[B]How to connect CABLE TV SET TOP BOX to LCD MONITOR?[/B]

sachu21

My local cable tv operator has supplied a set top box and it is having 'Composite Video Output'
This is the item: N5366S - Satellite - Coship

My computer is having a LCD monitor and its having a VGA and a DVI input.

Now how do i connect this set top box to my monitor. I am not planning to buy a tv tuner card and connect my PC to set top box. Instead i want to watch, cable tv channels on my LCD monitor, without turning my PC on.
[Shall connect set top box's audio output to speakers separately.
Pls help
Thank u :)

Two options you can evaluate

First is a Composite to VGA converter (costlier)
Buy StarTech.com COMP2VGA Composite and S-Video to VGA Video Converter for Computer Monitors Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

2nd is a Composite to HDMI converter (cheaper)
Buy Storite AV to HDMI AV / CVBS 3 RCA Composite Video AV to HDMI Converter for TV / PC VHS, VCR, DVD, PC, PS3 Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

but for the 2nd option you would need a HDMI to DVI connector
HDMI To DVI D Dual Link Cable Gold Plated 1.5 Meter 24+1 Pin DVI-D 1.5M - Buy HDMI To DVI D Dual Link Cable Gold Plated 1.5 Meter 24+1 Pin DVI-D 1.5M Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

This way you can forego a tuner and can turn this setup on without POC. Remember that there are tons of External Tuner Cards (costlier) which do not require to turn on PC.

Finally, if you look at the cost of what you are paying for the composite to HDMI conversion then I think it is best for you to switch to HD STB (with direct HDMI out) of same or different provider for better PQ and of course simplicity

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back