How about bose Speaker?

jagadishareddy

Dear friends,

I would like to know your opinion about Bose Component Home Theatre Speaker Systems?

Well which are the best Amplifiers for this setup. I was thinking of setting up with a Onkyo 7.1 Amplifier. What do u say for this setup? You can sagest a good setup or a good combnation.

Advance thank you.

I have seen the Bose AM10 used along with the Yamaha AV Receivers and the sound is just ok. You can do lot better with the money instead of going for Bose. But if you have already bought the Bose then try the Yamaha as well as Marantz.

Bose Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
What is your budget?
Why bose in that?

There are number of portable speakers ( sun=b sats) which sound far better than bose - in same or lesser budget!

Blistering barnacles... Noooooo!

Bose does well with Bose and these systems generally excel with people who like the "BOSE" signature sound. Most of us like this sound.

IMHO - why not stick with the whole bose setup - ultimate thrill?

Lifestyle V30 Home Theatre System)

US = Bose-o-philes

Rest of US = Audiophiles, thankfully!

"BOSE signature sound", "Sony Signature Sound" etc etc .... the least mentioned the better!

Do justice to your ears and listen to some Wharfedales, Morduant Shorts, EPOS-es, Monitor Audio etc etc....

You have ONE LIFE, why not live it to the fullest? Why not enjoy music in the way it was meant to be?

Sorry for the outburst... it was spontaneous! :lol:

Dear friends,

I would like to know your opinion about Bose Component Home Theatre Speaker Systems?

Well which are the best Amplifiers for this setup. I was thinking of setting up with a Onkyo 7.1 Amplifier. What do u say for this setup? You can sagest a good setup or a good combnation.

Advance thank you.

Only you can decide which one is better suited for your taste and decor. Take time out for lengthy auditions with your favourite collections and see it for yourself.

A lot of audiophile folks will rant about Bose and its 'signature' sound. IMO its not fair to compare apples to oranges. To enjoy the magic or sound, one do not need to be an audiophile - the state of mind is the key.

Happy auditions.

Re: Blistering barnacles... Noooooo!

US = Bose-o-philes

"BOSE signature sound", "Sony Signature Sound" etc etc .... the least mentioned the better!

Do justice to your ears and listen to some Wharfedales, Morduant Shorts, EPOS-es, Monitor Audio etc etc....

You have ONE LIFE, why not live it to the fullest? Why not enjoy music in the way it was meant to be?

hey man thats a brand doign the talking - gotta give it to Bose partly and mostly to the ignorance of us folks. Same reason Bose sells at a premium and Toyota Camry goes as a luxury car here (used as Taxis and by "oldish" Asians back in the US).

What has the world come to :eek:

Dear friends,

Advance thank you.

I would say Bose is not a Bad product at all , I used a 301 long time back and its far better then the MS 902i what i have now. You need some good Power amplifier to drive the 301. reg the HT Setup , i think u should audition and then decide.

Happy Hunting.

Go for it.

A lot of people have issues with the sound quality but I love the sound. The clarity is simply amazing from those jewel cubes.

There is no such thing as best amplifier. There are a lot of options from various makes that will pair well with Bose speakers.

Onkyo TX SR606 is a very good option to consider.

Re: Blistering barnacles... Noooooo!

US = Bose-o-philes

You must be having good expereince of sony right?
anytime heard sony's very high end audio especially CD players and SACD players?
At a secondhand dealer I compared Sony's premium CD player ( sorry don't remember the number) against marantz 63 and Sony was faaaar better.
In India we know sony for it's mass market stuff but some of sony's sources and amplifiers are highly regarded ...

only where it does not have name is in speakers but there are occasional good examples...

request you to go through the vintage knob THEVINTAGEKNOB : vintage audio museum and it's sony section TVK 1: Sony

It is a comapany which gave us CD ,walkman,SACD,playstation,pocket transistor and lot many inventions.It is a comapny which made recordable walkman professional where people compared it's recording ability with nakamichi!

yes they are great marketers . sony was nowhere in car audio ,they pushed hard and now Xplod is in top 3..there are occasional products which did not do well like SACD,Mini Disk ,Betamax etc but yes it is a company which takes risk in technologies.

Right now barring SACD sony has almost out of audiophile hi fi but hey the comapny is alive and may return to this arena...

It has chaned focus towards video,it & gaming and in those fields it is doing well.

Unfortunatly vintage sony audio is niche ,but least read about it on net and at least give the minimum respect it deserves!

Back