homeshop18 feedback

Depends on luck- if all goes well, its good. If you get stuck, only god can save you. My sympathies with those who got a bad deal. I bought the following items and had a good experience:
Acer Aspire Laptop from Home Shop 18 in Jan 12 - prompt delivery
Canon EOS 1100D DSLR from smartshopper in Jan 12 - Prompt delivery
Kindle 6" from Indiaplaza in May 11 - Prompt Delivery
Electric Shaver, PSP games, books from Flipkart June to Dec 11 - Prompt Delivery.

guess I'm just plain lucky!

I bought some memory cards last month from home shop 18, did not face any issues and shipment was fast. Overall experience was satisfactory.

finally , calling 'we-r-the-king customer-not' courier named firstflight, they sent an elite courier guy , cookwares have 1year warranty but there is no dealer seal? !!:mad:

Decided not to ping HS18 ,cell seems working!!

next time for luck i will wear
metalheads-skull-chain-strong.jpg

Last edited:
Worst online shopping website. None of my orders were fulfilled - music CDs & LEGO toys for the niece. They do not update the availability of products on time - their Customer Service always informed me that the last piece was bought by someone else just moments before my order was placed. To top it, the refund was always done by cheque, even one had paid for the order using net banking. I received couple of gift coupons, for the unfulfilled orders, that were of no use to me.

Last edited:
I have completely different experience regarding homeshop18..

When I first ordered from home shop18 before 3 months, I was just praying to get my order in time and worried whether my money will be blocked.. But better than my expectations, they delivered in 3-4 days.. It increased my faith and ordered few more things and everything was delivered promptly in time( 2-4 days, most of the time quicker than eBay).. There were few fumbles also 3-4 times out of almost 20-25 orders(I have placed thousands of rupees orders including my camera lens, bedsheets, clothes, bath room items, home appliances, storage items etc as i am shifting to new home ), Every time response from customer care was up to the mark.. Good thing was you don't have to be in queue for long time like other websites, they try to sort out our issues in best possible ways.. In one instance they shipped different product( different color but same quality).. Upon just sending one single mail, they accepted for refund without any arguments, arranged for free courier pickup and refunded within 3 days:licklips:
Few times when item went out of stock, cust care called me directly and asked me which way I want refund- as a cheque or gift coupon or refunded directly in my account?..

Today when online purchase comes to my mind, I open homeshop18 first..

Regarding prices, I don't know what was the situation a year back, but now a days their deals are best in category.. If you see their site now a days , there are very lucrative deals for clothing, home and kitchen and jewellery segment.. Of course it's not a best destination for electronic items and they have mainly concentrated on home, kitchen, clothes and footware and jewellery items, which are difficult to find elsewhere at the same price..

Flip kart being so popular among forum people, I just want to tell that prices of flip kart are not at all competitive anymore in any segment be it tv, camera, storage devices , home appliances( don't know about books and movie DVDs at all).. I have not seen a single item which is priced better than other sites which I am interested in..

Comparing to other sites, their user interface is very simple and easy to use.. Many other sites like jabong, yebhi, pepper fry, infibeam, indiaplaza are very difficult to use and it's a headache till you finish your transaction..

I read reviews of all of you people and I have sympathy for you people but I can tell you from my experience that it's a definitely a different site ( probably management may have changed) and someone interested can definitely try his luck in homeshop18 site..it's definitely NOT in a category of shopyourworld at all..

Happy shopping

Last edited:
+1 to above.
its the best online site.I am a reguler in that site....and the price.its a challenge if someone finds chepar than that....

yes in online shopping you have to be good in follow up...that applies to every site.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back