How to connect TV and Computer with surround Sound using Onkyo 3400

So finally you got it correctly.Once you get proper Bitstream,you can select surround option of your choice.

one quick question: I have connected the HDMI port of Graphics Card to GAME port of Receiver... is it fine...??

It does not matter which HDMI port you use.

I think you already figured out how to set hdmi as audio device.

Petes,

Audio Bitstreaming is player dependent. i.e you have to enable bitstreming in you video player.
If you are using xbmc (eden) player, in its audio settings tab you have option to choose speaker settings (number of analogue channels) as well as audio formats you need to bitstream.
If you are using KLM Codec pack with media player classic home cinema, while playing a movie file, right click on screen -> Filters -> there you should see the audio decoder filter (might be ffdshow audio decoder, or LAV audio decoder - depending on the version of KLM codec pack / audio decoder packs you installed). If its ffdshow audio decoder, go to its properties window and then to output tab. There you have option to Passthrough (SPDIF/HDMI) audio. Choose the audio formats you would like to pass through and that is supported by your graphics card/receiver combination (DTS, Dolby Digital, DTS HD, TrueHD, etc).

Also for this to work, your player as well as audio codec you use, must be registered as the primary codec for decoding that audio format. i.e in the above KLM codec pack example, if somehow while playing a video file with DTS audio, the player loads LAV audio decoder for decoding audio instead if ffdshow audio decoder; there wil not be any bitstreaming as you have not configured bitstreaming in LAV audio decoder(or any such audio decoder).

Hope this helps. If you use another player please google bitstreaming + your palyer name

XBMC is pretty much straight forward.

Last edited:
All set and pretty much working fine..even the bit streaming also...

Again one solution required: The Icons & Text Size on my TV are too small to read from 6ft away...Is there anyway to increase this without loosing the resolution..

is it something to do with the DPI...???

In windows 7 you can set icons view to be large. Easy way is to press CTRL and scroll the mouse wheel.

to mitigate this issue I am going for wireless Keyboard mouse...since I use TV only for entertainment to access my comp, this would be the right choice for me ..:)

Wireless Touch Keyboard K400

will buy via Homeshop18 or Snapdeal as they have good discount for this..!!

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back