ellevation are the options to try.
Does this vibration happens with most of the speakers ?

Its not the speakers vibration ,Its about the false ceiling (if not installed properly ) which may vibrate because of LFE produced by Sub woofers .

Its not the speakers vibration ,Its about the false ceiling (if not installed properly ) which may vibrate because of LFE produced by Sub woofers .
You mean the sub placed on the floor give vibrations to false sealing?My though was getting insealing speakers in case I go with fall sealing.

You mean the sub placed on the floor give vibrations to false sealing?My though was getting insealing speakers in case I go with fall sealing.
"]You mean the sub placed on the floor give vibrations to false sealing?
Yes there is a chance.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back