How is "Pioneer Andrew Jones SPBS 22 LR Bookshelf " for my Onkyo HT-S3400?

noblejose

Hi All,
I would like to upgrade front speakers for my Onkyo HT-S3400 entry level HTiB. I came across Pioneer Andrew Jones designed SPBS 22 LR Bookshelf speakers under 10K. is that a good deal? will these speakers perform better than my onkyo supplied fronts?

HTiB model No: HT-S3400
Receiver: HT-R390
existing front speakers (going to replaced): SKF-390 L/R
may be I'll put these front speakers to my surrounds as those were bit smaller model SKR-390 L/R - is that a good idea? :confused:

I believe this upgrade with pioneer bookshelf will help me to get a better music experience and improve movie.

note:- I don't have more than 15K budget as of now; and most probably these entire system will get replaced once I get a chance to build my next HT. Comments/ suggestions please.

I own the Pioneer BS22s and they are a very highly rated bookshelves, I was surprised by there performance when I auditioned them. I replaced by 8 year old Sony towers with them, you may stretch your budget a little and go for Andrew Jones towers (FS52), they are selling at 20K approx and the performance is awesome. I auditioned a lot of bookshelves during my last purchase and Energy CS-10 were the best sounding bookshelves selling at 18K approx, you may give them a try too.

For the price they are good/VFM speakers.They will match with Onkyo_Overall sound can be on warmer side.

Back