How to Bypass audio from blu ray to AV receiver to decode it.

jayvnandu

Hello friends,

i recently bought an orei BDP-M2 region free blu ray player. i connected it to my Marantz sr5007 receiver via HDMI. Now the problem is i want the receiver to decode the sound and not the player. I checked the seeting of the Blu ray and nowhere could find the audio setting. so My question is.
1) how do i by pass the sound from the blu ray to the reciever for it to decode.
2) the sound does not say dolby digital or DTS - MA. it shows multi channel stereo IN or Multi channel stereo whenever i play a blu ray.
Help?

Thanks.

The setting for bitstreaming is usually under the audio settings of the bdp. You may have to set it to bitstream or RAW. Isn't there a manual for your bdp?

The setting for bitstreaming is usually under the audio settings of the bdp. You may have to set it to bitstream or RAW. Isn't there a manual for your bdp?

there is no such option in the audio setting and the manual also doesnt specify this.

Kindly list all available options you see under Audio setting for you BDP. The official product page doesn't even have a User manual on it so its hard to guide you.

i think so, it would be of no use if i cant bypass the audio from the bdp to the reciever for it to decode.
5.gif

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back