How do you care for the spikes?

I use Herbies Gliders (brass). you can even push the loudspeakers to position. Used 1c Euros before ( even singapore 1c works) its a copper/nickel and does a good job between a spike and tiled floor.

Some spikes
When you unscrew the top cap
You will see a slot where an allen key. Fits

Just slot in the Allen key and rotate

You will not find it tight

Thanks guys for all the valuable suggestions/advice. I took it up today to overhaul my speaker stands. Especially to dissemble each of the spikes (they separate into five parts each), clean up the dirt, apply petroleum jelly and then assemble them back while also tightening the three pillars on each stand.

Hard work that, especially given that I had to work upon the screws that were jamming slightly. But it was all well worth! The sound I am listening to now takes me back at least four years - the background has gone dead quiet (at least hugely so from where it was before today)… making not just the twangs and bells pop, but also making audible faint background sounds - it was highly satisfying when the wife pointed to the clock ticking in the background while watching ‘Crown’… a detail I hadn’t noticed myself, but when I paid attention it was there… softly ticking in background! Noticeable improvement in the bass guitar on tracks, better resolved and the piano strikes are more purposeful now.

A job that I should have done long back. And one that I’d suggest if you have bookshelves and haven’t paid attention to the spikes in a few years. This is the petroleum jelly I used (bought over Amazon) based on very good reviews that it lived up to.

694EDF05-7496-4992-9A2E-19F0AC791DE2.jpeg

Thanks guys for all the valuable suggestions/advice. I took it up today to overhaul my speaker stands. Especially to dissemble each of the spikes (they separate into five parts each), clean up the dirt, apply petroleum jelly and then assemble them back while also tightening the three pillars on each stand.

Hard work that, especially given that I had to work upon the screws that were jamming slightly. But it was all well worth! The sound I am listening to now takes me back at least four years - the background has gone dead quiet (at least hugely so from where it was before today)… making not just the twangs and bells pop, but also making audible faint background sounds - it was highly satisfying when the wife pointed to the clock ticking in the background while watching ‘Crown’… a detail I hadn’t noticed myself, but when I paid attention it was there… softly ticking in background! Noticeable improvement in the bass guitar on tracks, better resolved and the piano strikes are more purposeful now.

A job that I should have done long back. And one that I’d suggest if you have bookshelves and haven’t paid attention to the spikes in a few years. This is the petroleum jelly I used (bought over Amazon) based on very good reviews that it lived up to.

View attachment 76531
Petroleum jelly is sticky and will attract dust and later jam the bolts. Use dry lube spray or brush a very light coat of white grease / silicone grease, sewing machine oil next time not skin moisturizer on hardware

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back