• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

HOTSTAR Movies vs Amazon Prime - Audio Quality

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

sukhas19

Hi Guys, Are the movies in Hotstar has 5.1 audio? I recently got a Denon 1600h; when ever i play hotstar cotent , it shows stereo....

Amazon prime it shows surround one......So wondering , if it has anything to do with my TV or not......I am using optical audio out/ARC from TV to AVR.....

-Sukhas

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

pantpank

No, Hotstar doesn't provide dolby 5.1 sound but stereo 2 channel sound. Currently in India only Netflix and Amazon prime provide dolby 5.1(most of the content) and dolby Atmos sound ( selected movies)

Attachments

Srinivasa Rao

Hi Guys, Are the movies in Hotstar has 5.1 audio? I recently got a Denon 1600h; when ever i play hotstar cotent , it shows stereo....

Amazon prime it shows surround one......So wondering , if it has anything to do with my TV or not......I am using optical audio out/ARC from TV to AVR.....

-Sukhas
Hi, Hotstar outputs only stereo, sadly no 5.1 sound. It is to be seen when Disney+ lands on Hotstar, whether they continue with stereo or upgrade to at least 5.1 if not Atmos. It will be a deal breaker for many if Disney goes to Hotstar in India without 5.1 sound. Between, which is your TV that outputs 5.1 on Amazon prime.

skdMrk

Sadly their target consumers are the mobile phone users and thats why Hotstar suffers from video and audio quality. :(

dr_rocket

They started 1080p quality sometime back, now again gone back to high (720), medium and low quality.

Drmoneycandone

I have denon 1600h and have a issue of automatically highest volume level gets adjusted by itself .. media port used for Amazon 4k firestick . Any idea where to find list of content with Atmos in Amazon prime

vikas pathak

Yesterday I watched movie on hotstar, it is stereo sound only. You can select surround program in avr to get surround sound.

Picture quality is good but sound is bad.

SPONSORED ADS