Home theatre in 40K

achilles08

Hello all,

I am planning for a Home Theatre setup within 40K. I have searched the internet and this amazing forum. I understood that with my budget there are very few i could go for. I have zeroed on Yamaha 299 and then I went to almost every reliance digital near by my location (Secunderabad). But no-one has a working 299 demo unit. But they insist on checking yamaha 1810 which has same package they say i.e. 100W per Channel etc. I have demoed few songs and Fast and Furious 5 though it was decent but i didnt feel bass punch much. I am not an audiophile but i prefer balanced sounds with bit more bass. I have also checked pioneer model 323/329 in their store but subwoofer wasnt connected so could not check properly. It was within my budget at Rs 39990.

And also one person has said that i can control bass manually in (Subwoofer) yamaha 299 and another person said i cannot. i am confused though i know it has active subwoofer but does it really packs the punch?

Also I noticed that subwoofer in pioneer package is huge compared to 299. Is it also active subwoofer?

and sorry for noob doubt but does active subwoofer make any noticeable difference over passive one. sorry again.

Basically i want it for more movies watching and bit less for music. Can you please advise.

Hi,

For 40k, you will get entry level systems like Yamaha / Onkyo / Pioneer.... audition and decide....most of them come with powered subwoofer which you can add another one later depending on what bass levels you prefer....

Audition with your music and decide....don't rush...

If budget is an issue, see the For Sale by Owner section of Hi Fi Ads....you will find good pre owned equipment and systems for reasonable prices with some level of warranty left....

All the best

Hi,

For 40k, you will get entry level systems like Yamaha / Onkyo / Pioneer.... audition and decide....most of them come with powered subwoofer which you can add another one later depending on what bass levels you prefer....

Audition with your music and decide....don't rush...

If budget is an issue, see the For Sale by Owner section of Hi Fi Ads....you will find good pre owned equipment and systems for reasonable prices with some level of warranty left....

All the best

Thanks. I can wait but with the scarce stock of yamaha 299 and very limited other options in the budget. i am unsure of what to do. :sad:

Hi,

The Pioneer looks promising...it seems to be a powered subwoofer...

Carry your music, audition, decide and purchase.

All electrical devices get hot and so you need to ensure suitable ventilation.

All the best!

Hi,

The Pioneer looks promising...it seems to be a powered subwoofer...

Carry your music, audition, decide and purchase.

All electrical devices get hot and so you need to ensure suitable ventilation.

All the best!
thanks. will demo pioneer next time :).

Thanks. I can wait but with the scarce stock of yamaha 299 and very limited other options in the budget. i am unsure of what to do. :sad:

What is your existing setup ( if any) right now?
Have you considered doing a stereo setup instead of 5.1? For the budget you can get a nice Integrated amp and speakers at the same price.

Look into the sale by owner section you might get real nice deal for gear
impossible within your current budget. Two high quality stereo speakers will blow any cheaper 5.1 system IMHO.

Hello all, any thoughts on TAGA Harmony TAV-606 V3. i have seen couple of posts and they were positive about it. is it better than yamaha 299 and pioneer 323 speaker package?
which avr is best to pair it up with? can i get decent bass without subwoofer? and lastly where can i audition it in hyderabad.

Hi,

A variety of AVRS will work for these speakers.

IMHO, a Marantz will do better justice to bring out warmth and punch for music and good depth for movies..

You can hook up the slim NR series and go for a 7.1 model NR1605 or NR1606.

There is a seller on Hi Fi ads selling the NR1605 for 49k which is quite good...the avr has all features except for Dolby Atmos and DTS X which is not a big deal...

You can decide accordingly.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back