Home theatre system for the PS3

bharat4ever

Hi, Sorry if i have reposted.
I am planning to buy a home theatre system for my PS3. I have narrowed down to the Sony's DAV-DZ570 Link

Please tell me if this is a good choice. the specs say that it has a optical audio in. Will this give me the entire 5.1 experience for ps3 games?

How much does the Sony cost? And more importantly how much is your budget? Stay away from Sony is my recommendation.

Based on your budget other appropriate suggestions can be made. Also, what will be the primary usage i.e. movies, music, gaming, etc.

Hi, Sorry if i have reposted.
I am planning to buy a home theatre system for my PS3. I have narrowed down to the Sony's DAV-DZ570 Link

Please tell me if this is a good choice. the specs say that it has a optical audio in. Will this give me the entire 5.1 experience for ps3 games?

Last edited:
my budget is 20k max. My main interest is gaming, totally on the ps3. Besides that watching movies on the ps3 also...

the sony one which i mentioned costs 19.5 k.

my budget is 20k max. My main interest is gaming, totally on the ps3. Besides that watching movies on the ps3 also...

the sony one which i mentioned costs 19.5 k.

Forget the Sony. I'm assuming gaming is the No. 1 priority for you. Take a look at the Logitech Z-5500, they are around 17K, lots of boom boom, THX certified and great for playing it out loud. Not very musical but great for gaming, movies and music on the PC i.e. loud. I would say for gaming they are the best in that budget.

Other options are HTIBs from Onkyo (3100, 3200) and Yamaha. Stay away from Sony, Samsung, LG, etc. Philips does have some decent to good offerings, but quality issues and connectivity issues do persist with them.

I looked into the Z 5500... But was not sure of how it connects to the PS3... Can you explain that to me if you have any experience with that?

also can you tell me whether it is really necessary to have speakers behind you to feel the surround sound to the max? in that case, i would need wireless rear speakers, since my room is already pretty cluttered up with wires.

Last edited:
I looked into the Z 5500... But was not sure of how it connects to the PS3... Can you explain that to me if you have any experience with that?

also can you tell me whether it is really necessary to have speakers behind you to feel the surround sound to the max? in that case, i would need wireless rear speakers, since my room is already pretty cluttered up with wires.

optical digital toslink. but that would not pass high def audio but i doubt you would see any useable advantage with using a sony/philips htib for high def audio anyways. I would second the z-5500 lots of boom bass for games/movies.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back