Home Theatre - which Projector to buy?

I am looking at buying the Epson 8500 UB and Elite Screens EzFrame Fixed Frame Projection Screen, 16:9 Aspect Ratio - 120in from 20north.com. Is it safe to buy these from there? Also for screen do I need additional equipment to make it stand? If so what?

I am looking at buying the Epson 8500 UB and Elite Screens EzFrame Fixed Frame Projection Screen, 16:9 Aspect Ratio - 120in from 20north.com. Is it safe to buy these from there? Also for screen do I need additional equipment to make it stand? If so what?

Hi,

Since you bro is on his way, ask him to grab the epson 8500UB. Probably, you can get the screen via 20"north. But a strong bump to the screen will make it ugly.

It is advisable to get heavier and delicate items here locally.

Regarding the extras to fix the screen, that depends on where and how you are going to put it up. At the least, you will need some clamps and screws.

Cheers!

My brother can't get it as he has a lot of luggage and lack of space might mean projector might break while he bings it...

He is bringing his laptop.

I will go to the US 2 months later and bring it myself if need be. Till then I am busy in small town India in my factory and am satisfied with my 40" LCD TV.

A few more questions -

a) Will the customs guys give me trouble?
b) What about the 120" Screen? Is a equally or almost equally good alternate available in India? Then I wont bring the screen as if I do, i think the customs guys will definitely catch me (Will they?)...

Is there a way I can import the player and screen through some website? I am willing to pay the customs duty....

Last edited:
Back