How much for 2005 Maruthi Esteem Lxi

cha_indian

Guys, i got this offer from a guy who is the second owner of 2005 Maruthi Esteem Lxi. He claims that the car is run only 14000km and is ready to sell it for 1Lakh. Do you think it is worth ?

AC is working fine, pickup is pretty quick and overall it looks a nice car. I was wondering if it is worth one Lakh ?

thanks,
ck

60-80 is the maximum you can bet. There is no way to know actual kilometres clocked unless you go with an experience mechanic.

First of all check if the car has a service history. Maruti has a centralized database for the service history of cars across India. So in case you wanna check if that the 14k clicks is genuine and the meter hasn't been tampered with, you know where to go.
Any MASS should be able to give you the service history.

If the car has been serviced at a local garage, 101% chances that the meter has been tampered with. It's very rare that you find cars like the esteem with such low mileage on the odo.

What was the reason given for 14k run?
It is almost 7yrs old, so calculating that the car had run 2k per year. Even a regular bicycle user runs more than this.

The Maruti Esteem is a fantastic car but the resale value is pretty low unfortunately. I have a 2004 MPFI LXi model that has run 65k and am very happy with it.

Sometimes, if there are many cars in the house, chances are it will have run less. If it is genuinely run only that much, you should go for it at 1 lakh or lesser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Maruti Esteem is a fantastic car but the resale value is pretty low unfortunately. I have a 2004 MPFI LXi model that has run 65k and am very happy with it.

Sometimes, if there are many cars in the house, chances are it will have run less. If it is genuinely run only that much, you should go for it at 1 lakh or lesser.

I do have Esteem MPFI VXI ( 2004), still happy with that and it has run around same 65K and there are offers till 1.5L is there for me.. But I am happy to keep this no-nonsense car:)

An unused engine is likely to develop problems. You should take it for a spin and check throttle response, acceleration, feel of rolling resistance, responsiveness , handling, shuddering or vibrations, ratling noises etc. Even with 50K spent on servicing, if it performs well, its a better deal than a brand new car ...

--G0bble

That's something we have in common eh?

I am still driving my Black Esteem VXI BSII (July 2003) and still enjoying it. Still almost in the same condition it was when I bought it back then. When my next car comes after my new house construction is finished, plan to retain it.

Guys, i got this offer from a guy who is the second owner of 2005 Maruthi Esteem Lxi. He claims that the car is run only 14000km and is ready to sell it for 1Lakh. Do you think it is worth ?

AC is working fine, pickup is pretty quick and overall it looks a nice car. I was wondering if it is worth one Lakh ?

thanks,
ck

First off, get it checked with a very good mechanic. 14K km is very low. Make sure the odo is not tampered with - very easy to do on most cars.

carwale and teamp-bhp are you best bets for pricing feedback.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back