How Mutch I Need For My New HT?

neo_49

Next month i m going buy HTIB but not for movies only also good for music but after reading lot of post i m confused ,please tell me what is write choice for good money may be i m going to buy this receiver is Onkyo TX-SR505 & dvd player is DVD99 but for speakers i m not shore now need u r help what is good for music & movie in good price ,
REGARDS

Neo:

The AVR and DVD Player you have chosen are good. Don't worry too much about what you read or hear.

For the 505, a sub/sat speaker system would be fine. If you are limited by budget go for a audition of sub/sat system from KEF or Mordaunt Short

In KEF, depending upon your budget look for Kit510 to KiT550. In MS, you can choose from Mezzo or the Genie series.

If you are in Mumbai, please also take a look at Lithos Acoustics. He makes some really nice and musical speakers for lo prices.

Cheers

Venkat (or others), any idea on the latest prices of Lithos systems? (Noa1 sub-sat)? I searched on the forums but am getting differing prices from 10K to 38K rupees.

Re: How Much I Need For My New HT?

Thanx for replay VENCAT,i m from kolhapur MAHARASHTRA & in my city audition this product not possible so only choice is mumbai that was i m asking how much i need for this speaker set with SW.
REGARDS

Last edited:

ajinkya said:
Re: How Mutch I Need For My New HT?
Venkat (or others), any idea on the latest prices of Lithos systems? (Noa1 sub-sat)? I searched on the forums but am getting differing prices from 10K to 38K rupees.

I don't have the latest prices. You should call or write to Lithos for the latest prices. But I am positive NOA1 it will be less than 15 odd thousand.

Thanx for replay VENCAT,i m from kolhapur MAHARASHTRA & in my city audition this product not possible so only choice is mumbai that was i m asking how much i need for this speaker set with SW.
REGARDS

Neo the prices range from 25,000 to more than a lakh. If you specify your budget, it will be easier to pinpoint a brand and model. If you have access to the Net, visit the websites of Definitive Technologies, KEF, Mission, Mordaunt Short, Klipsch, Jamo, and Q_Acoustic. Also call Lithos and ask them for prices.

A Home Theater package, or what is called a HT Package comes with a sub woofer. This usually consists of 1 sub woofer, a center speaker, and four satellite speakers.

Cheers

The cost of a 5.1 Lithos speaker system using Noa1 speakers would be about 36k...for some reason they themselves recommend you use two subs....so that would take the cost up to 43k....there may be some discounts applicable on these prices.....

I've never heard these but I've heard they're very good.....

Thanx again Venkat , my max budget is 60k for all inc. dvd player & receiver (with speaker set) but if there is no any good 5.1 speaker (specially for music) set for my budget i will buy two floor stand with sub & buy others after some time.
REGARDS

Neo:

Your total budget is 60K including AVR, DVD Player, and speakers? After the 505 and DVD99, how much will you have left for speakers?

Please read the following link.

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/1886-help-choosing-sub-woofers.html

Your requirements are very similar.

With your limited budget and the 505, it does not make sense to look at floor standers. You will get better sound from bookshelves.

Cheers

Thanx for updating me, yesterday i saw one post about receiver & Krauss writen this (u will be spoiling things by purchasing onkyo receiver. go for some decent brand, at least a denon. ) that means my choice is not decent (receiver 505) like denon so i tried to compare specification & sow this (All Channels Rated @ 0.08 THD) on denon site but Onkyo dont write in there specification so is this (total harmonic distortion) difrant in this two brand or some other reason .There is one model like AVR-1708 in my budget so what do you think i can change my receiver choice ?
REGARDS

Last edited:
Thanx for updating me, yesterday i saw one post about receiver & Krauss writen this (u will be spoiling things by purchasing onkyo receiver. go for some decent brand, at least a denon. ) that means my choice is not decent (receiver 505) like denon so i tried to compare specification & sow this (All Channels Rated @ 0.08 THD) on denon site but Onkyo dont write in there specification so is this (total harmonic distortion) difrant in this two brand or some other reason .There is one model like AVR-1708 in my budget so what do you think i can change my receiver choice ?
REGARDS

Neo:

The Onkyo 505 is a very good receiver. See complete details (Including THD) at

http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/product_info/pdf/tx-sr505_ex_leaflet.pdf

The receiver has won multiple awards last year. The only thing missing may be the HDMI connection. If you are very particular about this take the TX-SR506 that has all the features of the 505 and HDMI also. The 506 should be in the same price bracket. Maybe a few thousands more.

Neo, different people have varyning likes and dislikes of different brands. Between Onkyo, Yamaha, and Denon, the specs at the same price range are very close to each other.

You have made a good choice. The 505 is a powerful AVR in it's price class and multiple awards winner. Unless there is a compelling reason, I don't see why you should change your mind.

Cheers

Thanx again Venkat , my max budget is 60k for all inc. dvd player & receiver (with speaker set) but if there is no any good 5.1 speaker (specially for music) set for my budget i will buy two floor stand with sub & buy others after some time.
REGARDS

if youre looking for a system specific for listening to stereo music you'd rather spend your budget on 2 speakers and an amp. you'll get much better results

Hi,

Can you suggest budget HTiB for 10 to 15k with good sound?
choice-sony,samsung,LG
Divx,Dvd
Digital input prefered

Secondly are new DD & Dts codecs are backward compatable?
i.e. can DD HD,Dts master (blue ray) can be decoded in simple form(not
HD) by
current Htib?

I have old Onkyo receiver which decodes Dts 96/94 to normal Dts
to give real 5.1 output.(not DD prologic2 or Dts neo way).

I don't have the latest prices. You should call or write to Lithos for the latest prices. But I am positive NOA1 it will be less than 15 odd thousand.

Neo the prices range from 25,000 to more than a lakh. If you specify your budget, it will be easier to pinpoint a brand and model. If you have access to the Net, visit the websites of Definitive Technologies, KEF, Mission, Mordaunt Short, Klipsch, Jamo, and Q_Acoustic. Also call Lithos and ask them for prices.

A Home Theater package, or what is called a HT Package comes with a sub woofer. This usually consists of 1 sub woofer, a center speaker, and four satellite speakers.

Cheers

Ok now i finally decide to go for Onkyo TX-SR505 but what about player, is this DVD99 is ok or is there any other choice in same budget or less & one more thing, i know this is not write place to ask but i dont want to start new thread ,i m looking for 29 CRT television what do you suggest (Brand ,Model).
REGARDS

spirovious said:
Can you suggest budget HTiB for 10 to 15k with good sound?
choice-sony,samsung,LG
Divx,Dvd
Digital input prefered

Frankly Spirovious, I have not looked at these products at all in the market. Personally I would settle for the following order:

Samsung
LG
Sony

You really have to audition them and decide. Or if you could get me the specs, I can tell which one you should look at seriously.

spirovious said:
Secondly are new DD & Dts codecs are backward compatable? i.e. can DD HD, DTS master (blue ray) can be decoded in simple form (not HD) by current Htib?

I am trying to make some sense of your question. Let me look at all the alternatives.

1. Will the HTIB support new versions of DTS and DD such as DD EX or DTS ES? Yes, they should. But you have to check specifications.
  2. If they support new versions, will they also play older versions of DD and DTS? Yes they will.
  3. Will the HTIB support new sound formats such as TrueHD and DTS HD? Again you have to check the specs of the specific models.
  4. Can an HTIB that does not support True HD and DTS HD decode them through standard sound codecs such as DTS and DD or DTS ES and DD EX? No they cannot.

neo_49 said:
Ok now i finally decide to go for Onkyo TX-SR505 but what about player, is this DVD99 is ok or is there any other choice in same budget or less & one more thing, i know this is not write place to ask but i dont want to start new thread ,i m looking for 29 CRT television what do you suggest (Brand ,Model).

Yes, the DVD99 is a very good player. It upscales to 1080p, has 192/24 DAC for excellent sound, and CA DVD Players have the reputation for being excellent music players in addition to being good video devices.

Sansui Hardrock
Akai
Sany Trinitron
Sanyo CM29FS2

I have good experiences with both Aki and Sansui. I am currently using a Sansui Hardrock 29incher.

Cheers

Now finally i m going to buy this two product but steel need one help ,Where can i buy this two products in mumbai with good service & price .
REGARDS

Now finally i m going to buy this two product but steel need one help ,Where can i buy this two products in mumbai with good service & price .
REGARDS

If you mean Cambridge Audio DV99 then you can buy it at Sharper Image at Worli in Mumbai:

Sharper Image
G-2, T.V. Industrial Estate
Behind Glaxo, Worli
Mumbai, India -400018
Ph: 022-24915886
Contact Person: Mr. Harsh: 09821220202
E-Mail: [email protected]

The TV you can buy at a reputable chain like Chroma or Sumaria. Sumaria has a web site you can browse:
Home Page - Sumaria.in

Hi,
I got Onkyo 2 yrs back from Sumaria Mahim in 0% installment.They may offer Discount.

They keep other products from Denon,Yamaha,MA,Polk etc(Shivaji park Branch)

REGARDS

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back