Speaker upgrade for Fortuner

twenyone

Hey guys!

So I've been looking for speaker upgrades for my fortuner. I've been talking to Ravi who runs http://motorsounds.co.in (bunch of stores in Mumbai and Jaipur) - seems like an honest, genuine guy.

He suggested 2 systems to me - one was Audison, but what he really recommended was Vibe CVEN, which is twice as expensive but is the signature series of the Vibe lineup. Has anyone here tried these speakers?

The second thing I'm wondering is if its really worth spending on upgrading car speakers... Like will it make a huge difference? I'm guessing it can't ever compare to hi fi home audio stuff given the constraints of speaker positioning, etc. What do you guys think?

I'm guessing it can't ever compare to hi fi home audio stuff given the constraints of speaker positioning

Not at all true. Go active and then sky is the limit.

The best sound you can get is in using a tweeter and wideband in the dashboard or A Panel, with midbass in the front doors and subwoofer in the boot.
A DSP and two 4-channel amplifiers is all you need to go active.

The critical part is in getting the angles of the tweeters and the wide band correctly

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back