Home Theatre setup

cbhargab

I am planning to setup a home theatre setup. I have decided on starting of with KEF Q300 and Marantz PM6004 amp. going forward is it possible to use these Q300s as the rear speaker for a 5.1 system if i go for Q500 as the front speakers.

regards

The Q 300s could be used as surrounds, no issues. Would be bit of a waste though IMHO. Better sell those when you upgrade or use elsewhere. Get a pair of good dipoles of any make.

But, the amplifier you have selected is a stereo amplifier. It can't do HT.

Thanks shuv..

suggestions required for a few options.

1. what other spkrs and avr suggested if i go with the q300 as front speakers for a HT.

2. avr for q500 as front spkrs.

Thanks

Consider the Marantz SR5007 and the equivalent Denons. 2313 I suppose.

I've heard the Q300 with a few Denons and was pretty impressed.

Go for a floor stander only if the room is big. These speakers need breathing space. Both of my setups had floor standers. I have and am shifting to stand mounters.

Not having auditioned the Kefs with brands other than Denon, I can't really comment. But from whatever google gyan I have, the Marantz is a very good AVR.

The Q200 would be a good match as the center. Any make of surrounds will work.

Have you tried out other speakers?

I am planning to setup a home theatre setup. I have decided on starting of with KEF Q300 and Marantz PM6004 amp. going forward is it possible to use these Q300s as the rear speaker for a 5.1 system if i go for Q500 as the front speakers.

regards

Honestly, Q300's for the front and Q100's for the back with the Q200 center channel would rock and you would save money. You would need a good sub from Kef. I have the IQ9 speakers (all 6 1/2 inch drivers) and these things absolutely can thrash my house by themselves. The bass is amazing with these speakers. My point is that I have the Kef3005 system with the IQ9's (7.I). I bought the Q300's for my dad and have been breaking these in. I unhooked my IQ9's and plugged in the Q300's and wow these bookshelf speakers are amazing. I have been watching movies with the Q300's and a sub and WOW! Yes, only the Q300's and my sub (HTB2) drowns you with deep textured imaging with much better than theater quality sound. You would not miss the Kef tower speakers as long as you have a sub.

Go for a floor stander only if the room is big. These speakers need breathing space. Both of my setups had floor standers. I have and am shifting to stand mounters.
13.gif

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back