How much time do you get to enjoy your A/V gear?

ontherocks

With life's never ending chores, how much "real" time do you get to enjoy your A/V gear? Daily, weekly, monthly......?
By "real" I mean not getting some work done while you listen to music or view something? Nothing/no one to bother, nothing going at the back of your mind, just plain sit/lay and listen/view.

With so much of tension going around I enjoyed my system most when I was a student.....but now when ever I listen to music or watch movies something always goes on at the back of my mind.......

On an average around 15-20 hrs per week excluding viewing of sporting events on TV

Last edited:
max 2 hours per week in summer, HT room is non A/C :( and probably 3 -4 hours there after. Sometimes wife becomes so furious at the gears that I have to sacrifice :) my hobby for an effective truce.

O when we were young!!!:rolleyes:...... but Now every morning when I go m ..... in the Loo ... or lethargic morning times or breakfast time in general I put some upbeat ones...... and also when I go for bath :p :D

Last edited:
Night-time listener --- that means PC-audio/headphones as its a small house.

The hifi is mostly neglected, and it tends to be turned on more often by wife than by me. I guess we should worker harder at the shared musical experience!

The hifi,minimum a couple of hours everyday.. weekends it may stretch to 3 or 4 hours. Very less time for movies however, just a movie or two per week,thats it..

It's always on baby!

Mine too ........

The living room (Topping + JBL) gets a dose of @ 5-6 hours daily... LOUD
HT Room @ 2-3 hours daily (Wharfies) .... music only ... no movies ... LOUD :p
1 Bed Room (Sony) .... @ 10-12 hours daily.... LOW VOLUME

So, that makes it 21 hours in all ..... averaged out time. :p

Last edited:
max 2 hours per week in summer, HT room is non A/C :( and probably 3 -4 hours there after. Sometimes wife becomes so furious at the gears that I have to sacrifice :) my hobby for an effective truce.

g9Gsh.png
:lol: :eek:hyeah:

I used to get 4 hours a day (9PM to 1PM) for music+movies on weekdays, till about a couple of months ago. Back then I used to listen to music for 2 hours or so and watch a movie for the rest of the time. I prefer to listen to music actively rather than leave it on in the background, so time spent on music is 100% music and nothing else.

Nowadays I get about 2-2.5 hours a day max (10PM to 12PM). I usually spend the time watching a movie, and then listening to music for the rest of the time. I lost 2 hours as I get home later, and go to sleep a bit earlier (so I get time for exercise in the morning).

I'm working on getting it back to 4 hours a day by getting home earlier :)

I have nearly all of sunday free. I used to watch 2-3 movies on sunday and spend the rest of the time listening to music. Nowadays I go out on saturday evening and stay out nearly all night, so most of sunday morning is spent catching up on sleep. And I go out on sunday afternoon most sundays and stay out till late night. I've spent quite a few saturday evenings and sundays now without music or movies. I think I like it this way.

6-8 hours / month ( movies and music on HT )
about 40-60 hours /month on PC based ( Games,Movies and music )
about 3-4 hours daily,about 70hrs/month while commuting to and from office.
about 2-10 hours doing DIY a month ( I'm still within the definition of A/V gears, right! ).
about 30 hours/ month on hifivision ( am I still within the definition of A/V gears?:indifferent14: ).

Hi all,

Mine is probably the worst.

I listen to about 1-1.5 hours a week sometimes and movies maybe 1 a month because of space constraints.

Vinod

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back