homeshop18 feedback

kaushik

I had a real bad experience from HS18,site is totally unprofessional and most deals are fake.

They sell items that are not in stock and hold money for 20 -30 days .
twice i ordered for 2 different cellphones ,they kept silent for 20days.One was sent to my father but to my surprise the cell was not shipped .Second one was to bangalore ..they finally refund for 1st order after 30 days.

alas i ordered some cookware + cell phone in second order ..God knows how i will get delivery

Calling c.care of homeshop18 they give reference to couriers ...why i should call courier and both for the order ?

One of my friend has ordered Philips 5.1 system they hold his money for 20days
finally says "order processed",They delivered item after 43days.He was repenting for his purchase ,the speaker had a crack...

So Homeshop18 lists unstocked items ,delays for sure ...fake assurances...
NEver Nerver deal withthem

Why Govt dont have regulations such sites,this is a common symptom in many indian sites, except ebay.in where the seller is bound to deliver.

Yup totally unprofessional site, I bought the ra-one toys for my son, after 23 days and several emails, they refunded my money saying stock is not there...boycott the site... In the age of flip karts they don't deserve to exist...

flipkart is real good ..atleast till today has few orders that they did real good job.

wallmart etc should have made the lazy as* sites homeshop18 learn a lesson but our dirty politics have delayed that

I've had very positive experiences with ebay.in ? Flipkart ? letsbuy almost every time.

I've shopped thru homeshop18 only once...bought a xbox360 wired controller using a 200 rs coupon code and recd. the product in good condition in 08 days flat as mentioned in the offer deal.

So I will stay away from SYW,Lynx and now homeshop18. Till now my experience with flipkart has been pleasant as I keep buying and they keep delivering professionally. They even call and come to my home at my convenience for the COD cases. Thats real gesture

Flipkart is setting their own (unbeatable) standards in price levels , delivery, customer support , but when it comes to grade B level , ecommerce web sites , a lot is to be desired,and if my info is correct , homeshop18 is a product of Network 18 group ( CNBC TV channel)

guys, pain continues..
HS18 guys called said sorry, i want my exit from the headpain not apology homeshop18 said will be delivered on priority basis. sent update tickets ,facebook comments uff today also gone 19th jan ,
god...:mad:

I've had very positive experiences with ebay.in ? Flipkart ? letsbuy almost every time.

I've shopped thru homeshop18 only once...bought a xbox360 wired controller using a 200 rs coupon code and recd. the product in good condition in 08 days flat as mentioned in the offer deal.

i think this site is good only for ordering this particular product, ie, xbox 360 controller. strange, but true. of most of the people whose feedback i've read on purchase-experience with HS18, most of them had ordered this product and received it too in good condition and on proper time.

a few of my acquaintances had the ill-fate of ordering certain products with HS18, and the same thing happened to them. after more than 2 weeks of waiting for the products to be shipped, they finally admitted that it was not in stock in the first place. after some apology and offer for similar products, the money was refunded within 2-3 days.

thankfully, i have never placed any order with them, though i at times check upon their portal for some products, but now would refrain from this too i guess, lest 'impulse' takes over me unawares ;)
i think its better for one to use other portals like flipkart, ebay, etc, or in case of stock-unavailability, just wait for it, and keep a check on one's needs, rather than take the route to HS18 ! tough, but cant help it.

thanks to OP for informing us. i would like to avail this chance to add the name of one more unscrupulous trader from the gang of con-portals :

Electronics, Mobile Phones, Cameras at Lowest Price | BIGADDA SHOP

Please beware, and stay away from this too !

I people should raise some voice against online shops bad business practices
Govt must make it mandatory to
*follow shipment date as advertized
*typical delivery date should be communicated to customer as well as refund period
*missing the dates or negligence to communicate /resolve issues should be highlighted via common portal like ebay feedback,should attract penalty via a simple case user can raise.
*goods in stock ,must be real records

If in ebay.com every (99%) vendors deliver on time why our desi vendors run shops as their relaxed time?
40k AVRs /LED Tvs from US enter our houses in 10 days or less ..customer here in india wait months to get a delivery for india-india city.
.I have tracked the shipment "firstFlight couriers" ,another unprofessional company has held up the shipment .

why i will go 4km to argue with junk courier for the goods that are lost /forgot to deliver, that is really wrong.

Posted my review in other consumer forums ...
finally one more from stay-away group: Buytheprice.com , office mate saw wireless keyboard 500Rs off ordered, 15days they made fun and refunded

Last edited:
20days over homeshop18.com trap has eaten my money..customer care say ticket is escalated,courier tracking shows 'in transit',

lame couriers dunt pick phone..seems they have internal understanding,actually there is no stock, goods yet not shipped i guess.

clearly homeshop18.com is hell unprofessional

They follow the same standard and quality of their media network everywhere. So this is expected

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

I bought my Acer Aspire Timeline 5830TG laptop this month from Homeshop18 and got prompt service and delivery.

looks like most of the online stores are on the same page.
including indiatimes. I was yet to be SHIPPED.
on calling customer care - I was update with a consignment no and asked me to call their Delhi No!!!

just cancelled the order.

Attachments

• indiatimes.JPG
    indiatimes.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 84
20 -30 Rs extra to phone call ,biggest of all the feeling of being in a trap..is real bad

i know normally they will return paid amount,but after 30 days..just refund?

but most crap site so far is DealsAndyou,the blackberry scam ,kept my money for 3 months after that a cool line "stock taking did not happen,we will give a refund"

Seems to be SOP for HS18.com

I made the mistake of ordering a memory card for my phone at HS18 back in Nov-2011. For a week, there was no update except order confirmation. Then I called them and they said that because of unexpected demand, the item is sold out and that my order will be fulfilled directly by the supplier within 10 days. After 10 days with no sign of the card, I call them again, and they say that the item has shipped and I will get the details in an email. After another two days I call again ........ and this went on for FORTY (40) days before I got them to refund my money. What a waste of time and energy!

I will never buy from Homeshop18.com again.

Flipkart.com gives me the exact opposite experience. I've been buying from them since they sold only books - and always a smooth transaction. Even when I had a problem with the order (like item damaged or order delayed), they handled the complaint very professionally and always ensured that I was satisfied with the outcome. I heartily recommend Flipkart to all my friends & colleagues.

Cheers

Does HS18 really have a good price? Most of the time when i want to buy some stuff, browsed and found that the rates are high in HS18. As of now flipkart, letsbuy are some of the good going sites. I tried my first purchase on inkfruit. Ordered on 12 Jan, shipped on 14 Jan (as per their mail), was in the delivery center (AFL courier) in bangalore on 16 Jan (checked thru their site), they called me on 24 Jan to check if iam available today so that they can deliver the stuff (it was a COD) and i finally rejected.

huh..my stuff r their courier . :mad:
bangalore couriers are lazy As* specially DTDC/firstflight .
they asked me one funny question after giving order no : what is your address sir ? boss!@!@ how they are running.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back