Home Theatre - which Projector to buy?

It's better to buy a screen from India like Dalite or Optoma Panoview. It will be difficult to carry screen from USA. I am not sure if you get a foldable screeen or not? Yes you can connect PS3 to your Projector.

The screens are always available in roll form which is as good as fold able, having said that i am having a small screen of 42 inches which is fold able in true sense but this is not possible with bigger screens above 70 inches or so.

V.

Is the screen foldable? Else how will he be able to bring it? If it is, I'll buy the screen as well....

From where to buy the Epson 8500 UB projector from? Amazon is saying they are not selling it at the moment. Please provide 1-2 reliable sites.

Why is it necessary to ceiling mount the projector? I think putting it on a table is much easier to attach to dvd players ps3 etc.

In order for you to understand this new world of entertainment in a better way, i suggest you request some of the forum members to allow you in visiting their place, so that across they can answer many of your questions and you will also have additional benefit to see a live entertainment room.

V.

Why is it necessary to ceiling mount the projector? I think putting it on a table is much easier to attach to dvd players ps3 etc.

Yes Epson has service centres in India. You will be getting the Projector from USA so I am not very sure on the warranty but u can always get paid service.

Which are the best projectors available in India and can be serviced here? How do they compare to 8500. Are they worth buying?

In order for you to understand this new world of entertainment in a better way, i suggest you request some of the forum members to allow you in visiting their place, so that across they can answer many of your questions and you will also have additional benefit to see a live entertainment room.

V.

Yes, this would be superb if I can see the entertainment systems and talk to other guys. I live in Calcutta. Any one from Calcutta here?

Also I plan to come to Mumbai within the next 3 months...

You are most welcome at my place, please do stay for a full day or more to understand the maximum details, maybe i can arrange your visit to another one or two more forum member in Mumbai.

V.

i got mine from amazon, a friend bought it for me and got it with him when he was coming back to India. The overall experience with Amazon was good.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back